• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 Camp Report: Bring Out the Pads

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
That's what he has been solid.. the issue is we needed him to be a super star. Which is why we took another OLB in Dupree. But if Dupree can be that guy then Jones being solid will be fine. And I was referring to Porter liking Jones not sure why you mentioned Tomlin.

Exactly. You figure Chickillo is at least a year away if he is going to contribute, so the Steelers will have to live with Jarvis. I love Harrison, but he has 38-year old legs and doesn't have it in him to play that many snaps. Does Moats really bring anything special that should keep Jones on the bench? Apparently the Steelers want to reduce the rotation and live with what they have and that's the right decision. If Jarvis can get 5-6 sacks (a big stretch, I know) and Dupree develops into an 8-10 sack guy this year, that's progress.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought we'd thrown out "tackles" as a worthless stat.
Now it applies?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Taken from Steeler Depot. BY ALEX KOZORA JULY 31, 2016

Anthony Chickillo starts things off with a bull rush of Alejandro Villanueva, who hops back and rebuffs it.

Chickillo dips and does a nice job cornering against Villanueva, using his height against him.

Chickillo sets up Jerald Hawkins well, beginning outside with his initial steps before slashing inside. Hawkins can’t mirror it and gets dusted.

Sounds like he's doing some good things

I liked the pick last year. And I still see Chickillo as a potential starter

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
if Chickillo can't beat out Jarvis, whom every single one of his detractors has called simply awful, then how good is Chickillo, really?

Jarvis is getting the nod cause he's a 1st round pick. I think Chickillo outclasses Jarvis physically. And I'm a UGA homer. Just simply put, Jarvis has one good move and thats a bull rush. Outside of that he is not an NFL player

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
chickillo could be a strong side OLB, he's definitly not a pass rusher and I doubt he becomes one, I think his ceiling would be a Haggans.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
chickillo could be a strong side OLB, he's definitly not a pass rusher and I doubt he becomes one, I think his ceiling would be a Haggans.

I think Chikillo is bigger, stronger, faster, more likely to make plays, and can't be any worse as a pass rusher.

If we are playing 4-3 OLB, Timmons is our best strong side guy unless he suddenly got old.

Haggan's production when he started seems to be beyond what Jones is capable of producing.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Chikillo is bigger, stronger, faster, more likely to make plays, and can't be any worse as a pass rusher.

If we are playing 4-3 OLB, Timmons is our best strong side guy unless he suddenly got old.

Haggan's production when he started seems to be beyond what Jones is capable of producing.

when I talked about his ceiling it was Chickillo's. My whole post was about him, not JJ

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
when I talked about his ceiling it was Chickillo's. My whole post was about him, not JJ

Yes, but JJ prevents Chickillo from getting time with the first unit.

When I see a below average vet starting, I always want the younger and cheaper talent to replace him.