• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 9

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I fully expect Penn State to get crushed. So it will be a no stress game to watch.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I fully expect Penn State to get crushed. So it will be a no stress game to watch.
I always expect a good game against PSU. No matter the records or circumstances,

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Dawgs win now onto hockey and I am done with sports for the night after the Pens game.

The last two games have been duds. Maybe we get Sid back this evening.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the 1rst 1/2 Georgia game and am impressed. Both teams played well but One could tell G was going to get them. Bulldogs have a very stout defense and they (team) deserve that #1 ranking.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Penn States offense needs to get it out in under 3 seconds or they're screwed against this pass rush. At least roll him out or shotgun. Under center is a no go.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the 1rst 1/2 Georgia game and am impressed. Both teams played well but One could tell G was going to get them. Bulldogs have a very stout defense and they (team) deserve that #1 ranking.

Salute the nation
Georgia is the best team in the country and it's not close. I know Alabama fans don't want to admit that, but it's reality. The only team that can keep Georgia from winning the NC this year is Georgia.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Penn States offense needs to get it out in under 3 seconds or they're screwed against this pass rush. At least roll him out or shotgun. Under center is a no go.
Penn State seems to recruit great everywhere except the OL. The OL has been pretty crummy for a couple years now. To me, it's the only thing holding them back. Besides Franklin.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
That quick tempo is exactly what they need to do. Nice drive.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Great game, Penn State fans. If this game was in Happy Valley, I'm pretty sure we lose this game. Nittany Lions were the FAR more physical/tougher team, that strip-sack fumble recovered and run back for a TD was pretty much the difference in the game. Clifford was awesome, dude is tough as nails and didnt blink.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
Georgia is the best team in the country and it's not close. I know Alabama fans don't want to admit that, but it's reality. The only team that can keep Georgia from winning the NC this year is Georgia.
Yep. That Georgia D is filthy-good. They'll be hoisting that trophy at season's end, I have seen nothing to believe they wont be.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
The OL for Penn State is very subpar. That's the main key for them and the coach. Good game nonetheless.
So's the coaching staff. Franklin is the Tomlin of college coaches. They have upset top ranked teams one time in his career - if there's an upset, they're invariably the victim. Eight seasons and one upset of a top ranked team.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Well UH pulled out the victory with a KR for a TD with 17 seconds left in the game. SMU had tied it up with a field goal with about 30 seconds left and Jones took it to the house to break the tie and send us home happy

He also had a pick and several tackles. The kid is dam good, I just wish he was a bit bigger

they also have a SR receiver named Dell who had 3 TD catches tonight, he would certainly look good in black and gold

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Great game, Penn State fans. If this game was in Happy Valley, I'm pretty sure we lose this game. Nittany Lions were the FAR more physical/tougher team, that strip-sack fumble recovered and run back for a TD was pretty much the difference in the game. Clifford was awesome, dude is tough as nails and didnt blink.

I also think that fumble was the game changer. If not for that play PSU had a real good shot to win.

How was that "snap infraction" not a fumble? Nobody on the OL moved early, the center simply dribbled the ball on the ground and PSU recovered. To me that's no different than if the snap goes over the QB's head.

Seeing PSu play like this just makes the season all the more frustrating. They were on the way to beating Iowa easily and clearly would have beaten Illinois if not for Clifford's injury.

The OL is struggling despite the fact that they have 3 guys who may play in the NFL. They have guys with individual talent but it's just not coming together as a unit. Or it's coming together slowly. If they had a Saquon or even a Miles Sanders, the run game would probably be OK, but they don't have a special RB to overcome the OL issues.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Penn State will lose to Michigan and Michigan State. You can't win in the Big 10 without a running game. I never remember Penn State having a running game this bad. They usually have 2 or 3 good RB's they can play and at least one can catch out of the backfield. They are just pitiful and it's cost them already and will the rest of the season.

str8liner

Reaction score
If Clifford dosen't turn the ball over PSU wins last night. He is hurt, playing about 70 percent of his potential and not having a running game has doomed the lions.

My takeaway from the game last night is you OSU guys aren't winning a NC with that CJ kid.

He just doesn't seem to have "it".

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
I also think that fumble was the game changer. If not for that play PSU had a real good shot to win.

How was that "snap infraction" not a fumble? Nobody on the OL moved early, the center simply dribbled the ball on the ground and PSU recovered. To me that's no different than if the snap goes over the QB's head.

Seeing PSu play like this just makes the season all the more frustrating. They were on the way to beating Iowa easily and clearly would have beaten Illinois if not for Clifford's injury.

The OL is struggling despite the fact that they have 3 guys who may play in the NFL. They have guys with individual talent but it's just not coming together as a unit. Or it's coming together slowly. If they had a Saquon or even a Miles Sanders, the run game would probably be OK, but they don't have a special RB to overcome the OL issues.
Yeah, I agree, not sure how that wasnt a fumble. I was also scratching my head when, late in the 4th quarter, Penn State (Joey Porter Jr) was called for defensive holding, but the result was "half the distance to the goal, still 2nd down"...isnt defensive holding supposed to be an automatic 1st down?

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
If Clifford dosen't turn the ball over PSU wins last night. He is hurt, playing about 70 percent of his potential and not having a running game has doomed the lions.

My takeaway from the game last night is you OSU guys aren't winning a NC with that CJ kid.

He just doesn't seem to have "it".
Eh. He's a freshman, I'll wait to see how he develops as we get to next season, and after that.