• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bring in rex ryan

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Well it worked in NY, and it worked in Baltimore. Maybe the Bills players are stupid?

I think his problem was that he can't handle the HC limelight, he gets too caught up in trying to be clever at press conferences. If he concentrates sole on defense, I think he'd be a great coordinator. Look at Wade Phillips.
I think the only thing that helped this defense with the change to Butler was that it was simplified and the players played faster. Da foot would be a disaster.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Good enough to get embarrassed in the afc championship. This Scheme has been **** for 10 years. We don't have the talent to make it work.

This was the same scheme employed when Cowher was here....so it goes back beyond 10 years. These Brady asswhippings are from the antiquity

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
If youre gonna replace him with anyone then it has to be Wade Phillips or Romeo Crennel.......

mdk2

Reaction score
This was the same scheme employed when Cowher was here....so it goes back beyond 10 years. These Brady asswhippings are from the antiquity

Lebeau hasn't stopped coaching our defense, his scheme is alive and well.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
It is time to fire coach - can't beat rival

That's how it goes.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
That's how it goes in college. Yeah, I am pissed, and I too wonder where the "apex" to MT's coaching will breach, but who comes in a puts a collar on this talent and wins? The Steelers have built a great tradition, but as of late, that is pissed on by the Shats. Whatever reason, the results in the books are what they are and it's ******* humbling and I don't like it.

mdk2

Reaction score
Rival?? Uh... this is not even close to a rivalry.

RollRed

Reaction score
It's 100% the type of defense we run as to why NE eats our lunch nearly everytime we play them... remember the last AFCCG we played in 2004? Tremendous talent on defense.... Polamalu, Farrior, Porter,Chris Hope, Hampton, Aaron Smith,Taylor.... and Brady torched them. In the regular season games in the years after that, we still had those guys in their prime...minus Porter and Hope ...but their replacements were Ryan Clark and James Harrison and Lamaar Woodley too (when he was good)... but when we played NE it was the last same result more times than not. How many of those years did Pittsburgh have the #1 ranked defense only to see them lit up against the Patriots. The blitzing with zone behind it worked great against most of the league, but it was never worth a **** against them. The only thing I've ever seen work against that offense is a defense that can get up the middle pressure with the front four without having to bring linebackers or DB's ... leaving them in coverage. Not only that, the coverage can't play off.... they must play tight man press coverage.... taking away the quick throws forcing him to hold the ball just a few moments longer and allowing the pressure the front four is creating to have an affect . It's not easy to do and thus the reason they win so many damn games and end up going to 11 conference championships and 7 lowB repuSs in 15 years. Knowing the other teams plays don't hurt either.

Last edited:

mdk2

Reaction score
It's 100% the type of defense we run as to why NE eats our lunch nearly everytime we play them... remember the last AFCCG we played in 2004? Tremendous talent on defense.... Polamalu, Farrior, Porter,Chris Hope, Hampton, Aaron Smith,Taylor.... and Brady torched them. The regular season games in the years after that... those guys minus Porter and Hope but their replacements were Ryan Clark and James Harrison.... Woodley too when he was good.... same result more times than not. How many of those years did Pittsburgh have the #1 ranked defense only to see them lit up against the Patriots. The blitzing with zone behind it worked great against most of the league, but it was never worth a **** against them. The only thing I've ever seen work against that offense is a defense that can get up the middle pressure with the front four without having to bring linebackers or DB's ... leaving them in coverage. Not only that, the coverage can't play off.... they must play tight man press coverage.... taking away the quick throws forcing him to hold the ball just a few moments longer and allowing the pressure the front four is creating to have an affect . It's not easy to do and thus the reason they win so many damn games and end up going to 11 conference championships and 7 Super Bowls in 15 years. Knowing the other teams plays don't hurt either.

The key is to get up on the Patriots, our "high power" offense fizzled mightily as the season went on but the defense picked up. Word of advice for Ben, focus on trying to average 17-20 PPG before you even think of anything near 30.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sad but true.

Pittsburgh can't hang with them in terms of game-planning and coaching.

Reaction score
Tomlin misses playoffs: Fire Tomlin for not making playoffs.

Tomlin makes playoffs: Fire Tomlin for losing playoff game.

Tomlin wins playoff game: Fire Tomlin for not winning multiple playoff games.

Tomlin wins multiple playoff games: Fire Tomlin for losing to a team with the league office and refs in their pocket.

**** you, nigga. And the horse you rode in on.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
end thread, correct answer.

He's going after 7 lombardis himself.
He's got Bellichek as long as he still plays. If they can make a Lacrosse player/Monmouth college football player appear unstoppable- I fear it going to happen.

We had our chance today- fell short, way short.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Tomlin ain't getting fired and Bell getting hurt had very little to do with this loss. It was 100% about the coaching. Poorly prepared, horrid execution terrible game plan. Bad tackling, guys running around all night wide open. No adjustments made to counter what they were doing. That's coaching.

If you flip flopped just the coaching staffs for these teams, who do you think would win? It would have been a blow out the other way.

We have WAY more talent than they do, but the difference is coaching.

Last edited:

chipped ham

Reaction score
Tomlin ain't getting fired and Bell getting hurt had very little to do with this loss. It was 100% about the coaching. Poorly prepared, horrid execution terrible game plan. Bad tackling, guys running around all night wide open. No adjustments made to counter what they were doing. That's coaching.

If you flip flopped just the coaching staffs for these teams, who do you think would win? It would have been a blow out the other way.

Where do we really have the edge in talent though? Running back is about the only spot. At wr, we were a one man show this year with AB. After that, their cast offs are better than our cast offs. At quarterback, as much as it pains me to say this, Ben is no brady*. Their oline had a couple pro bowlers/all-pros just like we did, so that's a push, probably give us the edge there. They had the superior tight end. Defensively, they were number one against the run and number one in ppg. Linebackers are probably a push, and they definitely have the better secondary than us. I've heard all week about how much more talented we were than them, but we really weren't, we're pretty damn equal in the talent department. Now, if we had Bryant and Heyward at our disposal, that would tip the scales.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
at this point, to be frank, I would welcome a Rex Ryan led D, if we would get back to punching teams in the mouth. The Ravens can go to Gillette and win. The Bills had some success. The Jets, too. It probably would never happen, but I'd kick those tires.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah sure this is a guy I want running this D..took a D ranked 4th in the league the year before he took over and improved so much they went to 19th allowing I think 3 200 + rushing games...yeah great idea

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
yeah sure this is a guy I want running this D..took a D ranked 4th in the league the year before he took over and improved so much they went to 19th allowing I think 3 200 + rushing games...yeah great idea

some guys are better coordinators than head coaches.

Stlrs4Life

Forefather
Reaction score
I agree Tomlin should go, but not Rex Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!

mdk2

Reaction score

I would love to see Brady on a different team. I think he is good but he's a product of that offensive system. Those WRs are wide open everywhere and he had 10 seconds to throw. If they decided to start Garopallo for one game, he would have beat us the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paperclip

Reaction score
Rex Ryan sucks, and I laugh when people get excited for cast-off losers. Belichick knows his defense in/out, too.

Patriots are a great team as long as the coach and QB are together.

ETA: no adjustments? That offense changes its scheme almost every series, so your adjustments don't mean squat. That's excellent coaching. They've played in 6 straight AFCCG..... it's not just Tomlin that falls short.