• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben in a walking boot?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Ben's interceptions were due to the ball bouncing off of AB's hands/shoulder and a brutal throw as he was being hit during a throw he shouldn't have made. He was fortunate that he got away with the one that James caught and held in the air off of the deflection. so I would call it a saw off with AB's mistake.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
One pick was a little high and AB let it pop up, I consider that a 50/50 fault.

The second was Ben getting a little too comfy lackadaisical with a decent lead.

I don't see that as being a problem moving forward as the rest of the teams are beatable, but more than likely won't be blown out.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
It is true. In general you do want a run/pass balance on offense. Every team strives for this. When the team gets on top, generally they run the ball to control the clock. The passing game gave us a big lead 14-0. And for once it wasn't the bombs away passing attack. It was the quick slant/ drag/ hitch/ screen/ short passing attack. We have 3 players in Brown, Eli, and Ayres that can get good YAC on these types of passes.

Once the Steelers had a big lead, they went to the run. And if they can't stop it, you stay in the run. All ****** day! It's what college teams do. At least the teams that win a lot. That 3rd drive that was all Bell, was a perfect example. The next time it was run heavy as well. You run-run-run until they can stop it. Miami couldn't. That is when balance doesn't matter, you go with what works. The rest of the game should have been strictly a run run run game the entire second half. Maybe call a screen or quick pass play, but you don't want your QB to take a hit.

I'm disappointed that they didn't go back to the quick passing attack that worked, when the lead was even bigger. It became the ol' chuck and duck offense of ben trying to get 15-25 yards each play. That is the moment, as a head coach, where you have to take out your starting QB to protect him against himself.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not bashing Ben just saying rhythm excuse for his picks yesterday is dumb especially when we came out passing

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Try again AJ,after Bell's TD run drive, it had been 30 min. since Ben threw a football. What we came out doing has no bearing on what we did later in the game. The fact that he started the game 10 for 10 for almost 150 yards passing shows what he can do when he is in rhythm. I am sure you will find any excuse you can to bash him though.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
95 qb rating this season, 65% completion and we are bitching about the qb after a big playoff win??????

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Play calling that led to a 10 play 80 yard drive. Yeah that play calling sucked

Yes that is exactly what I said...the play calling on the TD drive sucked. Try reading comprehension, it will take you much further.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It is true. In general you do want a run/pass balance on offense. Every team strives for this. When the team gets on top, generally they run the ball to control the clock. The passing game gave us a big lead 14-0. And for once it wasn't the bombs away passing attack. It was the quick slant/ drag/ hitch/ screen/ short passing attack. We have 3 players in Brown, Eli, and Ayres that can get good YAC on these types of passes.

Once the Steelers had a big lead, they went to the run. And if they can't stop it, you stay in the run. All ****** day! It's what college teams do. At least the teams that win a lot. That 3rd drive that was all Bell, was a perfect example. The next time it was run heavy as well. You run-run-run until they can stop it. Miami couldn't. That is when balance doesn't matter, you go with what works. The rest of the game should have been strictly a run run run game the entire second half. Maybe call a screen or quick pass play, but you don't want your QB to take a hit.

I'm disappointed that they didn't go back to the quick passing attack that worked, when the lead was even bigger. It became the ol' chuck and duck offense of ben trying to get 15-25 yards each play. That is the moment, as a head coach, where you have to take out your starting QB to protect him against himself.

Yep on that drive he simply shouldn't have been allowed in there.. Stupid decision.........

SteelerAl

Reaction score
One pick was a little high and AB let it pop up, I consider that a 50/50 fault.

The second was Ben getting a little too comfy lackadaisical with a decent lead.

I don't see that as being a problem moving forward as the rest of the teams are beatable, but more than likely won't be blown out.

I certainly don't see this one performance as any kind of problem. But if you can't see a pattern this season of Ben forcing the ball into coverage in the middle of the field, then I'm not sure which QB you've been watching.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How can a TD drive suck?

Read this S L O W L Y...

When the QB does not throw a football for 30 minutes on a cold and windy day, do not be surprised if he loses his rhythm or his throws are a little rusty. It's great that we scored a TD by pounding the rock, but the side effect is that Ben went 30 minutes without throwing a pass.

Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I certainly don't see this one performance as any kind of problem. But if you can't see a pattern this season of Ben forcing the ball into coverage in the middle of the field, then I'm not sure which QB you've been watching.

he sometimes does too much very true

and he needs to limit the mistakes turnovers

I am sure at times it is a fine line....

A pattern....hmmmm

I see a pattern of winning, I see a pattern of willing his team to victories.

So if a lesser pattern is with a INT here and there................?

it is what it is.

Spike

Reaction score
Easy now Spike. Just be glad Ben is ok and good to go for KC.

He's not "OK" - MRI shows he broke his ******* foot?

This ******* **** should never have happened, if he's not 100% we are in deep ****!

Roethlisberger on today's MRI: "It showed I aggravated an old foot fracture but nothing severe"

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Read this S L O W L Y...

When the QB does not throw a football for 30 minutes on a cold and windy day, do not be surprised if he loses his rhythm or his throws are a little rusty. It's great that we scored a TD by pounding the rock, but the side effect is that Ben went 30 minutes without throwing a pass.

Who gives a **** if we didn't throw a pass if we ran the ball down their throat for a TD. I don't give a **** if it was a hour if we were running and scoring TDs

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Read this S L O W L Y...

If a QB hasn't thrown the ball for 30 min, due to the fact that the other team can't stop the run, they shouldn't have thrown the ball at all after that.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Spike

Reaction score
perfect timing for Ben and his crippled foot

Chiefs say Justin Houston, Spencer Ware back this week

Two injured, key Chiefs players apparently will be ready to go for their AFC Divisional playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

“Everybody that was banged up is good to go now,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Monday. “Justin (Houston) and (Spencer) Ware, they’ll be ready to go.”

Houston, their most complete edge rusher, has missed the Chiefs’ last two games because of swelling in his surgically repaired right knee, while Ware, the club’s leading rusher, missed the club’s final regular-season game against San Diego because of a rib injury.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article125442394.html#storylink=cpy

SteelerAl

Reaction score
he sometimes does too much very true

and he needs to limit the mistakes turnovers

I am sure at times it is a fine line....

A pattern....hmmmm

I see a pattern of winning, I see a pattern of willing his team to victories.

So if a lesser pattern is with a INT here and there................?

it is what it is.

Agreed, I may be doing too much nitpicking. I'd take Ben over anyone to lead this team on a potential game-winning drive...

Reactions: GMC

mdk2

Reaction score

Two injured, key Chiefs players apparently will be ready to go for their AFC Divisional playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

“Everybody that was banged up is good to go now,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Monday. “Justin (Houston) and (Spencer) Ware, they’ll be ready to go.”

Houston, their most complete edge rusher, has missed the Chiefs’ last two games because of swelling in his surgically repaired right knee, while Ware, the club’s leading rusher, missed the club’s final regular-season game against San Diego because of a rib injury.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article125442394.html#storylink=cpy

Good, I want the best they got.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Career low fighting thru his injuries this year. If the O-line attacks the run, with their run D being mediocre, it should limit his opportunities...

besides we have a pass blocking capable O-line.

Ware, meh.... doesn't worry me.

Now their TE Kelce and Hill.

that's the ones for the D to focus in on.

D Ford as a pass rusher is solid.....

so this team can put some pressure.

But I look closely, the Steelers have no business losing this game....

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Funny I don't remember this rhythm excuse when we ran ran ran and Stewart threw a pick SMH.

Kordell's picks were more often than not the result of him being terrible. For the first few years I'm sure we tried to break each one down into its finer points because he was our QB, but towards the end I believe everyone gave up and simply accepted the reality.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Yes that is true but what I'm saying is we usually ran ran ran during those years. But I don't remember people using the well he wasn't in Rhythm excuse when he threw a pick . Just that he sucked.

I really don't care how we score whether we come out slinging it or running. Be ready when your number is called