• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben being ripped on Twitter

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They are all just like the lying liberals we see every day nowadays in Congress and throughout our country. Ben was investigated criminally in both instances and found innocent of any wrongdoing both times. No crime was committed. Some like to say the one case was settled out of court. That was a civil case where they were trying to extort money from him as he is a "celebrity". 99.9% of "celebrities" settle out of court to keep their names out of the press, not because they are guilty of anything. There is a huge difference between a criminal case and a civil case and anyone with a brain knows that. Liberals have forgotten it is innocent until proven guilty. To them, it is now guilty until proven innocent and even then, if you don't believe what they believe, you are still guilty.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I know some people who like him and know some people who hate him in my personal group.
In Pittsburgh some bars etc. don't like him for how he acted back then. Some people never forgive and forget. That says more about them than Ben IMO. **** I became best friends with a basic training guy I dispised. I never close the door to the majority. People go thru **** and who am I to judge. I didn't go down a perfect path despite certain outside influential circumstances.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like that you have " So Conservative that I'll vote after I die" Perfect as all the cases of voter fraud in the allegedly fraudulent last election were committed by Republicans...talk about stupid? You even advertise it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I digress as this is football.

The judges comment on your eloquence:

everyone-in-this-room-is-now-dumber-for-having-listened-to-it.gif

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
In Pittsburgh some bars etc. don't like him for how he acted back then. Some people never forgive and forget. That says more about them than Ben IMO. **** I became best friends with a basic training guy I dispised. I never close the door to the majority. People go thru **** and who am I to judge. I didn't go down a perfect path despite certain outside influential circumstances.
Well those people have interacted with him at a personal level. I carry the same resentment with Demi Moore. I met her when I was in high school and was just a total snob.

Yeah yeah celebs are people and have their bad days too, but be grateful for the fans who keep you relevant.

Now in Ben’s case, I personally don’t know him aside that he plays for the team I root for. That said the Steelers organization will move on without any player whether it’s retirement, free agency, trades etc.

None of us ever do have perfect paths. I can say if it wasn’t for Mrs. MTC I wouldn’t have gone to UGA and I for sure probably would’ve been in a gang, in jail or dead. Life is too short to worry about celebs etc that’s out of our control. I don’t necessarily have any emotional arguments in preference to this thread.

If you guys think Bob is bad as a troll. Twitter, and some other forums are a lot worse. Name calling etc doesn’t bother me. Such as Ben doesn’t care what twitter thinks either

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ray and his bloody shirt are laughing

Reactions: MTC

livingthrudying

Reaction score
I know some people who like him and know some people who hate him in my personal g

They are all just like the lying liberals we see every day nowadays in Congress and throughout our country. Ben was investigated criminally in both instances and found innocent of any wrongdoing both times. No crime was committed. Some like to say the one case was settled out of court. That was a civil case where they were trying to extort money from him as he is a "celebrity". 99.9% of "celebrities" settle out of court to keep their names out of the press, not because they are guilty of anything. There is a huge difference between a criminal case and a civil case and anyone with a brain knows that. Liberals have forgotten it is innocent until proven guilty. To them, it is now guilty until proven innocent and even then, if you don't believe what they believe, you are still guilty.
So let me ask you this honest question and try to answer honestly (and for gods sake leave the politics out). Back during the time this all happened. If you had a daughter would you have left her alone with Ben?

I know i wouldn't leave my daughter alone with the guy. Too many stories about the man back then being a complete douchebag. There are other stories from women about how ben used to act and his self entitlement. (Stormy Daniels for one, that story is just pathetic).

If you really want to get your Man love crush on Ben deflated go spend some time in his hometown and talk to people that knew him before he became a nation wide pro football celebrity (Yes i have done this) and me thinks your whole world will be crushed and smashed. The dude was a absolute **** human being for a long time. He may have woken up and changed but none of us know for sure. And while we can all grow up and change and become better people it doesn't excuse us from our past behaviour.

Great football player but over all a ****** human being is what Ben has been. Maybe he changed and good for him if he truly has.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
So let me ask you this honest question and try to answer honestly (and for gods sake leave the politics out). Back during the time this all happened. If you had a daughter would you have left her alone with Ben?

I know i wouldn't leave my daughter alone with the guy. Too many stories about the man back then being a complete douchebag. There are other stories from women about how ben used to act and his self entitlement. (Stormy Daniels for one, that story is just pathetic).

If you really want to get your Man love crush on Ben deflated go spend some time in his hometown and talk to people that knew him before he became a nation wide pro football celebrity (Yes i have done this) and me thinks your whole world will be crushed and smashed. The dude was a absolute **** human being for a long time. He may have woken up and changed but none of us know for sure. And while we can all grow up and change and become better people it doesn't excuse us from our past behaviour.

Great football player but over all a ****** human being is what Ben has been. Maybe he changed and good for him if he truly has.
No I probably wouldn’t with the tabloids.

I don’t worship Ben now. Never have, never will. I don’t look up to celebs. My dad and my gym owner are the only two men who have had a profound impact on my life to where I look up to someone. I don’t even wear jerseys as I don’t like the thought of having someone else’s last name on my back.

Like I said he’s just an entertainer in my eyes. Whatever legal stuff he has is his and his family’s issue. Not mine.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

If my daughter had "DTF" on her shorts or shirt and went into a bar on a college campus, who is stopping her from being alone with anyone, including someone like Ben? I'm not saying Ben was an angel, but angels don't wear clothes like that, either. Of course, he was an entitled douche and acted like it for a long time until the dam broke. Should we hold him over the fire forever for his past? Will he ever be forgiven? Judging from your comments, probably not. I guess some people just can't repent and be forgiven.
He's going to be out of football now and the next time we see or hear from him is at a Steeler ceremony or the HOF. People still will not let it go and nor believe he has changed, family and all. They have that right.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
If my daughter had "DTF" on their shorts or shirt and went into a bar on a college campus, who is stopping her from being alone with anyone, including someone like Ben. I'm not saying Ben was an angel, but angels don't wear clothes like that, either. Of course, he was an entitled douche and acted like it for a long time until the dam broke. Should we hold him over the fire forever for his past? Will he ever be forgiven? Judging from your comments, probably not. I guess some people just can't repent and be forgiven.
He's going to be out of football now and the next time we see or hear from him is at a Steeler ceremony or the HOF. People still will not let it go and nor believe he has changed, family and all. They have that right.
Yep. Like I said. That’s Ben and his family’s issue to deal with.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

It's all he said, she said. And, in at least one of Ben's cases, there were witnesses showing that the one girl lied. I don't know if he did anything wrong. None of us do. But, I do know of someone who had accusations thrown at him that were lies and it cost him a lot anyway. The police did their investigations and found no basis for any criminal complaint or charges against Ben. I believe in our justice system. It works 99.99% of the time.

There are also a lot of college guys that may be a little aggressive with the ladies but it certainly doesn't mean they raped them. Ben learned from what happened and became a devout Christian, husband, and father. Whatever truly happened back then is between Ben, the two girls, and God. I wasn't put on earth to judge. I don't know what happened and neither do you. Ben was found completely innocent of any criminal charges. That is just fine with me. I also see the person he is today and has been for almost the past decade and a half. I'm good with all of it.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
LOL, Sarah Spain native of Cleveland, Ohio. Her and Joe Thomas, as they say, we stay “rent free” in their heads.

livingthrudying

Reaction score
If my daughter had "DTF" on her shorts or shirt and went into a bar on a college campus, who is stopping her from being alone with anyone, including someone like Ben? I'm not saying Ben was an angel, but angels don't wear clothes like that, either. Of course, he was an entitled douche and acted like it for a long time until the dam broke. Should we hold him over the fire forever for his past? Will he ever be forgiven? Judging from your comments, probably not. I guess some people just can't repent and be forgiven.
Forgive and forget are two completely different things. All i know is that if there is smoke their is usually fire. Two accusations and a ton of stories of the guy being a ****** human?

I wasn't there so i don't know exactly what happened. You know who was there? Ben was, Ben was there multiple times in multiple situations. Most people (even rich celebrities) make it through life without ever being accused of sexual assault even once let alone twice. But let's go with best case scenario. Ben is a saint and all the stories are false and just attention grabs or whatever. Then the man was still guilty of being a moron and incapable of learning how to not continuously put himself in bad positions for bad things to happen. Again most people make it thru life without ever having any thing like this happen to them even once.

Nobody but the girls and Ben really know what happened. What we do know that back then Ben had severe Narcissistic tendencies, was a douchebag, had a VERY STRONG reputation for being a ****** person with no morals for quite a while already and generally thought he was better than everyone else. His fame and his money allowed this to never become a real issue for him. Its allowed him to get a free pass on all of his behaviour issues. Again you and I would be in jail for even some of the simplest ****** thing this man has done.

The real problem in this world is celebrities and rich and powerful people never have to answer for their screw ups like the rest of the world does.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Forgive and forget are two completely different things. All i know is that if there is smoke their is usually fire. Two accusations and a ton of stories of the guy being a ****** human?

I wasn't there so i don't know exactly what happened. You know who was there? Ben was, Ben was there multiple times in multiple situations. Most people (even rich celebrities) make it through life without ever being accused of sexual assault even once let alone twice. But let's go with best case scenario. Ben is a saint and all the stories are false and just attention grabs or whatever. Then the man was still guilty of being a moron and incapable of learning how to not continuously put himself in bad positions for bad things to happen. Again most people make it thru life without ever having any thing like this happen to them even once.

Nobody but the girls and Ben really know what happened. What we do know that back then Ben had severe Narcissistic tendencies, was a douchebag, had a VERY STRONG reputation for being a ****** person with no morals for quite a while already and generally thought he was better than everyone else. His fame and his money allowed this to never become a real issue for him. Its allowed him to get a free pass on all of his behaviour issues. Again you and I would be in jail for even some of the simplest ****** thing this man has done.

The real problem in this world is celebrities and rich and powerful people never have to answer for their screw ups like the rest of the world does.
The general public is to blame for putting celebrities on a pedestal. These people go through life having stuff handed to them and people kissing their ***.

I do feel we are starting to wake up to it now, but there is still a ways to go.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

it's also a life that we can't comprehend. Most men want to be next to or be them and most women want to get with them. Having that much money and fame has to change certain people and not for the good. I'm fine with my normal life.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
The general public is to blame for putting celebrities on a pedestal. These people go through life having stuff handed to them and people kissing their ***.

I do feel we are starting to wake up to it now, but there is still a ways to go.

Yep. Charles Barkley was right when he said I am not a role model on that commercial years ago wasn’t he?! 🤔

bkwheat28

Reaction score
I just want to say I appreciated the joy he brought as a football player of my favorite team. He was clutch, he was tough, and he took us to a consistent level we hadn’t been to in years. For that I am grateful. What he did before he got to stadium and after he left it is up to the big guy upstairs to judge.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. Charles Barkley was right when he said I am not a role model on that commercial years ago wasn’t he?! 🤔
He sure was. But kids are conditioned to from a young age to think fame gives them a pass.

Go back to high school where popularity is the norm then say these kids go onto college as a D1 athlete and again they are coddled and given everything then they go out to the real world where people don’t care if you can throw or catch for a living and they have a hard time grasping “no means no”.

There are a lot of issues that start early but I think priorities are being set with this younger generation which is why we see the detachment with fans now.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to say I appreciated the joy he brought as a football player of my favorite team. He was clutch, he was tough, and he took us to a consistent level we hadn’t been to in years. For that I am grateful. What he did before he got to stadium and after he left it is up to the big guy upstairs to judge.
And same.
I’m not going to tell anyone here how to be a fan. If the Steelers give you guys hope for 3+ hours a week so be it.

I just don’t like knowing some of you guys having high blood pressure and heart palpitations lol. My pops included. You wankers stay safe and here’s to a healthy offseason.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t worship Ben now. Never have, never will. I don’t look up to celebs. My dad and my gym owner are the only two men who have had a profound impact on my life to where I look up to someone. I don’t even wear jerseys as I don’t like the thought of having someone else’s last name on my back.

Nice. One of my rules in life: Never care about somebody who could not pick you out of a line-up and does not know and probably does not care if you died tonight.

I watch sports for entertainment. If these leagues - with guys bouncing balls or throwing balls or hitting balls for a living - want to tell me how to live my life, they can **** off. If I don't get pleasure from watching the sport, I change the channel.

Why the hell should I force myself to watch a bad movie that makes me mad in the process?

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
In a nutshell, they are saying Sexual Assaulter should be added to what was commented by other players. Sarah Spain in particular.

Guess the fact that the DA found no evidence is meaningless.
Twitter being a cesspool of the internet?

Shocking.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. One of my rules in life: Never care about somebody who could not pick you out of a line-up and does not know and probably does not care if you died tonight.

I watch sports for entertainment. If these leagues - with guys bouncing balls or throwing balls or hitting balls for a living - want to tell me how to live my life, they can **** off. If I don't get pleasure from watching the sport, I change the channel.

Why the hell should I force myself to watch a bad movie that makes me mad in the process?
Right!

I agree