• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If you think all that he does is easily replaced no problem. He is the best in the league at recognizing where the blitz is coming from and picking it up. He is the best out of the backfield or right behind Johnson. How often do you see him get tackled for a loss? Lets not fool ourselves and say we wont be taking a step back without him. It may take three people to replace him.
Im not saying he is so replaceable. Im saying the position as a whole is usually replaceable and that dictates the market. Supply and demand. He is a great player, he was offered great player money. He declined. But the truth is that his shelf life is probably 2/3 over.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
You can't be serious...

34820e02812cd4e0bdc95c778f72efad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

So what is he ? 2 times better? 3 ?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
You can't be serious...

34820e02812cd4e0bdc95c778f72efad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Taking a quick peek at Freeman's stats...1000 plus yards the last 2 seasons...50 plus catches last season...70 plus the season before. 11 rushing tds in each...splitting carries and time with others....I think his stats speak volumes where the market is set.....I even more now am glad Bell didn't sign the deal. Add all the baggage Bell brings along one could say the Steelers offered way to much. The stickler here for the Steelers was the franchise tag. Peterson's deal blew it up. Bell just got a bit to greedy is all. More power to him.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
You're right, we haven't reached a SB with Brown going all crazy all over the field. But you know what? We haven't exactly struggled as an offense in the games that Bell has missed either. We also have another piece of the puzzle back in Bryant. And Ben, Brown, Bryant, and Bell have exactly 21 plays together. We've suffered more as an offense from the lack of Bryant or a true #2 WR than we have from the lack of Bell. If we lose Bell, we draft another RB (unless Conner is as good as they hope he is) and we don't really miss all that much...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to insaniti again.
I'm trying to figure out what the hell Bell has done to warrant the kid gloves. He doesn't need to show up to camp and risk injury, but every other player on the roster does? I had no problems with him turning down the offer; he lost me at 1601 on 17 July when he refused to sign the only option he had and join his teammates.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Taking a quick peek at Freeman's stats...1000 plus yards the last 2 seasons...50 plus catches last season...70 plus the season before. 11 rushing tds in each...splitting carries and time with others....I think his stats speak volumes where the market is set.....I even more now am glad Bell didn't sign the deal. Add all the baggage Bell brings along one could say the Steelers offered way to much. The stickler here for the Steelers was the franchise tag. Peterson's deal blew it up. Bell just got a bit to greedy is all. More power to him.

Is it just stats though? Can he pick up blitzes like Bell. Is that why he shares time? Can he line up at WR and run legit WR routes like Bell. And that is coming from his coaches and peers. Do we know how much advantage from Bell lining up at WR we gain as an offense? It must be worth doing cause they do it alot. I myself get mad sometimes that they dont leave him at RB and run the ball.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to insaniti again.
I'm trying to figure out what the hell Bell has done to warrant the kid gloves. He doesn't need to show up to camp and risk injury, but every other player on the roster does? I had no problems with him turning down the offer; he lost me at 1601 on 17 July when he refused to sign the only option he had and join his teammates.

Probably be as good as he is..you tend to get handled differently when you are good. Bryant Ben Brown can all attest to that also

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I say yes and is not close. Only person close to him is Elliott.

I think Bell would NOT be as good on other teams. He has a top OL blocking for him, with Ben who has an amazing set of receivers.

Put Williams stats next to Bell. They are comparable, and Williams was a cheap free agent.

I'm not saying Bell is a top back, I'm just saying he's not worth what he's asking for and won't do as well on other teams.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I think Bell would NOT be as good on other teams. He has a top OL blocking for him, with Ben who has an amazing set of receivers.

Put Williams stats next to Bell. They are comparable, and Williams was a cheap free agent.

I'm not saying Bell is a top back, I'm just saying he's not worth what he's asking for and won't do as well on other teams.

I disagree his patient style is what makes him very good. I dont remember him running thru gaping holes on the regular. And yes Deangelo Williams put up good running stats but he didnt bring the other things Bell does.. also lets not forget Williams was no slouch and was a first round draft pick himself.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind if we traded him next year for a high round one pick. Let him make $15MIL on some other team and see what its like.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just stats though? Can he pick up blitzes like Bell. Is that why he shares time? Can he line up at WR and run legit WR routes like Bell. And that is coming from his coaches and peers. Do we know how much advantage from Bell lining up at WR we gain as an offense? It must be worth doing cause they do it alot. I myself get mad sometimes that they dont leave him at RB and run the ball.

Sure...that makes him worth more but at the rate of over 1.5 times more? That's the question. They were all possible negatives of Freeman. What we do know of Bell is he has been injury prone and has bee suspended multiple times. All negatives again. So do we just take Bell's positive into a count? What about his negatives? Then we relook at the equation. . Is Bell worth over 1.5 times more than the next guy after looking at all the factors. ....my opinion the Steelers offer was way to high.

Last edited:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I really dont think they will be getting any high first round picks so lets just put that fantasy to rest right now. No one is giving up a high first round for a 5 year tread wear back that wants more than 1.5 times market value. They will pay one or the other. Overpay on open market or overcompensate if he had a good contract. Not both.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I really dont think they will be getting any high first round picks so lets just put that fantasy to rest right now. No one is giving up a high first round for a 5 year tread wear back that wants more than 1.5 times market value. They will pay one or the other. Overpay on open market or overcompensate if he had a good contract. Not both.
Dreamstealer..

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Dreamstealer..
Dont worry Charles. I was a delusional Kordell believer. Even when he flopped I was convinced they would get a second for him. All you have to do is say to yourself what would I give up. And the answer isnt a blue chip first rounder that only costs 3 or 4 million a year for the first 4 and another 10 million cap room.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a few factual observations to this article:

I've seen Bell take direct snaps, and handoffs from Jones and Vick (so Ben doesn't touch the ball every play).

Our offense suffered terribly in the AFCC game last year without him.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I ll push all in now. Id bet on tge NFL dropping weed in the next two seasons and take some of Bells money and push it to Bryant. You know he will take virtually any deal. 5 year contract 10 million guarenteed. He relapses cut, you are out two per year. And thats if thry dont just drop the weed issue. Brown on one side and Bryant on the other, any good back will do.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Just a few factual observations to this article:

I've seen Bell take direct snaps, and handoffs from Jones and Vick (so Ben doesn't touch the ball every play).

Our offense suffered terribly in the AFCC game last year without him.
True but I think Bryant would have had more of an impact.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...nds-cryptic-tweet-about-possible-report-date/

looks like the stupid idiot might be back a week before the season

in seriousness I will hope he is a Steeler for life and love the team and love watching him play

but buy his jersey?

nope I'll buy another players **** that is more team oriented

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...nds-cryptic-tweet-about-possible-report-date/

in seriousness I will hope he is a Steeler for life and love the team and love watching him play

but buy his jersey?

If this is so we should sit him a couple of weeks ease him back into the game....we don't want to rush him back to fast....split carries for at least half the season...if by then Conner shows us he is capable...continue on saving Bell by sharing the load until the playoffs....We need his legs fresh.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Bell thinks he's a once in a generation type player (he may be right). He sees himself as a RB/WR hybrid unlike any other (he may be right). He can point to his unique, unorthodox running style and say: "who else does that? I'm a different animal, they can't stop me!" (he may be right).

Then add in a rap star, Money Mayweather-type lust for cash and fame, and you have a poisonous brew.

On top of all this, he's with us, the Steelers, a team known for hard work, being humble, putting team first, having a singular focus on championships /Tomlin.

In Pittsburgh, we only deal with prima donna WR's, that's what we're known for, that's what we're comfortable with. This is a unique situation indeed.

To stay in the 'Burgh, LeVeon is gonna have to get off his high horse and somehow embrace the type of approach to the game that makes this city and this team tick. Otherwise, he'll be off to the Jets, or the Chargers, or the 49ers, what have you.

Damn shame it's been allowed to get to this point. Bell is one of my favorite Steelers, I love watching him play. He's beyond awesome as a hybrid running back with great vision and all the tools you can wish for. He could be one of the greats, with his own, unique running style, someone who'll be revered for a long, long time. But he's gotta grow up a little, get his head out of the clouds and ponder where he'd like to spend the prime of his career. And what type of legacy he wants to leave behind.

I still hope this works out and he'll remain a Steeler and a core part of our team for years to come.

Last edited:

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Let his *** walk and do what it takes to draft Sequon Barkley. The kid is Bell 2.0 without the worries of drugs and ego.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

but buy his jersey?

Yeah he will be in game shape. He will pull a hamstring or quad halfway through the first quarter then sit for 4 weeks collecting giant paychecks. Yeah real team player who cares about winning super bowls. He can take his giant ego and stick it. Great talent ****** mindset. That's my observation anyway.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I don't get the pedestal people place bell on around here. He may very well be the best back in the league, but Freeman is certainly close. Freeman has 22 TDs the last 2 years in 31 games. Bell has 10 if i recall in 22 games. I know tds are not the most important stat, but all other numbers including receptions are close. There is no way bell is worth more than 1.5x the money. You can look at blitz pickups and stuff which i think bell is better at. Freeman missed a huge one in the SB, but Freeman is also faster and brings less baggage.
As for bells patience without a upper oline no matter how long he waits, the hole / crack will not be there and there is a higher chance of a negative play.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I don't get the pedestal people place bell on around here. He may very well be the best back in the league, but Freeman is certainly close.

You just contradicted yourself in your first two sentences lol. If he's the best back in the league then surely you understand why he's on a pedestal.