• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
**** Leveon Bell. Im sick of this ****. I got no problem with a guy wanting a mega payday. He was offered a mega payday. He is being paid mega now. Do you want to win or not? Cause this team has the pieces. You were offered lifelong security to be monster rich. I didnt even mind the training camp holdout. Fine Ok. But if he isnt reporting till September go **** yourself and your LB26 gear. Id laugh my *** off if Conner was good enough. Franchise Bell and trade his *** for value and then pick up QB of the future.

you know if will not work out like that. We trade him, he come back to beat in the PO or SB. Only the Pats can trade a player and get triple return back for him and still prosper. All our backs on the roster combined can't do what LBell does. He truly is their workhorse.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Man give that guy whatever he wants. 25 million a season. He's the iron man of football. Has he even missed a game yet? I'd let him ride out after this season.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Pull the offer off the table immediately. He has to report at some point this year contractually. Franchise him next year. Run him as much as humanly possible both years. After that, see ya later.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Le'Veon Bell nixed five-year deal

Per Bouchette, Bell's agent had a five-year deal in place that would have netted the All-Pro running back more than $12 million annually including $30 million over the first two season.

The contract was agreed to the afternoon of the July 17 deadline for franchise players but Bell had a last-minute change of heart and decided to nix the deal. Bell, who has held out from Steelers training camp this summer, wants to reset the running back market, reportedly seeking up to $15 million annually. Despite the deal falling through, Bell is expected to join the Steelers ahead of Week 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Not so fast.....

Adam Schefter
โœ”
@AdamSchefter

Le'Veon Bell's agent Adisa Bakari said he and client never had any agreement with Steelers. "All stories to contrary are false," he said.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait until the stupid idiot gets to camp, I miss the not rapping worth a **** ******!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Everybody here is quick to condemn. FIRST lets state some facts
1.) he is the best running back in the NFL. he can't be replaced straight across with one single player.
2.) He has served suspensions for failed drug test(s)
3.) He is injury prone, weather his fault or not there is a body of work to be labeled injury prone.
4.) Has shown signs of greed both in teammanship and financially.
5.) He is a "rap" star

LeVeon's ability is hardly arguable but what is arguable is the tangents around it. What is talent worth if there is a possibility of missing games due to drug test failure? If not on the field then your talent is invisible. Doesn't matter how good you are you won't be gaining any first downs while suspended. Pretty much can be said about injury prone. You can argue all you want about "IT" not being his fault or just dumb bad luck or wrong place at the wrong time. All that doesn't matter as said if you are not on the field of play you can not gain any first downs, GEED is a many meaning word as in greedy with money / time / team player etc/etc.. Weather true or not it sounds as though the steelers offered more money than the franchise tender he has yet to sign. In fact it's said they offered more than $12mil season for 3 years. That is 4million a season more than the next highest paid RB yet still not enough, GREED. LeVeon's hold out is another GREED thing as he is not there. Some say why risk the injury or let's keep him fresh..... those arguments hold no water. Bell would be held back in camp and kept fresh but still acquire the football shape needed for a FULL season, something that has eluded our BEST RUNNING BACK in the NFL his entire career. To make this a simple answer, QUICKSAND. I think you have a YOUNG talented player who listened and got caught up in his own persona, then got trapped by a wrong decision and is still trying to not look bad yet sinking further as time goes by. The thing that could fix his dilemma the fastest would be simply to show up at camp and start being the best RB in the nfl. Until that happens he will continue to sink.

Salute the nation

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
What an ******* this guy is. Cut ties with him he has now officially become a distraction.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
He will report. We will ride him like a mule and get everything we can. He will produce because he wants paid. He will leave and sign a ridiculous contract for a **** team.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
All this **** really isnt necessary. Smh.

This is the business part of the NFL. You want to state that Bell has every right to turn down a ridiculous offer that pays him MORE than the franchise tag would this year, and you're right. It's his right to make a dumb decision like that. And the Steelers have every right to leak whatever information they want. It's called leverage, negotiating tactics, and.... get this, business.

Bell isn't doing himself any favors right now. His agent can deny the reports all he wants, but Bell is still a no show for camp, still hasn't signed his tender, and right now is looking like the bad guy. He is losing leverage by the day, he better hope he BLOWS UP! and stays healthy all year or next year, the contract offer won't be 12+ million annually...

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
No need to come to camp now. That train has left the station. I'm pretty much over it. It is what it is.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the business part of the NFL. You want to state that Bell has every right to turn down a ridiculous offer that pays him MORE than the franchise tag would this year, and you're right. It's his right to make a dumb decision like that. And the Steelers have every right to leak whatever information they want. It's called leverage, negotiating tactics, and.... get this, business.

Bell isn't doing himself any favors right now. His agent can deny the reports all he wants, but Bell is still a no show for camp, still hasn't signed his tender, and right now is looking like the bad guy. He is losing leverage by the day, he better hope he BLOWS UP! and stays healthy all year or next year, the contract offer won't be 12+ million annually...

Spot on post...Bell is treating this as a business and so should the Steelers. Franchise tag him again next season also and then move on. The Steelers make out.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I know everyone is geeked up by his one player fits all status but that's part of the problem. Hes on the field too much in too physical of a position. I guess they could have given him ABs money but no thanks.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Until they leak what his signing bonus was there is no way to say his decision was stupid. 26.5 was the magic number. Did they approach that guaranteed number? If you are going to leak numbers leak it all. How is he wrong for turning anything that didnt guarantee that?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
His agent was trying to push a deal, because his agent wants to get paid too...

That said, Bell needs to show up, sign up, and hope like hell he doesn't get hurt.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I do find it priceless that his rap lyrics talking about how he won't accept less than 15 mil a year are making him look even more like the unreasonable party in the equation. ESPN picked up on it and made sort of a snide comment about that line in their article. Good, more leverage for the team. I hope they really put the pressure on in their public comments.

Any ill will from it won't hurt anything since he already has zero loyalty to the team.

Last edited:

SCSteeler4life

Contributor
Reaction score
For 15 million a year we can get 2 top tier RB's. I love Bell the player, but asking for that kind of cash is stupid. Top guy in league now makes 8.5 /year.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
**** Leveon Bell. Im sick of this ****. I got no problem with a guy wanting a mega payday. He was offered a mega payday. He is being paid mega now. Do you want to win or not? Cause this team has the pieces. You were offered lifelong security to be monster rich. I didnt even mind the training camp holdout. Fine Ok. But if he isnt reporting till September go **** yourself and your LB26 gear. Id laugh my *** off if Conner was good enough. Franchise Bell and trade his *** for value and then pick up QB of the future.

oh for **** sake, get over yourself

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I do find it priceless that his rap lyrics talking about how he won't accept less than 15 mil a year are making him look even more like the unreasonable party in the equation. ESPN picked up on it and made sort of a snide comment about that line in their article. Good, more leverage for the team. I hope they really put the pressure on in their public comments.

Any ill will from it won't hurt anything since he already has zero loyalty to the team.

Guess he's going have to settle for 12 million this year and not 15. He could stay home and get paid zero.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
He needs to understand the more money he gets, the less his teammates get.. like offensive linemen that block for him.

I get he is talented, He would be the highest paid RB by 4 million per year. how is this not a fair offer???????

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Until they leak what his signing bonus was there is no way to say his decision was stupid. 26.5 was the magic number. Did they approach that guaranteed number? If you are going to leak numbers leak it all. How is he wrong for turning anything that didnt guarantee that?

They leaked part of the guaranteed money, $30mil the first two years, which again tops the two years at franchise tag numbers. Lets look at it like this...

David DeCastro signed a 5 year, $50 mil contract with $16 mil signing bonus. We'll only look at the first two years of the deal. They were $2 mil base salary in the first year, $1.1 mil base salary the second with $6.7 mil guaranteed, with a roster bonus of $6.7 mil. Roughly $16 mil the first two years of the deal. His cap hits those first two years were, $5.2 mil and $11 mil. However, if we had decided to cut him after his first year, he would have cost us $19 mil the first, then $9, then $6, then $3 the following years.

They already leaked that Bell would receive $30 mil in the first two years, those are basically guarateed years as it would cost WAY too much money to cut him until his 3rd or 4th year of the contract at the earliest. He is not going to get anything close to $26.5 in actual guaranteed money or signing bonus. Brown got $19, and Ben got $34... That's just how contracts work. Even if he somehow gets RB and WR money (because that has worked out so well for other players that tried that), he's still not going to approach $26 mil as a signing bonus/guarantees. He's stuck on the $15 mil a year average, and he doesn't have the leverage for that. The suspension and injuries have put the ball squarely in the Steelers court.

Brown was putting up stupid numbers as a WR for years, and he's just under $14 mil a year average. He's consistent, Bell has yet to have that type of consistency. Some of it is not his fault (the two hits against cinci), but some of it is, the suspension. He's missed 17 regular season games his first four years in the league with only 1 game being because we didn't play our starters, so an entire season worth. Brown has missed 11 in his 7 years, 7 his rookie year where he wasn't active, 3 his 3rd year due to injury, and 1 last year when we didn't play our starters .

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
obviously obviously
here's my rap
here it be
entitled VS greedy
D subject matter
feed me
in the year of the
no more bumble beeeeeee