• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell gets franchise tagged

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Tuitt and Villa will get new contracts and that will eat some of the cap. Hopefully Shazier gets one too and that will lower the cap some

Shazier will have his 5th year option picked up, moving the need for a new contract out another year.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Good move, love Bell but between suspensions and injuries need to see him play all year.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers just put the Franchise tag on Bell, now the FO has about 4 months to work out a long term deal. He ain't going anywhere this coming season

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/02/steelers-place-franchise-tag-rb-leveon-bell/

Tagged was the way to go. Let's just hope he isn't booked.

Okay I thought that was funny :)

Spike

Reaction score
We can still trade him, Exclusive rights just means HE can't negotiate with another team.

Would you take two first-round picks for Bell if somebody offered?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
We can still trade him, Exclusive rights just means HE can't negotiate with another team.

Would you take two first-round picks for Bell if somebody offered?

depends on who offered

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
depends on who offered

I get what you are saying about the who...I.E. As to their placement in draft order, but I'd think I still need a above average starter player (maybe a tight end) to go along with the two 1st round draft picks. CALL me greedy but the BEST back in the FOOTBAll is worth that.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They will be so much better at it next year.

And they will lose. The only way it works is mixing it with press coverage and GET TO THE QUARTERBACK! Early,often and always. I'd prefer they be ***** slapping guys at the line and acting like a shadow. That's what guys should be doing in the offseason...work work work

You need top notch linebackers to make it all go if they're going to stick with the 3-4 zone with blitzing mixed in. They haven't had that in years. Plus the rules of engagement means you can't destroy guys over the middle anymore anyway. Which brings me back to pressing and ******* up the timing of the qb while someone sacks his ***

Last edited: