• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell gets franchise tagged

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers just put the Franchise tag on Bell, now the FO has about 4 months to work out a long term deal. He ain't going anywhere this coming season

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/02/steelers-place-franchise-tag-rb-leveon-bell/

muncher

Banned
Reaction score
pay him accordingly to his frequent drug suspensions and injuries, which should be way below the franchise number

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell deserves his 13 million. Period.

I have to say so.

The Steelers were a different team with him healthy and on the field.

I would like to see him end the season healthy, but it is what it is.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I agree with the tag. Steelers save a few bucks under the cap and get to see if Bell can make it through a full season without going on IR and/or suspended for smoking weed again.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Great news, cant wait for the season to start

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
They used the exclusive tag, due to AP's contract in Minnesota. Non-exclusive tag would have been top 5 rb salaries from last year, including Peterson's bloated pay. Exclusive tag uses next year's top 5. AP is expected to have deal redone or cut out right, thus making it a rare occasion where it is cheaper to use the exclusive.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12001231-74/bell-steelers-tag

deljzc

Reaction score
I think the tag was more obviously a correct choice than the long-term Brown deal. But I don't disagree with either.

Like we've talked about. It's a 3-year window now with Roethlisberger. All hands on deck. No dollar left unspent. Hopefully they can put together one good playoff run and get some good luck when needed to win it all.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Also let us see what free agency brings.

Locking up their own is nothing new, but if there is a sense of urgency. Perhaps we will see a few D upgrades in free agency.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Also let us see what free agency brings.

Locking up their own is nothing new, but if there is a sense of urgency. Perhaps we will see a few D upgrades in free agency.

A few? I think that is a pipe dream. Would love to see ONE big-time splash signing in FA this year.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Tuitt and Villa will get new contracts and that will eat some of the cap. Hopefully Shazier gets one too and that will lower the cap some

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think the tag was more obviously a correct choice than the long-term Brown deal. But I don't disagree with either.

Like we've talked about. It's a 3-year window now with Roethlisberger. All hands on deck. No dollar left unspent. Hopefully they can put together one good playoff run and get some good luck when needed to win it all.

Yep. They don't want to stray too far from what has allowed them to be successful, but they also should make some shrewd moves to help get over the top.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
If Bryant comes back in the right frame of mind. The offense has a chance to do great things. Bryant will have an extra year of shelf life too. The defense should be the primary focus now. I hope that **** soft zone scheme was burned in the trash can.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A few? I think that is a pipe dream. Would love to see ONE big-time splash signing in FA this year.

Someone to help with pass rush or DB play!!!!

Salute the nation