• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are you watching Hard Knocks?

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I watched for Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q.

Im glad Cowher broke Fisher's leg.

If the Steelers ever do this show, i will put all my bng in a closet and take the year off.

I watched the Texans HK and concluded that Lord Belichick's coaching tree is the fraud i always knew it was. Cant win anywhere without cheating.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He was the only head coach to beat the 1999 Jags and did so THREE times. His Titans used to knock our teeth in. And why do some of you claim he put his crappy teams together? He wasn't ever the GM that I recall.

Straw man. He has a part of assembling those **** teams as same as our coach has a hand in assembling our current team. R-E-A-C-H to 1999. GREAT coach for a year or five. Recent coaching NOT so good. WOWza, we beat the Ravens three times in one year so is Tomlim getting a FREE pass for the next twenty????

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Under the Rooney rule I think the free pass for Tomlin extends to 25 years DIC

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to watch it. Just imagine if the Steelers had hard knocks! I'd love to see how Tomlin and Colbert collaborate and make decisions.

So you can attack each one?

;)

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
So you can attack each one?

;)

I'd give credit where credit is do!. When the camera zooms in on Tomlin, for some reason he's never talking into his head set.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I would watch it if I had HBO.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

deljzc

Reaction score
I like the show but I just don't watch almost any TV now at all.

If I get the remote away from my wife it's for the following:

1. I tape Steelers games and watch them an hour after kickoff. This is kind of written in stone in our house. 1PM games, I want to be around at 2PM. 4PM games, don't expect me to sit at the dinner table that night or hand off the remote for kids shows before bed. 8PM night games, I get the whole room to myself at about 9PM and my wife goes to bed.

2. I watch Premier League Soccer now. I'm into it after watching last season when I gave up on the Steelers/Vick. I love that it's 2 hours and that's it. No commercials. Games are on at either 7:30AM or 10:00AM most Saturdays. I'm done before noon and still drinking my coffee. Go West Ham.

3. If I can't sleep at night, I'll watch an old movie or something. I still like just flipping through the movie stations and finding something random. I guess I could do that through Amazon Prime or Netflix but it's not the same as just coming across something just starting and watching (must be a guy thing).

4. There are about 4-5 series a year I don't miss or watch with my wife. Game of Thrones is must watch TV for me over everything. Stranger Things was a great 8-episode distraction during the summer. I might try another or two to appease my wife. I really liked "The Knick" on Cinemax. That was good TV (and Bono's daughter gets naked and is pretty ******* hot which makes me feel very old). I liked the show "Alone" on Nat Geo (or Discovery or something like that) where they dump people on Vancouver Island and see who can last the longest for $500,000.

That's it. I watch some of the Olympics. I watch some ESPN in the morning when I'm eating breakfast.

But I would say I'm down to 4-5 hours of TV a week right now which is pretty amazing considering how much I watched when I was single and before the internet. Just a different era. I can not remember when I watched anything on ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX except maybe news or the President talking or something "special".

P

POP

He's been rebuilding his entire tenure with the Rams. Six winning seasons in 20 full seasons as a head coach is bad. Maybe he's a good coach, but his teams are usually below average and I'm stunned this guy is still employed as a head coach in the NFL.

I agree his total record is poor. And that is certainly part of evaluating a coach. But I do not believe he was in charge of personnel and drafting. If he was, correct me if I am wrong. A coach can only do so much with poor talent. Other than when he had McNair (and he won with him), name a team he coached that had a decent QB. A lot of you forgot how his teams used to knock our teeth out.

P

POP

Straw man. He has a part of assembling those **** teams as same as our coach has a hand in assembling our current team. R-E-A-C-H to 1999. GREAT coach for a year or five. Recent coaching NOT so good. WOWza, we beat the Ravens three times in one year so is Tomlim getting a FREE pass for the next twenty????

I think you need to look up the definition of a "straw man argument."

Also, when we beat the Ravens three times, were they undefeated in every other game they played that year? The Jags were in 1999 but Fisher's Titans swept them. And they nearly beat the high flying Rams in the Super Bowl, in a season where almost no one could contain them.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you need to look up the definition of a "straw man argument."

Also, when we beat the Ravens three times, were they undefeated in every other game they played that year? The Jags were in 1999 but Fisher's Titans swept them. And they nearly beat the high flying Rams in the lowB repuS, in a season where almost no one could contain them.

Tooth pick man.................KEEP picking and eventually you'll get it.

With this arguement, TOMLINS got a JOB for L-I-F-E. !!!!!!! 2 super bowl wins. How come I never read you saying that? Praise TOMLIN

Salute the nation

Last edited:
C

Clete

Tooth pick man.................KEEP picking and eventually you'll get it.

With this arguement, TOMLINS got a JOB for L-I-F-E. !!!!!!! 2 lowB repuS wins. How come I never read you saying that? Praise TOMLIN

Salute the nation

I must have missed a lowB repuS win by Tomlin, he only has one not two.

Of course one playoff win in the last 6 years and that win was gainst a backup QB and a gift fumble is why Tomlin is not well respected by many.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I must have missed a lowB repuS win by Tomlin, he only has one not two.

Of course one playoff win in the last 6 years and that win was gainst a backup QB and a gift fumble is why Tomlin is not well respected by many.

Oooooppppsss. Wishful thinking on my part, but good wishfull thinking. OR maybe I was including this year? If POPs can go way back in time then I figure I can go into the future.....................

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Goff did not know that the sun rose in the east and set in the west.

It's sad that Goff, a guy who spent three years at Cal-Berkeley, didn't know where the sun rises. Of course, Pharoh Cooper, formerly a student at the University of South Carolina, responded that the sun rose "in the air." And when prompted to use one of the four directions, he said west. Smart fellow.

And tank-top guy should work on his definition a little more, or stick with T-shirts.

deljzc

Reaction score
I don't know why it's surprising.

There are so many cases of kids with athletic prowess that are basically told, taught and programmed to think athletics is more important than school or education or science or math. And they are coddled and given every opportunity to get by without learning.

It's literally the American way.

We make damn good athletes in this country because of it however. And we'll never come in 2nd at the Olympics again....