• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are you watching Hard Knocks?

P

POP

I used to LOVE that show, but in the last few years, it has got boring.

But I have it on series record (didn't commit to memorizing what night it is on) and I have to say, it is interesting to me again this season.

I think the whole "Rams back to LA" is help making it more interesting. Also, Fisher is a good coach, not some poser like Joe Philbin, who was the Fins head coach when they were on Hard Knocks.

Fisher cut a player for breaking 1 rule just one time: no visitors to dorm, especially girlfriends. Dude had one 30 min visit, and he cut him.

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No.

I'm hetero, but don't judge.

ark steel

Reaction score
For you Arians lovers, Amazon Prime has its own program focusing on the Cardinals,

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't watch it but my wife likes it...odd.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I used to watch it. Just imagine if the Steelers had hard knocks! I'd love to see how Tomlin and Colbert collaborate and make decisions.

skialta

Reaction score
Lol @ fisher is a good coach. That is like John Gruden on the MNF broadcasts. You know, how he rambles on and on about how the Steeler defense is known for it's ability to shut down other teams. Nevermind the fact that that so boat sailed long ago. Fisher is BARELY a .500 coach. ******* guy is living off of a few 13-3 seasons from a decade agoScreenshot_2016-08-24-16-18-26.jpg

P

POP

I used to watch it. Just imagine if the Steelers had hard knocks! I'd love to see how Tomlin and Colbert collaborate and make decisions.

That's one reason we will never see it: We are kept in the dark on who is making what decision by design, so no one has to be accountable. Everything is left vague on purpose. Obviously, Tomlin was not in on the call to dump Arians OR Lebeau.

I think those moves are being made by Art 2.

P

POP

Lol @ fisher is a good coach. That is like John Gruden on the MNF broadcasts. You know, how he rambles on and on about how the Steeler defense is known for it's ability to shut down other teams. Nevermind the fact that that so boat sailed long ago. Fisher is BARELY a .500 coach. ******* guy is living off of a few 13-3 seasons from a decade agoView attachment 2579

If you never watch the show you wouldn't know. He IS a good coach, who has been saddled with lots of bad teams. Maybe you forget, but his TN teams used to know our teeth in with McNair, Eddie George, Kevin Dyson, Wycheck, Mason, Jevon Kearse, Blaine Bishop, Eddie Robison, Samari Rolle and company. And watch and see: He is re-building the Rams. They will be good again. What have the Titans done since booting Fisher? Become a dumpster fire.

skialta

Reaction score
Bullshit. He's building these so called bad teams. I watch the show. The man's record is what it is. Minimally parable. All the pep talks don't mean ****. Go ahead. But into that good coach argument

P

POP

no interest in any of the teams they have shown

I agree the last few seasons have been with very boring teams (Falcons, Fins, Jags, Jets). And the Rams would be nearly as bad but the move to LA has spruced things up, in my opinion. It has held my interest this season.

P

POP

Bullshit. He's building these so called bad teams. I watch the show. The man's record is what it is. Minimally parable. All the pep talks don't mean ****. Go ahead. But into that good coach argument

If I can translate your intended message....some of it seems unintelligible. When coach Fisher has the horses, he has proven he can coach. And by the way, who gives more pep talks than does Fisher? Oh, why, it is our own Tomlin.

When Fisher had talent, he won a lot. He used to cave our faces in. What about that?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I agree the last few seasons have been with very boring teams (Falcons, Fins, Jags, Jets). And the Rams would be nearly as bad but the move to LA has spruced things up, in my opinion. It has held my interest this season.

from the first season till now...NONE of the teams interested me at all

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If I can translate your intended message....some of it seems unintelligible. When coach Fisher has the horses, he has proven he can coach. And by the way, who gives more pep talks than does Fisher? Oh, why, it is our own Tomlin.

When Fisher had talent, he won a lot. He used to cave our faces in. What about that?

Careful POP, if the MASSHOLES catch you touting another team, your membership may get cancelled..... We kicked Fisher's *** a time or two also. His coaching of late (last 4 years) literally sucks. He is as much responsible for **** talent as any other HEAD COACH. SkiAlta isn't far off the mark.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh it's not the Steelers. Saw the first episode of this season. Liked Fisher disciplining the player failing to follow rules and cutting him right there. Conduct and be a professional. Other than that have not bothered to watch

skialta

Reaction score

Autocorrect changed introduce to into

Point is that you have to go back to 2008 if you want a regular season over .500
This Jeff Fisher is a good coach **** is an absolute farce. His teams are annually sorry. No McNair and no George... What has the man done? Now he's hitched his wagon to Jared Goff? Good luck with that. But hey... Now he'll have the excuse of "but he has a young quarterback and the team is up and coming"
At the end of every year, somehow he's kept his job. I truly don't understand how. I mean look at his record it's goddamn shockingly bad

P

POP

Careful POP, if the MASSHOLES catch you touting another team, your membership may get cancelled..... We kicked Fisher's *** a time or two also. His coaching of late (last 4 years) literally sucks. He is as much responsible for **** talent as any other HEAD COACH. SkiAlta isn't far off the mark.

Salute the nation

He was the only head coach to beat the 1999 Jags and did so THREE times. His Titans used to knock our teeth in. And why do some of you claim he put his crappy teams together? He wasn't ever the GM that I recall.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Good. So should everyone have the same preferences as you or we allowed to watch what we enjoy?

you asked if anyone was watching...I like others answered why I was not....

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If you never watch the show you wouldn't know. He IS a good coach, who has been saddled with lots of bad teams. Maybe you forget, but his TN teams used to know our teeth in with McNair, Eddie George, Kevin Dyson, Wycheck, Mason, Jevon Kearse, Blaine Bishop, Eddie Robison, Samari Rolle and company. And watch and see: He is re-building the Rams. They will be good again. What have the Titans done since booting Fisher? Become a dumpster fire.

He's been rebuilding his entire tenure with the Rams. Six winning seasons in 20 full seasons as a head coach is bad. Maybe he's a good coach, but his teams are usually below average and I'm stunned this guy is still employed as a head coach in the NFL.

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
He was the only head coach to beat the 1999 Jags and did so THREE times. His Titans used to knock our teeth in. And why do some of you claim he put his crappy teams together? He wasn't ever the GM that I recall.

The job as a coach is to win or at least make the playoffs. His record is extremely poor. 1999? So he's a good coach because he had a good season 17 years ago? What have you done for me lately?

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Best coaching move I've ever seen Fish make was sending all of the players he got in the trade with the team from Washington (when they took rg3) out as captains for the coin toss against them. Aside from that he had a couple of really good seasons with the rest of his career spent flopping around like a dying Fish.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Takeaways from Hard Knocks so far

Goff did not know that the sun rose in the east and set in the west.
Tavon Austin is kind of a retard and Fisher may not like him.
Ram WRs aren't very good.
You should draft rookie TE Tyler Higbee late in your fantasy drafts
Coaches are frustrated trying to get through to coddled millennials
Mike Singletary demonstrates a LB footwork drill and does it better and faster than anybody

The Rams are using a new tackling technique called the "gator tackle" - That's where you hit, wrap, and then as you are going to the ground, you roll. It is supposed to be safer and a better way to make sure tough to bring down guys (like Ben) go down.

skialta

Reaction score
You forgot that Will Hayes believes that mermaids really exist and that dinosaurs are made up