• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Any word on Tuitt or Green

mdk2

Reaction score
Green didn't practice again today.. he's done for the year IMO.

kev4heels

Reaction score
We will be taking a TE in rds 2 or 3 in the upcoming draft.
Hoping for Ndjoku, Leggett or Butt.
I like Engram but that guy is a big WR. Way too light to block on the edge.
The guy Everett is creating some buzz as well.

Steelers1356

Reaction score
Troy Polamalu had a concussion history but I don't recall it taking this long for him to get back on the field, he always bounced back quickly and I'm sure they were cautious with him too.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Troy Polamalu had a concussion history but I don't recall it taking this long for him to get back on the field, he always bounced back quickly and I'm sure they were cautious with him too.

I'm guessing every concussion is different from each other.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Guy is a fragile cupcake.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
We will be taking a TE in rds 2 or 3 in the upcoming draft.
Hoping for Ndjoku, Leggett or Butt.
I like Engram but that guy is a big WR. Way too light to block on the edge.
The guy Everett is creating some buzz as well.

I always hope for butt. Gotta get them drunk first to make them playful

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Cut his *** be done with it already

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Now I can say with confidence, that his prior issues were due to a concussion, and not recovering from his surgery. It's because his practices read the exact same way. He has a condition, and unless it's a misdiagnosed neck issue (like Sidney Crosby), he isn't coming out of this anytime soon.

I am hopeful, that if we make the superbowl, that he will be able to play. If he is, and gets us a TD, the signing is still worth it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I just wonder what he said to them prior to the signing. I wonder if he disclosed to the doctors. This dude came with a brain injury sure as ****. They were talking about him on the practice report. They replayed the hit. He took like four steps and should have been well prepared for the collision. And it was like 30 % of the hit AB took in the wildcard and 5 % of the unload by Dupree last weekend. That signing was Bullshit.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Man it looks bad from the outside. I hope Green can get back on the field and be a factor.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green still not practicing. Just IR him now so there is no doubt.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Kaboly saying on DK's site that the media isn't allowed to speak with Green and that this is against the rules.

As long as a player takes part in a practice even though he’s still in concussion protocol, he is permitted to talk to the media. However, the Steelers have yet to allow that to happen. That’s probably not a good sign.

I guess they'd have a beef about it last week. Not so much this week since he hasn't practiced. I agree, however, that it isn't a good sign for Green's availability for games going forward.

http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2017/01/13/friday-insider-mitchelltomlin-match-made-heaven/

*Link is to a subscription site

ZACKB

Reaction score
How would Green retiring affect the cap going forward? What about waived with an injury settlement? I would like to use his salary to sign Martellus Bennet.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
d have to forfiet most of his SB if he retires or released due to med issues

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to use his salary to sign Martellus Bennet.

Oh no. We'd want J.J. Watts!

That's the way! Cause he'd be a ******' PERFECT FA signing.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
How would Green retiring affect the cap going forward? What about waived with an injury settlement? I would like to use his salary to sign Martellus Bennet.
Same as being released, unless he chooses to give back part of his signing bonus, but I don't see that happening.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think his major value is providing space to AB in not allowing the opposition to over focus on Brown. I really believe that Leveon needs to increase his passing role. I'd really favor bringing in D'Angelo on third down and flexing out Bell as a hybrid back/TE/slot.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
Right, there are plenty of healthy guys who can accomplish the same things. I just don't ever remember a player who's actually done so little who's seen as so important?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
With the loss of Bryant and Wheaton and disappearance of Coates people are looking for a big play guy opposite AB. I think a lot feel that Green is that guy. Hopefully they can get someone else to emerge. Roger's, Ayers and Hamilton seem to play a different role.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
With the loss of Bryant and Wheaton and disappearance of Coates people are looking for a big play guy opposite AB. I think a lot feel that Green is that guy. Hopefully they can get someone else to emerge. Roger's, Ayers and Hamilton seem to play a different role.

IMHO Sask, I am impressed with what Ayres is doing in such a limited role. He gets open. He has great hands. He's one of our best blockers at WR. He made an impact last game, and he only had 10 offensive snaps. I think his snap count needs to be increased. He handled the load all game as the XWR vs Cleveland. The Steelers trust him on 3rd/4th down and final drive packages. It's time to take a shot with him at the ZWR. Either that or DHB needs to be more productive when he's at the Z.

Hamilton is blocking really well as well, so I don't want to state that Hamilton is doing nothing. He just doesn't seem to get open as consistently as Ayres.