• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
AB has CTE. You can't wish him to get better because he can't. He can't 'find the help he needs' because you can't repair plaqued damage to the cerebral cortex. He can't control his emotions, which is why he has these emotional outbursts at anytime for any reason. TX is right, AB's life is going to end violently, and unfortunately it will be when he is still young.

I talked with DK at the Podcasters dinner he hosted for us on Sunday night and he told me AB was the most appreciative, nicest guy in the locker room his first few years in the league. He didn't change until his 2nd contract. CTE is progressive, and builds upon previous damage over hundreds and thousands of hits. He is small in stature, and he's tough, but his brain felt every hit. It's why he's gotten progressively worse each year at being able to control his emotional outbursts each year. His poor decision making is now his MO. He is irrational, irritable, and violent/ aggressive toward women and strangers. He can't improve, he's only going to get worse.

There is no test you can do for CTE yet while the person is alive, since you have to slice the brain and look at it under a microscope, but if there was ever a case study for increased irrational emotional outbursts over time, this is it. The statement put out by his lawyer/agent is not going to help AB at all. Just another way to make his uncontrollable behavior seem justified. Don't get me wrong there are some dangerous practices in the NFL that have never been attacked this publicly and some medical treatment issues need to be addressed within the league, but this was done as a smokescreen to take away from ABs inability to act rationally in emotionally stressed situations.

Will he take his own life like Seau? Will he kill his wife and kids like Chris Benoit? Will he shoot at helicopters or die in a fiery car crash like Ernie Holmes? Or will he die destitute and homeless by separating himself from everyone like Mike Webster? Jury is out, but for AB and his continuing inability to handle strong emotions, it is not going to end well.
Well noted Cope, you must obviously work or have connections to the medical community with your explanation on CTE. What I want to know, is the League or the NFLPA going to get involved now as a Intervention Protocol to protect both of their individual interests? No doubt if anything unfortunate was to occur, there will be civil litigation against both the NFL and NFLPA. That’s just how attorneys work.

oh yeah Cope, Justin Strzelczyk is the player that died in the car crash. Holmes shot at a police chopper, but I thought it was a dare by one of the players?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Well noted Cope, you must obviously work or have connections to the medical community with your explanation on CTE.
Cope is not a doctor, but he plays one on Steeler Nation.

Buster

Reaction score
Arians gave his account today which was both believable and would have been a huge risk if it's a lie. Said AB bitched about targets at halftime. The players talked him off ledge. He never alerted the training staff of an injury( he wouldn't say this if AB had) he wouldn't go out with the receiving package he was assigned. The position coach tried to get him to move. Arians walked up and said get the **** outta here you are done. I guess he had the right to leave then. Probably not the way he did.
BA has nothing to apologize for. Anyone who gives AB’s account any credence is an idiot.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I guess BA is a idiot and doesn’t know how to be a HC since he released AB. Can’t wait for him to be added to KC’s roster or even GB.
I don't think anyone will pick him up. If they do I would assume it would be a team in the 5-15 range. Someone in the playoffs but not the top. The top is not going to risk their locker room nor the questions about AB if they fall short.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
oh yeah Cope, Justin Strzelczyk is the player that died in the car crash. Holmes shot at a police chopper, but I thought it was a dare by one of the players?
Ernie Holmes died in a car crash too but it was long after he retired and it was an accident, not intentional like Strelzyck. It is believed that he fell asleep at the wheel.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will pick him up. If they do I would assume it would be a team in the 5-15 range. Someone in the playoffs but not the top. The top is not going to risk their locker room nor the questions about AB if they fall short.
Trying to remember who said it yesterday. KC had Josh Gordon all this time with his situation and was patient to let him play 11 games and have only 5 catches. You don’t KC, or another division winner, would take a chance with AB who in 7 games has had 3 games with 10+ catches and 100+ yards? Selling your soul for a SB is pretty common. Arians did it last year.

PolamaluFanForever43

Reaction score

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Well noted Cope, you must obviously work or have connections to the medical community with your explanation on CTE. What I want to know, is the League or the NFLPA going to get involved now as a Intervention Protocol to protect both of their individual interests? No doubt if anything unfortunate was to occur, there will be civil litigation against both the NFL and NFLPA. That’s just how attorneys work.

I have a degree in Biopsychology and studied the brain extensively. I wrote my thesis on Alzheimers and was an athletic trainer for UMBC Athletics as an undergrad. My mom and both of her most recent husbands were doctors (anesthesiology and surgeon). They now run a CBD production lab in Baltimore. Lots of family discussion in the science/medical field with these cats!

Oh, and my mom is the smartest person I know. Double PHDs in Genetics and Pharmacology and just got her masters in THC science in the first class for that degree from the University of Maryland this year. She did it while still serving as the Dean of Science for Baltimore City Community College, teaching 3 classes, and writing all the scientific papers and applied for all of the grants for their CBD company. She's nonstop!

CBD company: https://www.rxremediesinc.com/

Last edited:

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a degree in Biopsychology and studied the brain extensively. I wrote my thesis on Alzheimers and was an athletic trainer for UMBC Athletics as an undergrad. My mom and both of her most recent husbands were doctors (anesthesiology and surgeon). They now run a CBD production lab in Baltimore. Lots of family discussion in the science/medical field with these cats!

Oh, and my mom is the smartest person I know. Double PHDs in Genetics and Pharmacology and just got her masters in THC science in the first class for that degree from the University of Maryland this year. She did it while still serving as the Dean of Science for Baltimore City Community College, teaching 3 classes, and writing all the scientific papers and applied for all of the grants for their CBD company. She's nonstop!

You had me at THC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Show off

But seriously. Good job to you and your mom.
Do you get free cbd? Just asking for a friend

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Trying to remember who said it yesterday. KC had Josh Gordon all this time with his situation and was patient to let him play 11 games and have only 5 catches. You don’t KC, or another division winner, would take a chance with AB who in 7 games has had 3 games with 10+ catches and 100+ yards? Selling your soul for a SB is pretty common. Arians did it last year.
I will never say never. But Josh Gordon's problems are significantly different the Browns.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate, do scientists believe that CTE is a new medical condition? Has it just started in the last 20 years? Guys have been playing football with far inferior equipment for over a hundred years. AB's antics are so far extreme even on top of other players that have been formally diagnosed with CTE. I think CTE is becoming the easy scape goat to blame anytime a player acts like an immature or petulant child. Not saying that he doesn't potentially have CTE, but there have been a LOT of players with CTE that never acted or behaved anywhere close to how AB has. Ryan Clark has said that AB was going to be an issue LONG before the Burfict hit and still early in his career.
It’s not new but it’s common sense that you get hit enough in the noggin you change. The brain is a complex yet fragile organ.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Any player rostered by any team gets an exemption if that player is serving a suspension. So even if he was rostered, it wouldn't cost a team that roster slot while he was serving his suspension.

Though I get the argument of not being able to serve a suspension if you're not rostered, though Josh Gordon did a couple seasons that way.
Yes, but the team is still required to pay signing and/or performance bonuses. Since Brown wasn't signed by anyone while he "served" his suspension, there was no risk to the signing team that can pick him up after the suspension.
It was horseshit.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Chick that AB snuck into his room Saturday before the game?
Hit

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Love your MoM, an incredible woman but add in she raised a _____________ (fill in blank) KID too.!!!

Salute the nation

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I will never say never. But Josh Gordon's problems are significantly different the Browns.
Yeah, no doubt. Gordon appears to have significant untreated severe depression with resistance to pharmacological clinical methods, hence the continued use of weed In the past. His curve has flattened, but it’s definitely impacted his contribution to the game.

AB is just a maniacal narcissist and still has a poor support system and never has. Maybe he took classes from Coach’s seminar on “life lives for you”.