• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another One bites the Dust... AKA Raven's Steve Smith is done

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Hated him but he was a damn good receiver and I can't say I'm sad to see him go. Brought a lot of toughness to that team. Wouldn't be surprised if horse face became a steady permanent ballers character too.

Stoney

Reaction score
Hate him. We don't need him. But this team can definitely use someone like him in terms of the energy he brings to the team.

I can't think of anyone on this team right now that brings his kind of fire and will to win. Not saying our guys don't have it, just not on the same level, imo.

xjx

Reaction score
He is a *****.

Sevenisheaven

Banned
Reaction score
I love how he says he is retiring because of his daughters. What an a hole and a tool. Did you say that Steve when you were 33 or 34 or 35 or 36? Oh you had to come back to end on your terms at 37.....Were they your daughters terms too? I don't care if a guy plays until he is 50 but please don't tell me you are retiring at 37 to spend more time.e with your family. You are retiring because you are a shell of what you used to be in your prime and will be even slower next year. He's not a number one anymore. He was an ahole before he joined the Ravens. That decision made him an all pro douchebag. I hate the ******* Ravens. What A collection of losers!!!

Sevenisheaven

Banned
Reaction score
"Hate him. We don't need him. But this team can definitely use someone like him in terms of the energy he brings to the team"

Incorrect we don't need anyone like that on the team and we don't need any of his energy. AB brings plenty of energy.

Speaking of energy V Williams is one intense dude. Got energy like Greene or Porter did. He's a Steeler throwback....Love to see how take over for Timmons one day and become a defensive Captain. I think k he could round em like like Joey did.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
I love how he says he is retiring because of his daughters. What an a hole and a tool. Did you say that Steve when you were 33 or 34 or 35 or 36? Oh you had to come back to end on your terms at 37.....Were they your daughters terms too? I don't care if a guy plays until he is 50 but please don't tell me you are retiring at 37 to spend more time.e with your family. You are retiring because you are a shell of what you used to be in your prime and will be even slower next year. He's not a number one anymore. He was an ahole before he joined the Ravens. That decision made him an all pro douchebag. I hate the ******* Ravens. What A collection of losers!!!

so you're gonna get bent out of shape like this the next time a steeler retires and says he wants to "spend more time with his family"? i get it, this is a thread to **** on steve smith, fun fun fun. but this post is ******* idiotic.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I would too, buuuuuuuuut, with Wheaton likely gone, and Coates still unproven, plus Mr. Ganja, I wouldn't mind having him as a security blanket, provided the price was right. Sure he's a douche when he's on the other team, but so was Hines Ward.

I said to a buddy after watching him in this game, I now have a small sample of the hate Ravens fans must've had for 86. Glad his prime was elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Suggs says he will be back next year. Dumerville probably gone due to price tag. Smith retiring. I also expect Pitta and Webb to be released due to contract. Brandon Williams and Wagner probably gone via free agency. They will struggle to move on offense, smith and Pitta were Elite Joe's options. Defense will be much worse then this year and we all know Ozzie can't draft. They also don't have the money to play the Free Agent game this year like usual. Thanks Mr Flacco

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Well I'm glad. He's just a thug WR. I used to hate it when he would get tackled after catching the ball. It was like he took it personal when he was tackled.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Dude is a vicious competitor who talks during the game....players respect him because he delivers...a thug he is not.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I said to a buddy after watching him in this game, I now have a small sample of the hate Ravens fans must've had for 86. Glad his prime was elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steve Smith was a pocket of hate. Unlike Hines he didn't smile, but he did stick it defenses the way Hines did. He is played football with a chip on his shoulder. He's retired now. No hate

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerAl

Reaction score
i'd be looking to try to find a way to get AB and Bell to sign while also keeping an eye on Chandler Jones.

Goodness, people, get a grip. We are not signing any high profile free agents this offseason - it's all about locking up our young stars long-term.