• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another One bites the Dust... AKA Raven's Steve Smith is done

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** him

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What? Before the last game?

Seriously? Is he going to sign with the Panthers so he can retire with Carolina?

SteveA

Reaction score
He did this last year.................

He said 89% sure, so nothing official....

I think we should sign him

steelermania

Reaction score
I'd rather have Ayres at this point in their careers SteveA.

I would too, buuuuuuuuut, with Wheaton likely gone, and Coates still unproven, plus Mr. Ganja, I wouldn't mind having him as a security blanket, provided the price was right. Sure he's a douche when he's on the other team, but so was Hines Ward.

SteveA

Reaction score
Look.....You hate him on the other team for sure...On your team you love him.....Dude can still ball

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

bmoritz

Reaction score
NO NO NO!!! I do NOT want that poster child for Little Man Syndrome on our team. Screw him, he's an *******.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I'm glad. He's just a thug WR. I used to hate it when he would get tackled after catching the ball. It was like he took it personal when he was tackled.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
I hear ya, but I'd rather have a vet receiver with size. Bolden, Britt, or Jeffery.

Here's a list: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Jeffrey will be too expensive for us unfortunately. Bolden would be a solid option for a year or two. Might come cheap if he wants to be on a contender.

From that list, I'd take Pryor in a heartbeat. AB, Pryor and Bryant would be a ridiculous trio. 1 is uncoverable and the other 2 are 6'4" with speed.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
i'd be looking to try to find a way to get AB and Bell to sign while also keeping an eye on Chandler Jones.

Spike

Reaction score
Mike Wallace was the only other WR on the team worth a damn, and guys like him aren't carrying an offense

Wallace was nothing , Smith was all they really had, did U see all the drops?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I hate the guy as a Raven but I think he'd be the perfect Steeler even if we just rented him for a few months. Ward was no different except he smiled when he got tackled...He fits the mold of old school Steelers.
Lloyd had a great quote that he put on a t-shirt...I wasn't hired for my disposition. Same would go for that guy.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean Pitta is 31ish... he wont have many years left and may already be slowing a bit... Wallace is 30 and straight line speed guys don't last... after that its Perriman, who hasn't shown any ability to require the kind of coverage SSJ drew... which means Wallace will just be doubled every down... they can draft someone, but they haven't had great success there and frankly that wont be their biggest hole....

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
We have this guy named Bryant who I hope and pray has his **** together. A great talent young under contract and healthy. Just adding him back to the offense next year makes them scary good! I wouldn't give smith the time of day.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
We have this guy named Bryant who I hope and pray has his **** together. A great talent young under contract and healthy. Just adding him back to the offense next year makes them scary good! I wouldn't give smith the time of day.

Their biggest hole is the one the Steelers teared last Sunday

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think we need to bring anyone in. Assuming Bryant gets reinstated, we should have Brown, Bryant, Rogers, Coats, Hamilton, Ayers and possibly DHB going into camp next year. More likely we would draft someone than bring in a FA, IMO.