• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And so it begins....James Harrison hit with 3rd random drug test in 3 months

awboatguy

Reaction score
Stop telling James Harrison that his drug tests are random. He's on to the trend.

The 39-year-old Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker, who regularly posts videos of his immaculate workout routines, was visited by a random drug-tester for the third time in three months Tuesday, and has grown suspicious of the "random" nature of his repeated examinations.

This isn't the first time Harrison has been subjected to multiple tests in a short amount of time, as he was tested twice in a week in December 2016.

Harrison seems to have little problem adhering to the league's drug tests, and his agent says "they have the right to test him and we understand that," according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The veteran linebacker was also investigated for PED use last summer and was cleared of all charges.

Mitch SandersonJun 6 2017, 16:16

So, what is this random the NFL speaks of?

Spike

Reaction score
So what? Did he pass?

That's all that matters

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think they should test him everyday. . ..his head size must have doubled since he first started playing. Get him Roger!!!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a vendetta of NOT just James Harrison but our KICKER got randomly tested last year too. OUR ******* kicker......... I think the "rog" may have it out for the STEELERS......................... At minimum, James.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
How is the NFLPA not stepping in here? if it was a patriot getting this treatment, they'd be all over Goodell...
As James' agent stated....it is all part of the CBA.....section 6...article 12 states that James Harrison can and will be randomly testy weekly until he retires....

So really this isn't any new news.

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
As James' agent stated....it is all part of the CBA.....section 6...article 12 states that James Harrison can and will be randomly testy weekly until he retires....

I think it would come down to the NFL's selection process. What method is used for "random" selection. They should easily be able to justify it. Statistics would generate a reasonable likelihood that one person would be randomly chosen out of a certain sample size. If it is within the stand deviation...no problem. I would assume the NLFPA and Harrison's agent has this information.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it would come down to the NFL's selection process. What method is used for "random" selection. They should easily be able to justify it. Statistics would generate a reasonable likelihood that one person would be randomly chosen out of a certain sample size. If it is within the stand deviation...no problem. I would assume the NLFPA and Harrison's agent has this information.

Maybe, just MAYBE...............Harrison knows he isn't juice ing and don't give a chit. It's kind of like,........why put up the fight and bring more negative things to himself or worse yet the team. JAMES is the ultimate football player and he is taking care of buisness the way it should be taken care of, by following the rules.

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as he has consistently gotten tested, there is no way it is random. He is definitely on the target list.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I still say when he retires he should walk into Goodells office whip out his **** and piss all over his desk and say test that *****. Then throw him his retirement papers as he walks out the door.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Debo's tenacity is AWESOME........... I like how he stands up and makes you know that he knows.....................

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
someone mentioned on 93.7 this morning that they test him because Debo posts his crazy workout videos, so at 39, the NFL feels must be juiced. Crazy theory, but it's still harassment. If he has failed in the past, sure, test him, but this is over the top when he passes them all.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

I understand the rule, but there has to be a point where this can either be viewed as targeting, or harassment. The NFLPA is supposed to protect their players from those 2 instances.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand the rule, but there has to be a point where this can either be viewed as targeting, or harassment. The NFLPA is supposed to protect their players from those 2 instances.

I agree Cope, seems like the NFLPA could care less of one MR> JAMES HARRISON. I realize the CBA dictates a lot of this but this is getting out of hand. I don't think James Harrison has ever failed a drug test his entire career. The on ly thing this REGULAR testing does is cement that fact. I worry about if suddenly he has a fail........... Could it be sabotage....... James ingesting an unknown but contaminate fail substance..... I doubt he outright EVER tries to get away with something as he knows he will be tested. Gotta LOVE the man and his awesome way of handling this. Oh and did I say **** the "rog" ******* breath prick !!!!!!

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
When is ownership, head coach and the players union going to start asking questions of this league office run by Gödel. No wonder everyone looks at the NFL commissioner is such distain.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would suggest that the writers and HOF voters should be required to add 1 point in their voting procedures for every time a player is "randomly" tested and passes. James would not only be a first round HOF, they would be forced to cut the 7 year waiting list down to... well 3 years ago.

Reaction score
It's not out of the realm of possibility. Random is random. Weird things happen. I once controlled the dice for over an hour before crapping out in Vegas. I'd have never believed it was possible until it happened.

But then again maybe they're targeting him. I don't really care that much since he comes up clean every time. I mostly just wanted to brag about my legendary roll. Since I don't fish I have to brag about SOMETHING I can't prove.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Earlier this year James posted about getting a letter for a drug test. I suggested he go to NY and punch Roger in the mouth in the league office, that way Goodell would at least have a legit reason to hate and harass him.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not out of the realm of possibility. Random is random. Weird things happen. I once controlled the dice for over an hour before crapping out in Vegas. I'd have never believed it was possible until it happened.

But then again maybe they're targeting him. I don't really care that much since he comes up clean every time. I mostly just wanted to brag about my legendary roll. Since I don't fish I have to brag about SOMETHING I can't prove.

I guess some folks are just more "random" than others. Lol

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
that video would give Pop a hard on, or maybe not because it is not of a pats player

OH,.....I think POPs has a hard on for anything............... didn't you ever read his post(s)........... are you a newbie??? LOL

Part of me misses his drama....... but MOST of me is glads he's gones

Salute the nation