• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017--look ahead -- When Bryant returns

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't believe in ifs

Did you know the Steelers have 5 Pro-Bowlers on their offense?

I want more

Give me another #1 WR weapon at least, pour it on

Then as I said look for a vet but you can't overspend as the money will go to AB and Bell. Or a high pick butI wouldn't draft a 1st round WR though, not until waiting for Bryants development

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Spike, I like your enthusiasm, but a blue chip receiver won't be there at 32. First round receivers are hit or miss. Look at Baltimore they're 0-2. Philly sucks at first round receivers. If someone drops with speed, size, and hands, sure make the move. But at 32, they are usually lacking one of those 3 attributes.

I also don't see ILB as a need next year. We'd be drafting for depth. We have Vince who will start next year. We have Big Red as a backup. Too bad Feeney is gone, he'd work in with depth. We can pick someone up for depth, but they won't start next year, barring injury

OLB/DE is key. Take a DE that is undersized and can stand up and rush the passer, or a good OLB pass rushing prospect.
CB, we can upgrade Cockrell (and Gay ain't getting any younger).
S depth
RB backup
QB backup

After that, we are already deep OL, DL, WR, & TE.

This is shaping up to be a true BPA draft for us.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Hamilton and Wheaton I see as done after this season. Hamilton is raw and I liked his attitude. I cannot see him beating out Rogers or Ayers

really ayers? he's got a far bigger reach-radius and he's already proven he can catch balls in traffic. i'd keep him before i'd keep ayers, at least at this point.

Sevenisheaven

Banned
Reaction score
The secondary picks this year really help a lot. Jones hurt us because we had to redraft there with Dupree and with Timmons and Harrison at the end of their careers it hurts even more. I bet a million they draft LB first round and may even draft two LBs in the first three. They can always draft for depth anywhere and you will always have weaknesses. There is no perfect team but they are solid now with their starters on both lines the receivers RB (Bell) QB obviously the and even the secondary and he'll they are young and mostly locked up. They are SB caliber now and they are thinnest at LB. Dupree is still an ink own V Williams looks good and Shazier if healthy is a monster. LB LB LB. I know it's not their style but if a student is there earlier then they pick in the first I'd package a deal and move down but only if he can have an impact immediately. I'd guess first four picks (not in order) are LB LB RB WR and use later rounds for line depth. Bryant and Coates are question marks and what happens if Bell goes or is injured so I'd say they could draft early there as well.

Sevenisheaven

Banned
Reaction score
Think about how Davis Burns Tuitt Hargrave Shazier and Hargrave help out their D going forward. There are only 5 positions left aon D and I haven't even thrown in Dupree Cockrell or even Holding in there. Then you have Williams/Timmons and Mitchell. It screams LB LB

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
really ayers? he's got a far bigger reach-radius and he's already proven he can catch balls in traffic. i'd keep him before i'd keep ayers, at least at this point.

Ayers is really an unknown at this point. He did show nice skills getting open deep against the Ravens and the willingness to throw some blocks. For a rookie in his first game, I really liked that when he was targeted on that last drive,he had the sense
to stiff arm the DB and get himself out of bounds while picking up as many yards as possible.

I hope he can flash some talent on punt returns this week. I saw a report that he and Rogers will be splitting those duties Sunday.

Hamilton and shown solid hands, but he and Coates and Bryant are all fighting for the same spots, while Ayers could back up Rogers in the slot and work outside if necessary along with his PR skills

Ayers does need to show more before I would say he is clearly ahead of Hamilton and I hope he does so Sunday since if the others get healthy it is likely his last shot until training camp.

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
The Steelers screwed up when they didn't try to sign Brian Orakpo. coming off knee injury and a lot of questions surrounding him. the risk was worth it. I believe he ended up signing for 4 million, with incentives if hit could push it up to 8. or something like that.
Last I looked he had 10.5 sacks this year. and made the pro bowl. where would your defense be right now with him.