• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your Best Game in Attendance Story

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
The first game I was able to take my oldest boy to was also great

He liked watching the games with me and seeing how the Steeler fans can take over other teams stadiums so when they finally got to visit the Texans when he was about 8 years old, we got tickets and headed to the game. Troy was always his favorite player so we both went in matching black 43 jerseys with our terrible towels

we got to the stadium to tailgate and he was shocked by all the black and gold in the parking lot. We headed into the stadium and he is high fiving ever Steeler fan he sees (which was a shitload)

The Steelers ended up losing, but he had a great time and the fans streaming out still were doing Steeler chants as we exited. He thought it sounded good on TV with all the Steeler fans at road games but seeing it live really drove it home for him....

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Steelers-Colts AFC Championship Game
After the disappointment of the previous year, you could feel the excitement of a potential Super Bowl appearance. Ernie Mills with the toe-tap catch along the sideline and Bam Morris plowing it in for the touchdown. We get to the last drive and I'm sitting undercover in section 448 with metal floors and everyone is stomping their feet for the last play. It is LOUD, as loud as I've ever heard it at Three Rivers Stadium. As the ball flies into the air the stadium gets dead silent and it was almost like time stopped. That ball fell out of the air and all we could see from our vantage point was a mass of players and then you see the ref signal incomplete and the place exploded. It was such an awesome experience.

Steelers-Browns Wild Card Game
The entire setting with the snow and mud was so much fun, but the comeback was even better. The moment when Fu ran into the end zone was incredible.

Steelers-Cowboys 2008
There are a few teams that come into Heinz Field and there's an extra energy. The Ravens are obvious, but when New England and Dallas are in town, it's a different atmosphere. We are coming off Renegade and the crowd is going nuts. I'm yelling so loud I could swear I ruptured my vocal cords and then Deshea picks off Romo and we all knew he'd score. Everyone is jumping up and down bouncing off each other. I nearly passed out from hyperventilating. Such a fun game.

Super Bowl XL
It was a great experience, however, what stands out the most was simply being in another city for the Super Bowl and it looking like a home game.

Steelers-Ravens AFC Championship Game
When Ryan Clark hit Willis McGahee I thought he killed him. Not only did the hit look brutal from our angle, I heard it over the crowd. It was the loudest hit I've ever heard at an NFL game. We were at least 100 yards away and it sounded like we were 10 feet away. Aside from that, so many great individual plays capped off by the Polamalu interception. When he caught the ball it looked like he was surrounded by Ravens so I'm thinking, he's gotta get down. Then you quickly remember, wait, this is Troy, he can do something with it. Absolute madness when he scored. After the game was over hearing everyone sing the "Here we go" song in unison was awesome. I've been to two Super Bowls, big-time rivalry games in all sports, a MLB All-Star game, Stanley Cup game 7, but this is probably the best sporting event I've ever attended. There is absolutely nothing like an NFL Conference Championship game when the home team wins. It's not the league title, but getting 65,000+ fans in their home stadium is absolutely incredible.