• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Would you be for trading Pouncey?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

I'd trade Pouncey right now for ANY Draft pick, as long as the other team takes his cap number with away from the Steelers. This would free up 11-12 million a year in cap space. Then instead of 20 million to spend in the offseason, we have more like 32 million.

This is enough to buy the best non-franchised DB and Edge rusher out there and pick up another few players for 2-4 million a year for better depth ( Backup QB, DL, TE ) If only Colbert would try....

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Why? He's overrated, often injured, and has flirted with off the field incidents. Sell now!

Overrated by who? Not by professional writers who cover the game. He's been named All-Pro. Yes he's had two year ending injuries, but one was a fluke by his own teammate. No word yet if he is out for Sunday yet.

Off the field incidents? I know of only one incident. Wearing the Hernandez hat. For which he immediately apologized for. At a requested press conference too.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Overrated by who? Not by professional writers who cover the game. He's been named All-Pro. Yes he's had two year ending injuries, but one was a fluke by his own teammate. No word yet if he is out for Sunday yet.

Off the field incidents? I know of only one incident. Wearing the Hernandez hat. For which he immediately apologized for. At a requested press conference too.

His best year was his rookie year. Yes, he can pull and run well, but he's not very big and can't get much push as an in-line blocker. Looks like he's injured again, and his legs are banged up. He had seven surgical procedures last year after breaking his left fibula.

Oh, Free Hernandez was just one blunder. A man is partly defined by the company he keeps. In this case, he supports a guy who went down for murder.

He and his brother were accused of beating up a 160-pound man in a night club. there were photos. Damage was done. The Pouncey's were drunk and celebrating their birthday. As luck would have it, the video in the bar didn't capture it so the legal case had to be dropped.

And there was a time when he went off on twitter to a fan, saying he's rich and your not.

And last year he drew Tomlin's ire by posting contradicting reports on his health on twitter.

And when his brother Mike was suspended for his role in bullying, he whined to the media asking to give his sibling a break.

If you want my opinion he's immature, and injury prone. Could be a bad dude outside of football. I would not be shocked if he's suspended one day, not for drugs, but for some other crime.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I voted no but that's only because no one would take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.