• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Worst passing-blocking LT "up for big payday?"

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://fanrecap.com/steelers-dan-moore-jr-eyes-big-payday-as-free-agency-looms/

I don't see it: Moore is always at the bottom of passing blocking for all starting LTs, but he's "due a big payday?" No, he didn't just happen to have one bad year passing blocking he has been one of the very worst pass-blocking LTs each and every year. Isn't pass blocking one of the primary jobs of a LT? And Moore has consistently been at the bottom of the list each and every season. But he's due for a "massive payday?" From who? What team is gonna rush to give this guy a big payday?
On The Steve Jones Show on WKOK 1070 AM, Dulac expressed confidence that Moore would not be returning to Pittsburgh post the 2024 season, emphasizing Moore’s potential to fetch a lucrative deal thanks to his consistent performance as an NFL left tackle, provided he remains healthy.
Consistent performance? Consistently bottom-of-the-barrel performance more like it. Oh, but he's buddies with Shades, never mind. Kahn's on the job; your free pass days are over, Moore. Just like Canada's were. Jones and Troy are the OTs in 2024 or something went terribly wrong.

https://www.steelernation.com/2024/05/04/steelers-dan-moore-value-massive-increase#google_vignette

More on the same story: Dulac thinks Moore is awesome even after horrid PFF grades.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This article from the “Home” page here at STEELERNATION.COM has a very well written article about Dan’s future with the team and a possible big payday. That payday may not necessarily be here as that future hasn’t been written yet.

This is worth the read and let it be known that there are a lot of good articles that are written and posted on the home page here.

Thank You Justin for this great Steelers site being the best of the best.!!!

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
This article from the “Home” page here at STEELERNATION.COM has a very well written article about Dan’s future with the team and a possible big payday. That payday may not necessarily be here as that future hasn’t been written yet.

This is worth the read and let it be known that there are a lot of good articles that are written and posted on the home page here.
Thanks, I often check this site for articles as requested, see my posting history for evidence.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he was that good, it would be easier to extend him instead of rolling the dice in the Draft for his replacement. The fact that they did it 2 years in a row, shows how good they believe he is.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope he gets a huge payday from someone else, such an overpayment that he earns a third-round comp pick for the Steelers please

Cleveland, but they are close to “cap” strapped.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I often check this site for articles as requested, see my posting history for evidence.

**** that, I’m not that interested in your post(s) to read them a second time looking for something to prove your right, that’s your job.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully next year someone pays him well enough for the Steelers toget a comp pick. Almost forget what those are
Does he start this year? If he is regulated to back up it might hurt his huge payday and our comp pick. :(

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
**** that, I’m not that interested in your post(s) to read them a second time looking for something to prove your right, that’s your job.

Salute the nation
Relax. He simply stated he checks in on the articles here frequently. That is all.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I mean the Steelers gave Chuks Okorafor a relatively big contact and he wasn't good, so I can see some team paying a 26-year old LT with a lot of starting experience. I hope he does well for himself and his new team can put him in better position to improve. Ideally, he would be the long-term answer at LT for the Steelers by this point, he just hasn't been good enough.

Dreegking

Reaction score
He’s fine. Runblocking and pass blocking have improved. And another year is here. He will improve again. Continues to improve. So, that’s great. It’s. Or like he’s 28 and has plateaud like the recent RT that is now gone. Who was always a good pass blocker btw. Just no good at run blocking. That all said, Moore won’t start this year, so…moot.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh the f--- it is. Scraunche the monkey.
Hey what you do to your monkey on your time is you business. Scraunche it, spank it, whatever that is your business.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
y'all are insane. Moore is massively awesome. Just needs to be unleashed. We're holding him back from being the best he can be. hopefully some team sees that and whisks him away on a grotesquely yuge contract.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
y'all are insane. Moore is massively awesome. Just needs to be unleashed. We're holding him back from being the best he can be. hopefully some team sees that and whisks him away on a grotesquely yuge contract.
Fully agree with the insane part, but have a problem with the y’all part.

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Fully agree with the insane part, but have a problem with the y’all part.

Salute the nation
obviously you're of the Misunderstanding Committee.

Dan Moore should be signed to a contract that reflects his entire potential. One that will reset the LT market, as he deserves to be paid (by some other team) far, far more than the next LT. IMO, 10 years at $450 mil would be just scratching the surface.

keslerclan

Reaction score
I just don't get the speculation that Broderick Jones, with one NFL start at LT is immediately better than Dan Moore. Sure, Dan Moore has not been a top tier LT in his time there BUT he definitely isn't near the bottom as PFF has him. PFF is filled with inconsistent grading by "non-football" statisticians, IMO. Looking at their grading for pressures and hits is where they tend to lose cred. They don't take into consideration the following; the caliber of the player being blocked, the penchant for the QB to roll into pressure, etc.

Dan has been steady, if not unspectacular. I would grade him middle of the pack as a LT. Here's why: We faced a murderers row of pass rushers on the left side last year and typically do in our division. Other LTs don't have that challenge every year. PFF grading is not consistent. See example:

Christian Darrisaw was graded at 82.4 with 7 penalties and 6 sacks allowed
Dan Moore was graded at 51.8 with 3 penalties and 8 sacks allowed (with a QB that liked to spin into pressure on the left-side)

Meanwhile, B.Jones was graded out at 60.7 with 2 penalties and 4 sacks allowed on the right-side with less snaps. Jones had PFF grades in the 30's towards the end of the season on the right-side after playing much better in earlier starts. I doubt two things. One, that Broderick will suddenly do better on the left, as he is known to be a waist-bender and blocks with his head down (something I don't think our present OL coach is adept at correcting) and that Dan Moore, as a "swing" could be much worse on the right-side, regardless of his "comfort" with the position. Jones was a big improvement over Chuks in run blocking but worse in pass-pro.

I think they will TRY to find a better candidate at LT, whether that be Jones or Fautanu AND keep Moore as the "just in case they fail" back-up. I'm not as hyped about the chances of improving the LT position this year, mostly because our OL coach doesn't have the resume for improving players at any position. I am hopeful they find a better performer at LT, but I'm happy to have Moore, just in case they can't. At least we know what he can do against guys like Garrett, Hendrickson and the Bosa brothers.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Hey what you do to your monkey on your time is you business. Scraunche it, spank it, whatever that is your business.
IC can "scraunche the monkey" with his didactice requests. Scraunch it good.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
obviously you're of the Misunderstanding Committee.

Dan Moore should be signed to a contract that reflects his entire potential. One that will reset the LT market, as he deserves to be paid (by some other team) far, far more than the next LT. IMO, 10 years at $450 mil would be just scratching the surface.

I get the football part, it was the first three words part.

"y'all are insane"

My therapist has told me time and again to stand up for myself.

I Identify as "certifiable" insane. Not just insane.!!!!

Salute the nation