• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Willie who------------- Chad wants to know

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Willie is spot on. It's just stuff we've already been saying for years on here.

Chad is ignorant on the subject and used to being substandard as a Bengal.

Also, all the bravado of chad, gets clicks.

Salute the nation

steelhurt

Reaction score
I don’t think shades is really on the hot seat. Hell, I don’t think he’s on the warm seat, not with Art.
Great example… He wanted and got Kenny Pickett and totally mismanaged him and set him up for failure. Now, I’m not saying Kenny would have been anything here in Pittsburgh but shades saddling him with the incompetence of Canada retarded any growth Kenny may have experienced.
Tomlin should have been scrutinized severely for that mishandling but was not. Instead Pickett was painted as the bad guy because he wanted out of that mess. Kenny should have handled it better but I do not blame him for wanting out.
Tomlins’ ceiling is what we’ve seen the past dozen years here. Just above mediocrity enough to be stuck in the middle.
Never good enough to compete with the elite and never bad enough to dwell with the dregs.
It’s a crappy place to be since we can never draft our next franchise QB or really compete for a SB.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think you you put it this way:
Coach A. took over a team that had won a championship two years previously and retained most of the talent and coaching staff. They won another championship and reached another game since then. Upon rebuilding the team they had one foray into a Conference championship with the HOF QB still in place and a boatload of offensive talent and solid line. Every year since then the team has won as many or slightly more than it has lost but has not sniffed real contending. Should that coach be on the hot seat. Yes or No.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Yes, I think so. Hell, look at Belicheck and Andy Reid. Great success at NE and Philly respectively but both got shown the door.
Doug Pederson in Philly. Wins a SB and what, three seasons later, gone.
Why is this guy Tomlin so special?

xjx

Reaction score
He's a great bullshitter.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Willie is spot on. It's just stuff we've already been saying for years on here.

Chad is ignorant on the subject and used to being substandard as a Bengal.
Ocho never played for Coach Cool Shades.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you you put it this way:
Coach A. took over a team that had won a championship two years previously and retained most of the talent and coaching staff. They won another championship and reached another game since then. Upon rebuilding the team they had one foray into a Conference championship with the HOF QB still in place and a boatload of offensive talent and solid line. Every year since then the team has won as many or slightly more than it has lost but has not sniffed real contending. Should that coach be on the hot seat. Yes or No.

YES, but for more than just win / loss record.

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Yes, I think so. Hell, look at Belicheck and Andy Reid. Great success at NE and Philly respectively but both got shown the door.
Doug Pederson in Philly. Wins a SB and what, three seasons later, gone.
Why is this guy Tomlin so special?
Because he's in Pgh where the Rooneys think length of service for a head coach is a badge of honor. Can they possibly mention it more often?