• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Will Deshaun Watson get a Ben Roethlisberger-style Punishment, or a Pass?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
They'll be back after the midterm elections.

I'm beginning to think that the longer this drags out without a ruling, the better it may be for Watson, the league just trying to find a way to save face in the process.
Oh it most certainly is… they wanted to punt this to an arbitration judge so they could fumble the case and make it go away… hoston just settled with 30 women for providing him the rooms to do it… i assure you there was most certainly a nda in those settlements so they cant talk about it… when this dies off it will fade away unless one of the women makes a big deal out of it and doesn’t settle with him…

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The "me too" movement is just another far-left Soros-funded deal. They rarely, if ever, go after people on the left and they are only around when elections and politics are involved.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the thing here. Houston settled with 30 women. Watson settled with 24 and counting. There is just no way the NFL can let this slide with minimal suspensions, fines, and loss of many top picks. This is one of the biggest "conduct detrimental to the league" cases we have ever witnessed. If they do, these "women's organizations" should be all over this if they were anything more than just political machines. Then again, they let Kraft slide again, so...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Currently there is no suspension so WATSON can show up for training camp and set the world on fire with his $230 mil play.

I'd think at this point in time the Browns are pretty happy.!

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Let's see suspend a guy for six games for taking drugs to heal and this Watson character slaps all women fans in the face and zero, nota, nothing done except millions of dollars contact. This has become the NFL way of life.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see suspend a guy for six games for taking drugs to heal and this Watson character slaps all women fans in the face and zero, nota, nothing done except millions of dollars contact. This has become the NFL way of life.
suspend another for one season for gambling in a game he wasnt playing at

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I hope every game he actually plays in for the rest of time, somebody chucks a dildo on the field at him lol

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
The "me too" movement is just another far-left Soros-funded deal. They rarely, if ever, go after people on the left and they are only around when elections and politics are involved.

There's one other time they show up and it's when they can gain clout. They could gain a ton of clout by protesting an NFL team and forcing them to

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Watson is the only QB in history that practices taking the snap and he's the one who bends over

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe Watson should practice playing center so someone can tickle his taint…since that’s what he’s supposedly into these days…hut hut hike

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
With camp opening in a couple of days, the league is taking their sweet time on a decision.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
With camp opening in a couple of days, the league is taking their sweet time on a decision.
The league has no control over when the decision is made. It's being handled by an outside arbitrator.
The league/Goodell will only get a say in the punishment if one side appeals the punishment handed out by the arbitrator.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The league has no control over when the decision is made. It's being handled by an outside arbitrator.
The league/Goodell will only get a say in the punishment if one side appeals the punishment handed out by the arbitrator.

I think the power was taken away from the "rog" durring the new CBA. It's a panell of three that hear and decide punishment.

Although there is claim the NFL has no input I gaurantee yaz there is always influence from the GREED MACHINE.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I think the power was taken away from the "rog" durring the new CBA. It's a panell of three that hear and decide punishment.

Although there is claim the NFL has no input I gaurantee yaz there is always influence from the GREED MACHINE.

Salute the nation
Yep Tge Rog can’t be implicated in horrible suspensions or the lack thereof anymore

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep Tge Rog can’t be implicated in horrible suspensions or the lack thereof anymore

Even though there hasn't been a conviction and many allegations have been with-drawn........ this panell is taking it's sweet time on anything.

Ben had 2 alligations with DTF girl changinf her story durring police interview yet 6 games reduced to 4.

Watson hasn't even made the Commissioner's exempt list !!! Nothing about Huston supplying motel rooms on & on & on........

The NFL influence is still present once the cover of darkness is lifted.

Salute the nation

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
6 games… he’s getting off easy

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Way easy… no additional fine, so he gets 45,655,000 in cash this year as compensation between salary and bonuses, yet will only lose, 353,000 in missed paychecks…

To put that into perspective, that is the equivalent of a person making 50,000 paying 386.53 to get six weeks off of work yet still pocketing the other 49613.47 that year…

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
BS, but it is what it is. I'm sure opposing fan will let them know when on the road.

Thought I read that there are 4 complaints that haven't settled, and no interest in the cash to shut up. If so, I hope they pursue their charges.

Reactions: GMC

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Good times to be a sex predator apparently. (As long as you have the pay out money and the greed machine covering you)

Lambert58

Reaction score
Good times to be a sex predator apparently. (As long as you have the pay out money and the greed machine covering you)
Joey B is proud.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Goodell and the NFL better shut their damn mouths about womens issues. They just showed that it’s all virtue signaling. Same with the media. There are so many female sports media now that are also likely going to let this slide. I bet 6 games is even less than what Watson and the Browns were expecting. It’s a joke.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't even call it a slap on the wrist. It's more like a pat on top the head. There, there, Deshaun. You'll do better next time. This is a complete disgrace for the NFL and still not seeing the "me too" folks show up shows how political an organization they truly are.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Goodell and the NFL better shut their damn mouths about womens issues. They just showed that it’s all virtue signaling. Same with the media. There are so many female sports media now that are also likely going to let this slide. I bet 6 games is even less than what Watson and the Browns were expecting. It’s a joke.
I thought an independent arbitrator made this suspension. The NFL can appeal.