• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Will Deshaun Watson get a Ben Roethlisberger-style Punishment, or a Pass?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I just don't see how he gets less than a year. If he wants to point at Roethlisberger as the precedent then I don't see how he can't get a minimum of 24 games with the possibility of 16 with good behavior.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just read an article that NFL is saying possibly a 12 game suspention with a 10 mil fine, essentiualy a year's worth of game salary.

Watson's proposal is 6-8 games and a 5 mil fine.

In any event I just hope this thing doesn't go away for either one as both are handling it badly.

Salute the nation

Frosty

Reaction score

Adam Schefter

2m ·

Breaking: NFL and NFLPA reached agreement on an 11-game suspension for Browns QB Deshaun Watson, per sources. The settlement also includes a fine of $5 million that will go to charity. Deal still is not signed but it is agreed to.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I seriously

Adam Schefter

2m ·

Breaking: NFL and NFLPA reached agreement on an 11-game suspension for Browns QB Deshaun Watson, per sources. The settlement also includes a fine of $5 million that will go to charity. Deal still is not signed but it is agreed to.
hope that womens groups protest the **** out of every single browns game this year… like i hope his Browns debut they make it rain condoms and tampons or something

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If he repeat offends I hope the woman/women sue the NFL for billions and then gets their non-profit status thrown out.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
NFL once more a lot of talk and no action. More punishment for hits in a game, drugs to heal faster so you can play, interference by an owner than one called a predator by the NFL commissioner. Hypocrites called NFL.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The 11 games seem like an odd number. I think 16 minimum but thats just me.

The money side is WAY to low. It should have been the (low ball contract) full year pay PLUS 1/2 the year's average signing bonus.

I think I will go into "under the rug" sweeping broom salesman and land the NFL / NFLPA / Owners as my #1 clients....!!!!

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The 11 games seem like an odd number. I think 16 minimum but thats just me.

The money side is WAY to low. It should have been the (low ball contract) full year pay PLUS 1/2 the year's average signing bonus.

I think I will go into "under the rug" sweeping broom salesman and land the NFL / NFLPA / Owners as my #1 clients....!!!!

Salute the nation
It was 12 weeks with one a bye week

xjx

Reaction score
Female football fans everywhere want to see him get crunched in his very first game.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Still a crappy decision, but better than it was. Hopefully the women he hasn't settled with will sue him in civil court or wherever. Meanwhile, the clowns didn't see this coming AND stupidly let Mayfield go...still the Factory of Sadness - a well earned title.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
11 games and $5 million is still just a slap on the wrist. Minimum should have been an entire season. I hope he never gets "it" back when he does play again. He's one player I will have no problem rooting against.

xjx

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the last full season he played, he only won 4 games.

Stewey

Reaction score
Maybe it will be 12 games after all. He'll return when they play the Texans. I wonder if they'll sit him out. Probably not.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Maybe it will be 12 games after all. He'll return when they play the Texans. I wonder if they'll sit him out. Probably not.
Oh the Brownsish scenarios I am envisioning… the Watsonless browns, hanging in the past playoff spot, reinstall Watson and lose out

The Watsonless browns are way out of contention by week 13 and are getting pummeled in PR so they hold him out for tge rest of tge season and he gets pissed and demands a trade..

The Watsonless browns have a really bad year and finish in the bottom part of the draft, skipping drafting a qb because tgey have Watson, just to see a couple of the guys become franchise QBs, then Watson gets nailed again….

Sometimes you have to let Karma play its hand…

Stewey

Reaction score
Oh the Brownsish scenarios I am envisioning… the Watsonless browns, hanging in the past playoff spot, reinstall Watson and lose out

The Watsonless browns are way out of contention by week 13 and are getting pummeled in PR so they hold him out for tge rest of tge season and he gets pissed and demands a trade..

The Watsonless browns have a really bad year and finish in the bottom part of the draft, skipping drafting a qb because tgey have Watson, just to see a couple of the guys become franchise QBs, then Watson gets nailed again….

Sometimes you have to let Karma play its hand…
I love the way you envision!

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope the Browns are stuck with 50 years of losing seasons and their sewer system backs up into the locker rooms

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic!

I don’t ever wish for someone to get hurt…. But it would suck when the Browns have to eat this guys huge contract because his ******* swells up

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Anyone see his presser? He basically said he was innocent and that apology was just for tge people affected by the situation… he did nothing wrong

This guy is 100% going to do something similar again and get busted for it… he doesn’t understand that treating unwilling women as sexual targets is wrong