• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Will Ben get to another lwoB repuS?

johngaenzler

Reaction score
I thought the answer was yes until today. Not with this coaching staff. We are the opposite of the Patriots whereby we consistently play below our talent level while the Patriots are rarely embarassed on the field and consistently win with average players and backups in many positions. I hate the Patriots and Belichck but you can't say he isn't the best coach in the league...

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like it. We are getting worse with better talent.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Nope. Not without a dominate D and run game and they have neither.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'd just like to make the playoffs.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not with the current head coach. / correct answer.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Overreaction Sunday, right here. After the Jets, Chiefs games they should've handed us the Lombardi but now we're never winning another. Our HOF QB sure did suck for most of the game when he was given opportunities.

6Rings

Reaction score
He is done. No need to spend money in the off-season for these kind of results. We need to beef up our O-line , and DL. Get a fullback, and take it back to the oldskool. We have bought into the hype...

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Not if we continue to underachieve and regress

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd just like to make the playoffs.

really? with the talent we have at QB at RB at WR that is good enough?

you have a SB contending QB with a head coach that holds this team back.

Just being happy making the playoffs, isn't doing this talent justice.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Overreaction Sunday, right here. After the Jets, Chiefs games they should've handed us the Lombardi but now we're never winning another. Our HOF QB sure did suck for most of the game when he was given opportunities.

Overreacting or identifying a alarming trend?

Nobody should want this trend to continue.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
really? with the talent we have at QB at RB at WR that is good enough?

you have a SB contending QB with a head coach that holds this team back.

Just being happy making the playoffs, isn't doing this talent justice.

At this point of this season, yes. If they keep playing at the rate they are, they'll struggle to win the division. They should be running away with things right now and be challenging for a No. 1 seed and aren't.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
But ain't BEN himself contributing to inconsistencies?....he plays well in spurts. We don't need that....we need steady...He is Nowhere near the caliber of Brady for a large window comparison. Those 5 TD games come about 20 percent of the season. I'd rather him avg 2 TD tosses a game and be consistent with it and play smart.

Defense gets the game ball today.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
At this point of this season, yes. If they keep playing at the rate they are, they'll struggle to win the division. They should be running away with things right now and be challenging for a No. 1 seed and aren't.
say they justtttttttttt manage to break 500, when is enough enough?

when is mediocre coaching challenged? or replaced?

after Ben is gone - retired?

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Y'all weren't talking about Tomlin at 4 and 1 this season...y'all wasn't saying much at all after beating the striped Gremlin Pussycats in Cincy and heading to Denver for the divisional round.

Bipolar disorder runs amuck around here it seems

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Y'all weren't talking about Tomlin at 4 and 1 this season...y'all wasn't saying much at all after beating the striped Gremlin Pussycats in Cincy and heading to Denver for the divisional round.

Bipolar disorder runs amuck around here it seems

It's actually pretty consistent because the Steelers issues are consistent. As time goes by, the momentum against him will increase because it'll be seen as another missed opportunity with a franchise quarterback and two of the best offensive weapons in the NFL.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Not even close to being a overreaction Sunday. Three in a row, two games we looked as if we had no idea a game was going on till it was to late. Yes we all had the Tomlin when will happen syndrome after 4-1, waiting for the dreaded playing a team we should beat and then look like fools on the field. Guess what here we are after a bye week as if the players went to the beach instead of getting ready for what we all thought a team the Steelers hated, I saw no hate or desire on anything. Maybe our players just don't understand Tomlin wisdom of a hostile environment.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben was a major part of the reason we lost today. He missed a lot of throws. That said, they ran a conservative, vanilla offense for three quarters. The offense they run with Landry Jones. It's one thing to run regardless of look, and ask Jones to play check down. It's another to ask Ben to do it, he just isn't wired to take what the defense gives him. Today's offense was embarrassing. The ST coach should be fired at least for a worse than MS level performance today too. And as bad as all of that is, our division is ***, so we can get into the playoff's. If we're healthy I'll take my chances.

mdk2

Reaction score
No, he will not. If all games could be played in Pittsburgh, then he would have a chance.
Unfortunately, he must go and play well on road occasionally. Unfortunately, Ben has been absolutely terrible in road games for quite some time. When it comes to road games, he might not even be a top 10 QB.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
You can spell out Super Bowl, it no longer matters. With Tomlin as head coach Ben will struggle through his final years without sniffing another one. And we lose to Dallas next week in a blowout. How many times did they run Bell up the middle for no or minimal gain yet they did it over and over. How many times have we seen no adjustments whatsoever coming out for the second half. Two late touchdowns to make the game look close when it really wasn't. I really thought at halftime that 10 points was all the Ravens would need.

Stlrs4Life

Forefather
Reaction score
Hell no he isn't winning another one.