• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why the Steelers Should and Will Draft a Running Back in Round 1

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Its a bad value regardless... they got a solid starting workhorse back without game breaking speed.... you can find that throughout the draft and udfa.... this was a short term selection ... first round picks should solidify a spot for an era... not a couple years .... again drafting 1st round rbs isn’t historically how to win super bowls... they should have just traded down especially since they were going to gamble with most of the picks
right because this team is on the cusp, CUSP, of that 7th superbowl trophy. enjoy the ******* pick debbie downer.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
right because this team is on the cusp, CUSP, of that 7th superbowl trophy. enjoy the ******* pick debbie downer.
I mean either A. We are in contention this year and he helps us win one.... which is amazing and then good job FO.... (but there is absolutely no empirical proof that having a high end first round type rb actually matters for winning a superbowl)or we aren’t winning and have to rebuild, in which case blowing a first round pick on a player that isn’t likely to have more than five good years pushes the timeframe for them to be competitive back.....

I just think trading down and getting more pieces was way better than taking a glamor name RB high...

Rbs aren’t valuable.... you shouldn’t put too much into the position... build a kick *** line with a solid system and who runs behind it won’t matter....

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean either A. We are in contention this year and he helps us win one.... which is amazing and then good job FO.... (but there is absolutely no empirical proof that having a high end first round type rb actually matters for winning a superbowl)or we aren’t winning and have to rebuild, in which case blowing a first round pick on a player that isn’t likely to have more than five good years pushes the timeframe for them to be competitive back.....

I just think trading down and getting more pieces was way better than taking a glamor name RB high...

Rbs aren’t valuable.... you shouldn’t put too much into the position... build a kick *** line with a solid system and who runs behind it won’t matter....
I get it