• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who Would You Rather Play in The SB?

Who Would You Rather Play in The SB?

• Total voters

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, save the post that says, "don't look past the Pats". Nobody is looking past anybody, but just as we all rooted for Houston to beat New England last week because it would mean an easier opponent for the Steelers down the line, we will all be rooting for either Atlanta or Green Bay for the same reasons.

That goes for any lurking Pats fan who may link this thread claiming Steeler fans are looking past the Pats, OUTRAGE OUTRAGE, I'm Wicked Pissed

Also, this thread will have no impact on the game

If anything, i'd actually be a bit worried the Steelers could let down a bit if they beat the Pats since the Pats get hyped up to be the greatest team ever.

Here's the stats

Offense
Green Bay 8 Overall - Pass 7 - Rush 20 - Points 4 (27 ppg)
Atlanta 2 Overall - Pass 3 - Rush 5 - Points 1 (33.8 ppg)

Defense
Green Bay 22 Overall - Pass 31 - Rush 8 - Points 21st (24.3 ppg)
Atlanta 25 Overall - Pass 28 - Rush 17 - Points 27th (25.4 ppg)

Similar teams. Both have great offenses and suspect defenses. Aaron Rodgers is an X factor with his mobility but Atlanta has more playmakers in Julio Jones and their RB duo of speed backs Freeman and Coleman

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I want a win on Sunday and I'll worry about who we play for our 7th Super Bowl then.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Falcons...Rodgers mobility and throwing on the run will torch us. Plus Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I'd probably rather face the Falcons. Rodgers is just so scorching hot and (as mentioned above) his ability to create an explosive play with his mobility even when the defense has seemingly "won" the down is terrifying.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Falcons because that D is the weakest left IMO....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Dallas.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
Both defenses are hot garbage. Coin flip for me.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously not looking past the *s but luckily I'm not on the team so it doesn't matter what I talk about

So anyway -- for revenge purposes, I'd rather give one back to Green Bay. We owe them

For which I think is a better matchup for the Steelers, I'd rather face Atlanta. Bottom line is that Matt Ryan doesn't scare me the way Rodgers does.

GRBman

Reaction score
Both defenses are hot garbage. Coin flip for me.

Dang, do you want to face the hottest QB in the NFL or the 2nd hottest QB in the NFL??? poison either way. Both NFC teams are going to put points on the board...only a matter of which defense you'd rather face...

Atlanta has a real defense. Falcons have loaded up on a lot of youth with SPEED...

Green Bay is missing a lot of players, I'd rather the offense play against GB. ..

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I'm hoping for the field blowing up in the NFCC, destroying both teams. The Steelers beat the Pats and share the championship with the 2 blown up NFC teams. We all get Lombardies except the Pats. **** em, they deserve nothing, those cheating *****!!

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
If I want the easier win, I take the Falcons. Ryan does not scare me, Rodgers definitely does.

If I want revenge, a better game, and legacy, I choose the Packers. We owe them, both are on awesome win streaks, and "Ben beating Rodgers" would be the storyline because media.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
If I want the easier win, I take the Falcons. Ryan does not scare me, Rodgers definitely does.

If I want revenge, a better game, and legacy, I choose the Packers. We owe them, both are on awesome win streaks, and "Ben beating Rodgers" would be the storyline because media.

agreed. Atlanta would be easier but GB would be the better game

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I picked Atlanta!its only because if god forbid the Steelers lost the game Atlanta has never won the big show and they're not total *********.

SteveA

Reaction score
I want the best....Green Bay....Plus we want another shot at em....

And for the 20th time.....PLEASE TODD HALEY & BEN WATCH FILM OF HOW GREEN BAY USED ALL THEM WIDE-OUTS IN 2011....And do the same WITH BELL AS A SAFETY VALVE