• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

When a 38 yr. old is your highlight player

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How many ******* "skys can fall" Whoooly moooley, the sky if falling.......AGAIN !!!!!! Relax, have a homebrew and chill a little. It was the first pre-season game. I gues we are tied with CLEVELAND at 0-1 in pre-season. Somke players showed spark, others showed where they need to improve. EXACTLY what is suppose to happen in PRE-SEASON.

Salute the nation

diver

Reaction score
When a 38 year old is your highlight player you tip your hat to him and realize how lucky you are to have seen one of the best LBs ever play his career on your team. Thanks again Silverback.

That's right. What if the 38 year old is just that good? In this case, he is. He might be better than many OLB in the NFL when he is 50.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Other than the typical ****** special teams play that's been an issue for twenty plus years I never take much from these early games. Game three, that's your dress rehearsal. All I want these first two games is no injuries to starters.

Yeh, what's up with that. Do ya mean there's no young coach out there with some fire and knowledge that can out coach a 62 yo career special teams guy?. Maybe ole Danny s' losin' his desire or just ridin' the trail till retirement comes along but either way it looks like Tombert got no desire to kick him loose.

As coach:

Edinboro (1976)... Graduate assistant
Central Catholic H.S. (1977–1978... Defensive backs coach
Clemson (1979)...Graduate assistant
William & Mary (1980–1983.... Assistant
The Citadel (1984–1986)...Assistant
Georgia Tech (1987–1994)... Running backs coach, wide receivers coach & defensive backs coach
Philadelphia Eagles (1995–1998)....Special teams coach & defensive backs coach
Detroit Lions (1999–2000)
Tight ends coach...Buffalo Bills (2001–2003)...Special teams coach
Washington Redskins (2004–2012)...Special teams coach...
Pittsburgh Steelers (2013–present)... Special teams coordinator

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was Bobby Love who was our last decent ST coach. Long time ago, when Bill Cohwer was still young.

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Yeh, what's up with that. Do ya mean there's no young coach out there with some fire and knowledge that can out coach a 62 yo career special teams guy?. Maybe ole Danny s' losin' his desire or just ridin' the trail till retirement comes along but either way it looks like Tombert got no desire to kick him loose.

ST's have been better since he's been here but sucky ST's have been a Steeler tradition since the days of Chuck Noll.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Do you mean Bobby April?
Probably meant Buddy Love.

buddylove.jpg

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you mean Bobby April?

ABSOLUTELY right. Bobby April, not sure where I got the love, but I'll spread it around none the less!!!!!! Thanks man.

Salute the nation

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Think it lends to his legacy that he continues to perform at a high level. I didn't think James was a HOF player before, now I've changed my mind. I think he is HOF worthy and should get some serious consideration. He's just a bad dude on the football field.