• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What's the latest on the 20 million dollar man?

steelhurt

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Green and if he'll be activated for this weeks Dallas game?

Also what about Justin Gilbert? Did he even see the field last week against the rats?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Green said he's ready to go, but it's up to coach.
Gilbert I believe was deactivated and Shabazz, a CB, was activated in his place, so looks like we traded another draft pick for a CB that will barely play like boykin

steelhurt

Reaction score
****! I was thinking the same ******* thing Tom. I don't get this thinking at all. It had been reported that Gilbert was having a good camp for the Browns. We trade for him and here we go again, he sits. A no 8 pick just two years ago and he can't see the field here? Instead they opt for a Sha baz! I don't get it.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Green was limited in practice yesterday. The spreadsheet is always up to date and stickied at the top of the football forum.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this Green's last week to be added to the active roster or go on IR, or is it next week?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this Green's last week to be added to the active roster or go on IR, or is it next week?

Technically he started on a Tuesday, so he has until 11/15 to be activated.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Shazz got a hat 'cos he's a better ST player.

being a #8 pick by the Stains buys you what cred, exactly?

none....noner than none.

About the same amount of cred as being a #1 pick of the Stains.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Shazz got a hat 'cos he's a better ST player.

being a #8 pick by the Stains buys you what cred, exactly?

none....noner than none.

Then why the **** even trade for him then? Oh ya, that's what we do right? Just like Boykin! ******* genius!

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I liked Gilbert on returns. Obviously the guy has some talent so let him play and see what happens. I do not understand why we pick up these guys and then the sit on the bench or are deactivated.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I liked Gilbert on returns. Obviously the guy has some talent so let him play and see what happens. I do not understand why we pick up these guys and then the sit on the bench or are deactivated.

wouldn't be to bad if we didn't give up draft picks for them.

steelhurt

Reaction score

Exactly my point Jitter. To Tom's point about giving up draft picks for guys who languish on the bench. We all know around here how valuable draft picks are. They're like gold but we trade them for guys that do what for us? I don't get it! I do not remember this way of doing things before Tomlin got here. Our F/A signings were significant then but seem to suck now. Mitchell, Cam Thomas, Green. This has gotten ridiculous.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
vs Dallas we need Gilbert on Beasley. I sweer if Golden is the SS I better see all game long Davis over the top on the side Dez is just like we used to have Ty Carter over the top vs Ocho and opposing team burners.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Gilbert has been used when they specifically draw up a game plan and like to use him. He's under contract next year too.

Green took first team reps today so I expect him to be activated on Saturday and play Sunday.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Gilbert has been used when they specifically draw up a game plan and like to use him. He's under contract next year too.

Green took first team reps today so I expect him to be activated on Saturday and play Sunday.

I truely hope this is the case about green. We could have used him earlier in the season but NOW is the most desperate we need him. I hope he is ready and willing to do the need.

Salute the nation

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
WTF? just saw quotes from Green that he's ready and prepared to go but Tomlin still hasn't talked to him about playing or coming off the PUP list? It's two days before the game, Wheaton and Bey are out and we or Green doesn't know if he's playing yet???

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Just read the practice report on page of the paper not dare be mentioned, allegedly he went through a full practice and is fine. I have a feeling his name will be added to the active roster tomorrow and be active Sunday afternoon. It's going to be Brown and a bunch of scrubs so...yeah, they definitely need him.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Green practiced in full all week again and wasn't dropping balls left and right, then they have to activate him and give him some playing time. If the dude has the speed he used to have, he will be a nightmare to cover and will open things up for AB and others on the ends. Our current tight ends aren't really stepping up and commanding much attention down the middle of the field.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If Green practiced in full all week again and wasn't dropping balls left and right, then they have to activate him and give him some playing time. If the dude has the speed he used to have, he will be a nightmare to cover and will open things up for AB and others on the ends. Our current tight ends aren't really stepping up and commanding much attention down the middle of the field.

Yep. The rest of the tight ends are fringe No. 2 options and lean closer to 3s and 4s.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Green has been activated