• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What would you rather?

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
On Sunday, I just smiled when I wanted something good to happen...and it did.
A forced smile but a smile.

Maybe I am on to something.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Another 1 and done Playoff appearance or the 6 better draft spot pick?
I understand what you're saying about the future with the draft (and also the tougher schedule as 448 mentioned -- that never even entered my mind), but were you actually rooting for a tie along with Chris Collingsworth? Higher picks in April would have been a palatable consolation prize, but as a diehard Steelers fan, by nature I found myself hoping and praying that the Raiders would somehow end up in scoring position and win that game.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying about the future with the draft (and also the tougher schedule as 448 mentioned -- that never even entered my mind), but were you actually rooting for a tie along with Chris Collingsworth? Higher picks in April would have been a palatable consolation prize, but as a diehard Steelers fan, by nature I found myself hoping and praying that the Raiders would somehow end up in scoring position and win that game.
It was just a question. Personall, I believe they will lose, and that I would rather have the higher draft pick a loss or two would have given them.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
It was just a question. Personall, I believe they will lose, and that I would rather have the higher draft pick a loss or two would have given them.
Interesting. So...you were hoping that the Ravens would win last Sunday, then? Even when it was clear that the Colts were going to lose? Just curious.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. So...you were hoping that the Ravens would win last Sunday, then? Even when it was clear that the Colts were going to lose? Just curious.
I actually do believe picking 8-10 spots sooner would benefit the team more THIS year than another 1st round playoff loss.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Definitely playoffs. Like most said the draft is a crap shoot. Factor in this is probably Bens last year and would rather see him at least have a go in the playoffs.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
oldest ****** argument in the books: "im a better/bigger fan than you because,,,,,, ( )
I don't know who you're referring to, exactly, but I wasn't arguing anything, just asking MT a few questions. Because I felt the same way he did until there was a real chance of the Steelers actually making the playoffs. If it's all right with you.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't know who you're referring to, exactly, but I wasn't arguing anything, just asking MT a few questions. Because I felt the same way he did until there was a real chance of the Steelers actually making the playoffs. If it's all right with you.
I was wrecked. No hard feelings.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Only ****** teams think about playing ****** for draft picks. Then they pick ****** draft picks or have ****** coaching and development and remain ****** anyway.

I call it the loser sports mentality.

You can reference a great many teams who repeat this very cycle every year.

I'll take a winning culture with great coaches who are great teachers&tacticians over draft picks any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Without them you're going to remain ****** or mediocre anyway regardless of whatever high first round talent you ruin.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take a winning culture with great coaches who are great teachers&tacticians over draft picks any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Without them you're going to remain ****** or mediocre anyway regardless of whatever high first round talent you ruin.
Since the Steelers do not have those, they need higher quality talent. The team has to be able to win in spite of the piss poor Owner, HC, OC, DC .........

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Always root for tge playoffs because anything can happen…. You only root for losses when the team is eliminated. If we were picking in the top 15 we’d reach for a guy anyhow…. Might as well get that 2nd round talent as low in the first as possible lol