• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What the hell is Jade Helm and why should I be aware of it?

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
They're not trying it in the northeast.

There's no real need to try any command and control exercises when the Dems are wall to wall.

uJvwtiF.png

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
There's no real need to try any command and control exercises when the Dems are wall to wall.

uJvwtiF.png

When my wife asked the Grade 1 teacher at the local school what the most important thing was that Kindergarten taught kids, she said: "to line up quickly". No joke.

Reason #265 why my kids are homeschooled.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army...rmist-claims-about-upcoming-exercise-1.335949

WASHINGTON — U.S. Army Special Operations Command is pushing back against alarmist claims that an upcoming U.S. military exercise is a preparation for imposing martial law or subduing right-leaning groups and individuals.

Conspiracy theories about the exercise, known as JADE HELM 15, appeared online this week. Some commentators railing against the event referred to an online slide show allegedly created by USASOC, which outlined a special operations exercise slated to take place across multiple states, outside the confines of U.S. military bases. In the slide show, a map of the southwest region of the United States labels Texas and other territory as “hostile” or “insurgent pocket.” The document also refers to coordination with law enforcement agencies.

Officials at USASOCM were not able to immediately verify the authenticity of the slide show because their computer firewalls prevented them from accessing the websites where the document appeared.

Army Lt. Col. Mark Lastoria, a USASOC spokesman, confirmed that there is an upcoming exercise called Jade Helm 15 which is scheduled to take place this summer at locations in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, California and Nevada. But he denied the event is preparation for some sort of military takeover.

“That notion was proposed by a few individuals who are unfamiliar with how and why USASOC conducts training exercises,” he said in an email. “This exercise is routine training to maintain a high level of readiness for Army Special Operations Forces because they must be ready to support potential missions anywhere in the world on a moment’s notice.”

He said the only thing unique about this particular exercise, which is slated to take place between July 15 and Sept. 15, is “the use of new challenging terrain” which was chosen because it is similar to conditions special operations forces operate in overseas.

Lastoria said coordination with local law enforcement is necessary for safety reasons because some of the training will take place outside of military bases where civilian agencies have jurisdiction.

He said his office has been receiving a lot of calls from people who heard about the exercise and are concerned about “the nature of the training objectives.”

What about all the former SpecOps soldiers who have retired and say this is highly irregular?

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
The force we train to be the best in the world, ready to accept any military challenge, are all afraid of Bubba.

30,000,000 gun owners outnumber the all the standing military and all of their reserve components.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The force we train to be the best in the world, ready to accept any military challenge, are all afraid of Yinzers.

Fixed it for you.

What about all the former SpecOps soldiers who have retired and say this is highly irregular?
They are obviously suffering from PTSD and need to have their guns confiscated.

Last edited:

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I wonder what Vis's reaction will be when they send him to one of the "camps" along with the rest of us because he's not liberal enough?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I wonder what Vis's reaction will be when they send him to one of the "camps" along with the rest of us because he's not liberal enough?
Gonna be funny when camp is a Wal-Mart parking lot surrounded by barbed wire fence and guard towers.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
what's going on in baltimore couldn't possibly be a "test" could it?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
what's going on in baltimore couldn't possibly be a "test" could it?

This is WHY they're doing Jade Helm, but again Bomma is barking up the wrong tree and practicing among red state white people. He hasn't said jack **** about this and it's only up the road from D.C.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Obummer and his liberal hippie commie bullshit aint real popular down here.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
They picked specific terrains.

Vis, I hate to break it to you but the military trains in all types of terrains already. Before deployment to Afghanistan, Iraq, etc armed forces personnel are pre-deployed to specific locations to acclimate personnel to conditions and they run through training excersizes specific to their missions. I had cold weather training in Bodo, Norway for instance for a specific operation in a very cold part of the world. I flew from MIldenhall England to Bodo and I trained along side Marines (I was Air Force) for two weeks on a host Military base.

Why would military personnel need to train amongst the populous in cities and towns when they already have Hollywood studio sets built in God foresaken places to conduct door kicking excersizes? It just doesn't make sense. Especially when you factor in risks of injury, fear, confusion, and panic amoungst the potatos (civilian **** heads). If I'm at Walmart and a bunch of armed men raid it (unmarked and not identified verbally) I'm going to head for an exit with my family and kill anyone that decides to get in my way. These could be just Mil personnel training but how am I to know that? Too many risks.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
As I read it they are going to be trespassing on private properties and defy anyone to do anything about it. Yes, this should end well.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds totally legit, thank god you far righters have a grip on the situation and can stay ahead of it. Please come save the rest of us from the camps, or at least send in some food/water or something, when this all goes down.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds totally legit, thank god you far righters have a grip on the situation and can stay ahead of it. Please come save the rest of us from the camps, or at least send in some food/water or something, when this all goes down.

you libs can fend for yourselves, I'm sure ol Uncle Sammyboy is happy to oblige :)

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score

Ask the Second generation Japanese Americans if the government would ever just round up groups of US citizens and imprison them in concentration camps....

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Ask the Second generation Japanese Americans if the government would ever just round up groups of US citizens and imprison them in concentration camps....
Ok then, please describe the situation currently in 2015 that would parallel that of WWII, ie which nation is on the verge of attacking us and which nationality of US citizens may feel threatened by something like this? The closest thing I can come up with are ISIS/Al Queda terrorist groups, and their friends and families, so I guess most at risk here would be hard-core muslim fanatics living in the States. I get the sense you guys wouldn't have much of a problem with rounding up these folks - even if they happen to be U.S. citizens - am I wrong? Or perhaps US citizens with Russian ancestry? (In the case Putin does something irrational and stupid like waging war on us). Or North Koreans? I'm trying to see the logic here and how and why law abiding U.S. citizens should be concerned about our military holding training exercises...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Muslims have a pretty good track record of terrorist attacks on our soil. Russians don't. N Koreans don't because they're not allowed to leave their country. We are rightly concerned however because those groups aren't who our President sees as the enemy.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know. A goverment that views conservatives as enemies of the state. No, nothing bad could ever come of that.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know. A goverment that views conservatives as enemies of the state. No, nothing bad could ever come of that.

And nothing ever has come bad of this. Just a couple quick obscure examples I was able to dig up:

Stalin identified certain people and parties as enemies of the state. They didn't live long enough to discuss their view on the matters much.

Non-separatist Ukranians in the war with Russia have been labeled enemies of the state. They lock their doors at night, if they still have their hands.

Adolf Hitler made all people of Jewish descent enemies of the state.

Now, Conservatives are Enemies of the State here in the USA:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/matthew-vadum/conservative-enemies-of-the-state/

Conservative Enemies of the State

Conservative organizations are “hate groups” and Tea Party supporters are potentially dangerous extremists, according to educational materials the Obama administration is using to indoctrinate members of the nation’s armed forces.

In response to a Freedom of Information Act request made by good-government group Judicial Watch, the Pentagon recently released 133 pages of lesson plans and PowerPoint slides provided by the Air Force from a January 2013 Defense Department diversity training center “student guide” entitled “Extremism.”

Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton slammed the Department of Defense documents for what he described as their bias against conservatives.

“The Obama administration has a nasty habit of equating basic conservative values with terrorism. And now, in a document full of claptrap, its Defense Department suggests that the Founding Fathers, and many conservative Americans, would not be welcome in today’s military,” said Fitton.

And it is striking that some of the language in this new document echoes the IRS targeting language of conservative and Tea Party investigations. After reviewing this document, one can’t help but worry for the future and morale of our nation’s armed forces.

The DoD materials not only take aim at modern conservative groups but label America’s Founding Fathers as extremists who would be unfit to serve in today’s military.

The teaching guide advises that instead of “dressing in sheets,” radicals today “will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.” American patriots who fought for Independence from the United Kingdom in the 1700s are identified as adhering to “extremist ideologies.”

“In U.S. history, there are many examples of extremist ideologies and movements,” the document states. “The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule and the Confederate states who sought to secede from the Northern states are just two examples.”

This language mirrors what the public is now being fed by the mainstream media. The term “neo-Confederate” is increasingly used by journalists and leftists as an epithet to smear anyone who doesn’t long for an all-powerful federal government unconstrained by the Constitution.

For example, MSNBC contributor Joy Reid said a few days ago that supporters of the Second Amendment draw their inspiration from the antebellum, slave-holding South. “There’s this sort of neo-Confederate thread that runs through this pro-gun movement and NRA movement,” she said in a discussion about gun control.

The DoD teaching guide treats Islamic terrorism as insignificant, ignoring, for example, the murder spree committed by self-described “soldier of Allah,” U.S. Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan, at Fort Hood in 2009. The guide references Islamic extremism only in passing and doesn’t provide a precise definition for extremism. “[W]hile not all extremist groups are hate groups, all hate groups are extremist groups,” it states.

Curiously, at times the materials blather on almost incomprehensibly, using psychobabble to alert soldiers to the supposed perils posed by extremists.

The materials repeatedly refer to extremists as “haters,” an urban colloquialism that appears in hip hop music and in humorous graphic art posted on the Internet. The pseudoscientific materials also discuss the “seven stages that hate groups go through.”

It is as if the authors are winking at each other, acknowledging that what they’re writing is nonsense.

But the tone elsewhere in the teaching guide is deadly serious. It advises soldiers to rely on the Alabama-based Southern Poverty Law Center as a resource in identifying hate groups.

A 2006 report from the SPLC claimed –improbably– that “large numbers of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists are now learning the art of warfare in the [U.S.] armed forces.”

The SPLC is a leftist attack machine funded by George Soros. After it labeled the conservative Family Research Council a “hate group,” a gay rights activist shot up FRC headquarters in Washington, D.C. in a terrorist attack in 2011. FRC president Tony Perkins blamed the “hate group” designation for the attack, saying the gunman “was given a license to shoot … by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center has been at this game a long time, making money by sliming conservatives. It is so fabulously wealthy that it stashes cash in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, two of those tax haven countries the Left keeps complaining about. In addition to those foreign accounts, in its most recent publicly available tax return (for the year ended Oct. 31, 2012), the SPLC discloses gross receipts of $46.8 million that year and an absolutely astounding $256.5 million in net assets.

Many hardcore left-wingers don’t take the SPLC seriously. It was mocked by the far-left Nation magazine’s JoAnn Wypijewski who described its founder, Morris Dees, as a “millionaire huckster.”

The SPLC lumps all sorts of groups on America’s political Right together, labeling them enemies of the Republic. Conservative, libertarian, anti-tax, immigration reductionist and other groups are all viewed as legitimate targets for vilification. To the SPLC, you practice “hate” whenever you fail to genuflect with politically correct reverence before every human difference.

According to Mark Potok of the SPLC, even everyday symbols are secret amulets of hate. He describes the Gadsden flag, a yellow-colored flag that bears the phrase “Don’t tread on me” and features a coiled rattlesnake ready to strike placed above the phrase “Don’t tread on me,” is a symbol of hate that in “contemporary society [is] the flag of the militia movement.” The flag says “Don’t mess with us,” and implies, “Don’t mess with us at the point of a gun,” says Potok.

In fact the Gadsden flag, a favorite of Tea Party supporters, has been used by the U.S. Marines and Navy since 1775. In 2002 the secretary of the Navy ordered that a variation of it, the rattlesnake jack, be flown on all U.S. Navy ships for the duration of the Global War on Terror. The order has not been rescinded by the Obama administration. Perhaps Potok didn’t get the memo from his leftist friends in the White House.

Since taking office in 2009, the Obama administration has been on a relentless drive to stigmatize and delegitimize opposing points of view. The latest assault on American values comes from the same administration that instructed Department of Homeland Security officials to treat conservatives and libertarians as potential terrorists.

It’s also the same rogue regime that goes out of its way not to label actual Islamic terrorists as terrorists, that calls terrorist attacks “man-caused disasters,” and refers to the Global War on Terror as the “Overseas Contingency Operation.”

The Obama administration refuses to disavow Saudi-style blasphemy laws and issued the FBI report, “Guiding Principles: Touchstone Document on Training,” which forbids FBI agents from treating individuals associated with terrorist groups as potential threats to the nation.

Americans ought to be concerned that the newly discovered Defense Department teaching guide attempts to spread the Obama administration’s venomous hatred of conservatives to heavily armed individuals charged with defending the nation from enemies both foreign and domestic.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL

Right-wing lunatics think the military is planning to invade Texas. Here’s why.
http://www.salon.com/2015/04/30/rig...litary_is_planning_to_invade_texas_heres_why/

The Tea Party actually thinks the military is about to attack the Lone Star State. We wish we were making this up

.../...

There are many legitimate reason to criticize the U.S. government, the military and even the policies of assassinating U.S. citizens (which has happened, of course, but abroad). But this is ridiculous. There have been many, many military exercises carried out on U.S. soil by the U.S. military. Where else are they supposed to train? And just because the simulation map calls Texas “hostile” for the purpose of the exercise doesn’t mean the military really consider Texans to be enemies of the state. It’s only a war game, folks.

In his 2009 book “The Eliminationists: How Hate Talk Radicalized the American Right,” David Neiwert traced the origins of much of contemporary right-wing discourse back to the far-right fringe. It’s now made it fully into the mainstream. The governor of one of the 50 states ordered his National Guard forces to “monitor” the U.S. military to ensure they are not planning to turn Texas into Nazi Germany. This is, by the way, the same U.S. military that has 15 bases in the state of Texas.

There’s really only one thing to ask these Real American Patriots at a time like this: Why do they hate the troops so much?

Governor Vows to Defend Texas Against Insane Imaginary Obama Invasion
http://gawker.com/governor-vows-to-..._source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Texans can now proudly say that their state not only boasts the Biggest Tacos and Tallest Beers, but a governor willing to waste tax dollars on a batshit make-believe martial law conspiracy theory.

Last edited: