• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

what should Harris get this year.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
so with the additions to the line what should we expect from Harris this year?

YPC?
Total Yards?
TDs?
What do you think?

Troglodyte

Reaction score
4.2 ypc
1071 yards rushing on 255 carries
6 TDs
That looks like a repeat of last year.

I’ll guess (hope for):
320 - 1,460 - 4.6 - 10TDs
And the ypc would be even better if not for the Steelers using him to run out the clock in the final minutes of the game.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You build a team around a power run game and then you do not exercise 6th year option on your power running back. Hmmmm.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it would be 5th year option and for some reason I think today is the deadline on the option decision.

Salute the nation

bigben

Reaction score
so with the additions to the line what should we expect from Harris this year?

YPC?
Total Yards?
TDs?
What do you think?
4.6 ypc+
1200+
10+ TD
Best season of his career by a country mile, looks like the guy that played at Alabama

Fully expect this O-line and coordinator to find a way to get Najee enough time and space to get north south with a full head of steam. When he hits the proper hole and gets to full speed that is where he has had success. Should have a monster year.
He is gonna get every opportunity to have a monster season, as Mike T would love nothing more than to prove himself right drafting Harris in the 1st round.
I love old school football so I'm hoping between Harris, Warren and maybe even Fields team rushes for 2500+

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
he should score a td everytime he touches the ball

otherwise he sucks and should be cut

Steelmann

Reaction score
4.2 ypc
1071 yards rushing on 255 carries
6 TDs
I would be disappointed in those rushing yards. That for me would be average at best. Contract year….revamped Oline,supposed running game offensive mentality,just over 1000 yards in a 17 game season? First round draft choice? I expect more. Let’s hope they also utilize his pass catching abilities. I know Warren’s touches will affect Najee’s numbers,Let’s hope they both have monster years!

I would have to look up the numbers,but I’m quite sure we’ve been bottom of the league in first downs for years now. 3 and out,3 and out. Quite familiar for us. Moving the chains will increase all the numbers. It’s high time to move those chains.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Najee has been a good player for the Steelers for three seasons, a great player he is not and never will be.
I never liked the pick in the first round since I know that the position has been devalued and you can get these guys in the later rounds.
I personally would not pick up his fifth year option and try to work out a three year deal with him for beyond 2024. That would take him through the 2027 season and after that you move on. If he doesn’t want want the extension you move on after 2024 and get his replacement next year but in the later rounds.
His prime years are his first four years! That’s my take an no, I’m not a Najee hater.

bigben

Reaction score
I think you wait and see how it looks before you talk $$.

Too many unknowns. If Harris is 1.2+ ypc behind Warren for the 3rd year straight its gonna be a tough sell even if Harris approaches 5ypc and Warren is near 6. How could they justify paying Najee big and losing Warren?
Basically if they both have monster years one of them is gone. IMO

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
A revamped line is not going to necessarily translate into better numbers especially at first. We are going to have 2-3 new starters and maybe Jones going to LT. Might take a bit to gel. I'm still not sold on the blocking coach / scheme hopefully smith will be hands on in that area as well. By mid season the line should be rounded into shape.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Well, I think we hit the deadline time to pick-up Najee’s fifth year option. Anyone hear anything?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They declined a mere 6.7 million. I'm hearing like they want to get most out of him in a contract year........but if he has a health problem you are gonna get nuthin.
Najee has thrown sone subtle shade about the way the team does things which usually means you won't be around Tomlins team long.

KentuckySteeler

Reaction score
They declined a mere 6.7 million. I'm hearing like they want to get most out of him in a contract year........but if he has a health problem you are gonna get nuthin.
Najee has thrown sone subtle shade about the way the team does things which usually means you won't be around Tomlins team long.
His film is like Pickett's - misses the easy hole he should see too often similar to Pickett missing reads.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought they were gonna give him the 5th year option. Feels more and more like a wasted 1st in a RB, obviously

bigben

Reaction score
A revamped line is not going to necessarily translate into better numbers especially at first. We are going to have 2-3 new starters and maybe Jones going to LT. Might take a bit to gel. I'm still not sold on the blocking coach / scheme hopefully smith will be hands on in that area as well. By mid season the line should be rounded into shape.
Revamped line will take time to gel, but raw 1st/2nd round talent is better than what we've had, combine that with a QB upgrade(either) and a competent OC should all help. Hopefully the coaches learned from last year keeping Broderick Jones on the sideline for too long was a big mistake,
Get the Rookies on the field asap, they are the future.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’m surprised but wonder if they will try and sign him to an extension beyond this year.?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m surprised but wonder if they will try and sign him to an extension beyond this year.?
Maybe they might offer him something friendly or wait and see how he responds on the field. A win either way for the Steelers.