• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watson to Miami??

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
How does Miami even think Watson will be available this season or even possibly 1/2 (or more) of next season. If he gets JAILED it's wasted effort / trade / moneies.

Salute the nation

I would assume any deals would have contingencies. Many player deals do have clauses about playing time. Any deal would likely have to assume Watson missing this year and at least half of next. I would also think any type of conviction of a sex crime would void Watson's contract.

So, it could actually end up being a great deal for whoever gets Watson. The draft picks could be lower if he misses time and Watson may be forced to take a much lower contract at least for a few seasons while he proves he can stay out of trouble and play at a high level again.

It could also be a good deal for a coach and GM on the hot seat. Imagine you trade for him this year. You get a pass for this year. Then you probably get a pass for next year as Watson misses games.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Some systems just operate differently.
If Watson is convicted of criminal activity ....should he not face the same consequences as any other citizen.

How do you explain an average Joe going to work to support his family as opposed to someone that hides behind blocked phone numbers while trying to scam elderly folks out of their hard earned savings.

Some just don't have the same scruples

I totally get that but man O' man what a PR nightmare. Hardly likely all 29 women are lieing or false reporting. He might be able to "payoff" several but not all. He will eventually go to court and get convicted of step down accounts and probably do 3-6 months probation and 50 comunity service hours.

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I totally get that but man O' man what a PR nightmare. Hardly likely all 29 women are lieing or false reporting. He might be able to "payoff" several but not all. He will eventually go to court and get convicted of step down accounts and probably do 3-6 months probation and 50 comunity service hours.

Salute the nation
elementary my dear Watson

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Question...Drew Brees was just "another guy" in San Diego, true or false?

Once Drew got w/ "The Mastermind" - his game play was waaaaay better than when he played for Marty...
False. His first two seasons as a starter were rough, but his last two were pretty good. Sure he blossomed in NO, but I wouldn't say he was just a guy.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Do we really want a proven pos?
NO

I don't see the STEELERS even interested in Watson, goes against family values of the Rooneys. Would you as a fan want him on your team........?

Pass here

Salute the nation

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
NO

I don't see the STEELERS even interested in Watson, goes against family values of the Rooneys. Would you as a fan want him on your team........?

Pass here

Salute the nation
I think the family values are a thing of the past. Ben had 2 questionable incidents and we brought in Vick which caused outrage. I would not want Watson on the team even if he is "cleared." What i don't understand is the Texans could start Watson tomorrow, but yet people are saying if he is traded he may not play this year. If the leauge is not stepping in now, how could they step in just because he is traded. Could the Texans have a deal with the league saying they won't play him till the investigation is over?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know about the "deal" but if the "all quiet on the western front" mantra may be in effect here. As long as Texans don't play him all is quiet but he they do start/play him then I think the league steps in.

I think what most are saying is if he gets traded and his leagal outcome is negative then he won't play and suspension comes into the picture. Even if NOT convicted he has to get a minimum of 6 games, Roethlisberger wasn't even charged and got that.

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Tape was just being funny - at least that what I assumed...
just wanted to know which 5 states actually care about sexual touching below the belt
as opposed to the other 45 that look the other way

just in case I ever do travel again........... and find myself in a situation south of the border ......... so to speak ...........lol

xjx

Reaction score
Tua is 13-8 as starter. Rudolph is 5-4. As a body of work, overall, they are about the same in effectiveness. Neither is really "starter caliber". But the NFL is starved of qb talent. That's why guys like this get the hype.