• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Want to Play a Game (yes I'm bored waiting for Training Camp)

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can only think of Flozell of recent. He had a good season in 2010

I think him and Duce had something going in the sweat suit department........ YES he did have a good year (singular)

1996-1999 Orpheous Roye #71

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it took me a bit to realize we had passed him....not going to argue against Dawson...but you have to acknowledge Holmes when you make that choice.....

Fully agree. Holmes was a great "old school" player and never gave much ground. He was never as "high" as the #10 Holmes

Salute the nation

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Ernie Holmes was solid but Dirt Dawson is the best center in Steelers history.

#73 Justin Strzelczyk

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it took me a bit to realize we had passed him....not going to argue against Dawson...but you have to acknowledge Holmes when you make that choice.....

Fully agree. Holmes was a great "old school" player and never gave much ground. He was never as "high" as the #10 Holmes

Salute the nation

Yep. That is why I said that numbers 63 and 66 were a tough damn call.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Number 74:

Ray Pinney.

article-2431971-184C465D00000578-198_634x426.jpg

I will let Coolie handle number 75 ...

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
#76 John Banaszak or Hokey.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
WHO ?????????

Salute the nation

#77 Marcus Gilbert

Marvel Smith
Steve Courson
John Schweder & Walter Szot both wore #77 in 1952

Marvel smith

Gilbert doesn't have the body of work that smith has.

Courson is the only one else I would consider.. and still doesn't have the body of work of Marvel Smith. Do your homework.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
#81 the outlaw. Jesse James

- Troy Edwards o_O

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Marvel smith

Gilbert doesn't have the body of work that smith has.

Courson is the only one else I would consider.. and still doesn't have the body of work of Marvel Smith. Do your homework.

Some consider Gillbert to be the best RT in the NFL currently. I listed Marvel & Steve because they do have a great body of work to be considered. I mention the LAST two as it's very rare to have two players wear the same number in the same year. I speculate one had gotten injured or waved and the other wanted that number upon availability. A little history to number, so to speak. So unless this is "ASSIGNED" to ONLY the greatest player to wear that number thread A-N-D you feel the need to be the teacher and can assign homework projects.......I say **** off. I'll express my opinion, weather informed or not, about any subject I chose to express in and NOT do homework to do so.

Lighten up and have a home brew. If I was still brewing I'd send you a multi award winning cherry fever stought.

Salute the nation

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Some consider Gillbert to be the best RT in the NFL currently. I listed Marvel & Steve because they do have a great body of work to be considered. I mention the LAST two as it's very rare to have two players wear the same number in the same year. I speculate one had gotten injured or waved and the other wanted that number upon availability. A little history to number, so to speak. So unless this is "ASSIGNED" to ONLY the greatest player to wear that number thread A-N-D you feel the need to be the teacher and can assign homework projects.......I say **** off. I'll express my opinion, weather informed or not, about any subject I chose to express in and NOT do homework to do so.

Lighten up and have a home brew. If I was still brewing I'd send you a multi award winning cherry fever stought.

Salute the nation

Whatever. Marvel Smith best player to have worn #77