• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Twitter based Poll from Steel City Blitz

Rowe and a 4th for Timmons

• Yes, Id trade Timmons for Rowe and a 4th

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
@BenAnderson58 posted a poll on twitter asking if youd trade Timmons to the Eagles for CB Rowe and a 4th round pick.

I said no way. Others disagree. So I ask ye Steeler Nation.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Timmons is more valuable than a 4th. Though to drop his cap and have Williams start is an option, only if out young talent is showing promise. We were thickest on d at ilb when we had Spence, now not so much.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Timmons is more valuable than a 4th. Though to drop his cap and have Williams start is an option, only if out young talent is showing promise. We were thickest on d at ilb when we had Spence, now not so much.

I think Matakevich will make a great ilb in the NFL. Along with Williams and Shazier. I wouldnt be bothered by this trade. Given the question marks at db.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
that's like getting two 4th rounders, not a bad trade, but man Timmons is almost like a team captain and a solid player. If Shazier goes down he's the only one that can play there

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
No, because if he walks UFA end of season he should bring a 3rd round comp pick in 18'.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
that's like getting two 4th rounders, not a bad trade, but man Timmons is almost like a team captain and a solid player. If Shazier goes down he's the only one that can play there

I think Vince Williams has shown he can play some good ILB for us as well.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Vince Williams has shown he can play some good ILB for us as well.

yeah as a buck LB, but in Shazier's mack? no way, he's too slow in COD

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
No way. However, If they offered a 2nd round pick and Rowe for Timmons it would be something to think about

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
No way. However, If they offered a 2nd round pick and Rowe for Timmons it would be something to think about

no one is giving a 2nd for Timmons at his age and on an expiring contract year, nevermind including Rowe in there.

You need to have some perspective, Timmons is what? 31? no one is giving up more than a late 3rd for him ( I still doubt anyone giving up more than a 4th), if he were a DE or an OL I'd find it more possible

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
No Rowe only scored a 11 on his wonderful. **** him

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not a chance. The Steelers are supposed to contend this year and trading one of their best defenders for an unknown prospect and late draft pick would look very bad in the locker room. I actually think the Steelers have a more than capable replacement with Vince Williams, but if they were going to move him they needed to do it much earlier in the offseason.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought about this for a good bit, before voting...

I voted "yes" and here's why - I think Vince Williams can do everything, now, that Timmons can. JMO.

Rowe and a 4th is very enticing...

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
not when we are this close to another championship. we need all the leadership on def. we can get.

ark steel

Reaction score
Mlb
I thought about this for a good bit, before voting...

I voted "yes" and here's why - I think Vince Williams can do everything, now, that Timmons can. JMO.

Rowe and a 4th is very enticing...

Williams can't switch when Shaz gets hurt.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No, because if he walks UFA end of season he should bring a 3rd round comp pick in 18'.

Mlb

Williams can't switch when Shaz gets hurt.

Now that I've thrown my hat in the ring - I didn't know that Rowe travelled to school on a very short bus and licked the windows while doing so...

With that being said, maybe we can convince them that Uncle Jarvis can play inside???

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I've thrown my hat in the ring - I didn't know that Rowe travelled to school on a very short bus and licked the windows while doing so...

With that being said, maybe we can convince them that Uncle Jarvis can play inside???

Well, I wouldn't go that far Berm but I just don't feel right about trading a loyal player that has openly stated that he desires to remain a Steeler until he can no longer play. It just feels wrong to me, I guess. Cutting him if he can't keep up.. maybe, trading him ...ehh

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't go that far Berm but I just don't feel right about trading a loyal player that has openly stated that he desires to remain a Steeler until he can no longer play. It just feels wrong to me, I guess. Cutting him if he can't keep up.. maybe, trading him ...ehh

Agreed...