• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump appoints talk show host to head of science @ USDA.......no not a joke.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Can one of you Trumptards please explain to me how this administration is not a complete joke.

Please, I know one of you will try to justify this. Look at yourself in the mirror and take stock of yourself before you open your imPEACHment pie hole.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And Bammy loaded the USDA and FDA with campaign donors who worked for Monsanto. What's your point?

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
And Bammy loaded the USDA and FDA with campaign donors who worked for Monsanto. What's your point?

Except Obama appointed someone to that position actually trained in science and with experience in agriculture issues through work at the Gates Foundation.

The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network had sent out the nomination notice a few weeks ago, so I had already read Dr. Shah’s credentials—currently Under Secretary for Research, Education and Economics and Chief Scientist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, leading the Department’s participation in the President global food security initiative and managing 10,000 staff worldwide; former Director for Agricultural Development at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, where he managed the foundation’s $1.5 billion vaccine fund; trained doctor, former health care policy adviser for Al Gore’s presidential campaign, Masters in health economics, etc.

What's that phrase you guys throw around without understanding? Oh yeah 'false equivalency'.....

Your prez. is a complete joke. Accept it or sound like a joke yourselves.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Except Obama appointed someone to that position actually trained in science and with experience in agriculture issues through work at the Gates Foundation.
Except when a Republican President appoints someone to regulate an industry who has actually worked in that industry, he's the devil and letting big business run the government.
What, you think we forget that stuff around here?

What's that phrase you Libs throw around without understanding? Oh yeah, "hypocrisy".....

You'd get more respect around here if you'd just say "Republicans are always wrong and Democrats are always right even if a Republican does the same things that a Democrat did last year."

Supersteeler

Reaction score
You'd get more respect around here if you'd just say "Republicans are always wrong and Democrats are always right even if a Republican does the same things that a Democrat did last year."

This phrase best sums up why I refuse to get further than ankle deep in politics. Politicians all do pretty much the same **** but it's great when it's your guy and awful when it's the other guy. It's pretty much the home team vs. the away team. One can do no wrong and the other can do no right. It all seems stupid and pointless to me.

Last edited:

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of much ado about nothing?

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
It all seems stupid and pointless to me.

It is all stupid and pointless, because ultimately both sides are now about one thing-concentrating money and power in Washington. I pretty much lost any significant interest I had left when Republicans passed Obamacare lite. Ultimately no one cares about right or wrong, it's all about pandering for the next election. The only thing that would reverse our course is to basically wipe out at least half of the federal government and the federal budget and start over. Nipping at the ankles of this monstrosity is all either side is ever willing to do, including our so-called hero Trump who has pretty much caved on every bold promise he made. It will change nothing.

My focus is to take care of ourselves and our children and try to set them up as well as we can before we die. Nothing that happens in Washington is going to benefit us or get out of the way of us helping ourselves in any way, I've accepted that

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
My focus is to take care of ourselves and our children and try to set them up as well as we can before we die. Nothing that happens in Washington is going to benefit us or get out of the way of us helping ourselves in any way, I've accepted that

You might want to revisit that when Trump lowers your income tax and makes the death tax disappear. Both will benefit their inheritance.

Spike

Reaction score
Already reported - time to build a Coach bin for all the Effie garbage threads

http://www.steelernation.com/showth...e-denying-conservative-as-head-USDA-scientist

Presidernt Trump will reportedly name Clovis to lead the USDA’s Research, Education and Economics division despite the fact that Clovis has no background in the hard sciences, as well as no demonstrable policy experience with either food or agriculture.

While Clovis has a doctorate in public administration from the University of Alabama, he has never taken a graduate course in science, ProPublica reported, which might explain why he is a notorious climate change denier who insists there is insufficient evidence proving global warming.

When articulating Trump’s position on climate change in an interview, he said, “Once we get more science, we are going to make decisions,” ProPublica reported. In a 2014 interview, Clovis said global warming “is simply a mechanism for transferring wealth from one group of people to another,” New York Daily News reported.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/13/pre...ce-research-at-the-department-of-agriculture/

-------------------------

More riots!

Oh the drama

polar-bears-global-warming-al-gore.jpg
------------------

but wait, there's more!

Dems Backtrack on Impeachment Talk

After ‘Poll Testing’ Impeachment of Trump – Dems Launch Concerted Effort to Backtrack on Impeachment Talk

For months since the election the only topic on the mainstream media (MSM) news outlets has been that President Trump somehow stole the election from Hillary Clinton by working in collusion with Russia. This fallacious argument is played around the clock by the MSM and discussed repeatedly ad nauseam by Democrats every chance they get.

1. The New York Times is reporting that “Democratic Leaders Try to Slow Calls to Impeach Trump“.

2. CNBC reports “Chances of Trump impeachment are low, says Nomura“.

3. The Washington Post reports “Considering Impeachment? Slow Down”

The Democrats big play to remove President Trump via impeachment is backfiring. Americans are seeing more than ever before how biased the MSM in America is and are fed up. The more the MSM promotes impeachment the more Democrats and the MSM look foolish like upset spoiled little children. President Trump calling the MSM ‘fake news’ is resonating with Americans.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...in-concerted-effort-to-stop-impeachment-talk/

-----------------------------

BWAhahahahahaha - watch Tibs go running for that rock he's been hiding under!

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
So you are getting outraged over a rumor?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The Democrats big play to remove President Trump via impeachment is backfiring. Americans are seeing more than ever before how biased the MSM in America is and are fed up. The more the MSM promotes impeachment the more Democrats and the MSM look foolish like upset spoiled little children. President Trump calling the MSM ‘fake news’ is resonating with Americans.

That, plus there has to be high crimes and misdemeanors committed and ordering your steak well-done and putting ketchup on it doesn't rise to that level.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network had sent out the nomination notice a few weeks ago, so I had already read Dr. Shah’s credentials—currently Under Secretary for Research, Education and Economics and Chief Scientist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, leading the Department’s participation in the President global food security initiative and managing 10,000 staff worldwide; former Director for Agricultural Development at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, where he managed the foundation’s $1.5 billion vaccine fund; trained doctor, former health care policy adviser for Al Gore’s presidential campaign, Masters in health economics, etc.

What's that phrase you guys throw around without understanding? Oh yeah 'false equivalency'.....

I hate to point out the obvious but if you live here in the U. Of States. He is your president also

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Except when a Republican President appoints someone to regulate an industry who has actually worked in that industry, he's the devil and letting big business run the government.
What, you think we forget that stuff around here?

What's that phrase you Libs throw around without understanding? Oh yeah, "hypocrisy".....

yWZ2Yaq.jpg

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
So you are getting outraged over a rumor?

Dems are outraged that Trump has 2 scoops of ice cream at dessert, so why are you surprised at this?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

oh, snowflake, he's YOUR President, too.
No matter how many times you say it.

ark steel

Reaction score
ordering your steak well-done and putting ketchup on it doesn't rise to that level.

Either one ought to be. Although, I guess, if I had to eat a well done steak I might need ketchup or something else on it.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
You might want to revisit that when Trump lowers your income tax and makes the death tax disappear. Both will benefit their inheritance.

Like he repealed Obamacare? Oddly enough I still have to write a bigass check at the end of this month for our insurance that covers nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
That, plus there has to be high crimes and misdemeanors committed and ordering your steak well-done and putting ketchup on it doesn't rise to that level.

If you can use steak sauce then you can use ketchup. Besides, once a steak is well done, it's ruined anyway so put whatever you want on that shoe leather.