• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

True or False

Tomlin will never beat New England during Brady's tenure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Meaning they have had our number for a long time now. It didn't begin with Tomlin..

continue to criticize..

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Once again, what does something that Cowher did 10 years ago have any bearing on judging Tomlin today? I would like to think that as an organization you learn from your mistakes, not repeat them and then say "well Cowher did it too, so it must be ok" that line of thinking is asinine.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Once again, what does something that Cowher did 10 years ago have any bearing on judging Tomlin today? I would like to think that as an organization you learn from your mistakes, not repeat them and then say "well Cowher did it too, so it must be ok" that line of thinking is asinine.
And who said it OK..they have our number and it didn't start yesterday is all I'm saying. They stuff us up front and pass all over us. No matter who the coach is..

landpirate123

Reaction score
False. Truth is we don't yet have the horses to beat the Pats. Another strong off-season adding to WR and DEE will go a long way. This team is still rebuilding the defense. We need to take the next step!

Harry_BZAC

Forefather
Reaction score
We beat them back in 2011. LeBeau had us playing man to man and jamming receivers. Defense was great that day. Don't understand why we didn't do it again. If anything it would be easier to cover their ****** little receivers this way as opposed to Aaron Hernandez, Gronkowski and Welker.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Shades did beat the Belicheat/Br*dy combo once, so it IS possible. But not likely. Ever.
Belicheat is just that much better. Cheating or not, his teams are up on their details, play good fundamental football, and rarely make mistakes or take dumb penalties. Shades' teams do not do those things consistently.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
WTF? I can see it being the players fault if there is a blown assignment on a play or two here and there.

But when there are wide open receivers traipsing through the secondary on every single play, yes that IS Tomlin being 5 yards away from every * WR. It IS the scheme. It IS the coaching. It IS the game plan. How can you not see that? We have never been more demonstrably outcoached in a game in my entire lifetime as a Steelers fan. Well maybe the 02 game against them.

....well there was the Robert Golden brain freeze, that allowed a TD. Then Mitchell being aggressive looking in the backfield and missed the flea flicker coverage to Hogan. That's two TDs right there. And had nothing to do with schemes. It was poor execution on both players there. Don't even know why Golden was in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
Just to be clear. The Steelers are no worse (or better really) than any other team in the North when it comes to playing the Pats. Since 2000..
Steel 3-9
Balt 3-8
Browns 2-6
Cinci 2-7
Take that for what it's worth.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
So we just started losing to them when Mike Tomlin took over?? See this is the dumb **** I be talking about.

Who is the current head coach? Doesn't matter what happened before because we are talking about now.

Anyway, I don't see happening in a meaningful game. The Steelers can get a win in the regular season, but if they were playing late for the top seed or in the playoffs, the Patriots have shown time and time again they will not just beat the Steelers, but dominate them.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Just to be clear. The Steelers are no worse (or better really) than any other team in the North when it comes to playing the Pats. Since 2000..
Steel 3-9
Balt 3-8
Browns 2-6
Cinci 2-7
Take that for what it's worth.

The Browns beat them twice? When?

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
if Noll was still our coach, we would have won.

Tomlin and the rest of our coaches have no plan. not just blaming, Mike. I included others...

no change in game. no worry, hurry. just stand and watch. Best seat in the house, tho.
Hoping Tomlin is learning as he goes. Studying and adjusting. Always a STEELER fan.