• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Triple Crown Winner!

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally! Another triple crown winner! What a horse! What a jockey! What a race! American Pharoah!

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
That was AMAZING!!! I was at BWW and my hubby had to tell me to stop yelling at the big TV..ha!!! I was 4 the last time a horse won the TC, so I don't remember it at all. To see this historic event was awesome.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah...nice horse that benefited from below average competition...

Had 5 -all and a 5-all-all..

Didn't pay much though..at least it was a better experience the being at the Preakness a few weeks earlier..
What a dump and the worst major sport event I have ever experienced!
It didn't help that it was in Baltimore either..

Last edited:

diver

Reaction score
Yeah...nice horse that benefited from below average competition...

Had 5 -all and a 5-all-all..

Didn't pay much though..at least it was a better experience the being at the Preakness a few weeks earlier..
What a dump and the worst major sport event I have ever experienced!
It didn't help that it was in Baltimore either..

In '73, Secretariat only ran against 4 other horses in the Belmont.

The competition was fine. This is a great horse.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice horse - won the Triple Crown - not many horses can make that claim. However, Secretariat would've crushed AP.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29258075/...an-pharoah-proved-worthy-of-triple-crown-club
"American Pharoah ran the second-fastest Belmont of any Triple Crown winner, and sixth-fastest winning time ever. Secretariat would've finished 15 lengths in front of him."

Big Red was a stud ... for real. He was a freak.

diver

Reaction score
Nice horse - won the Triple Crown - not many horses can make that claim. However, Secretariat would've crushed AP.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29258075/...an-pharoah-proved-worthy-of-triple-crown-club
"American Pharoah ran the second-fastest Belmont of any Triple Crown winner, and sixth-fastest winning time ever. Secretariat would've finished 15 lengths in front of him."

Big Red was a stud ... for real. He was a freak.

No question. I just didn't like the competition statement. You race whoever is there.

Ultimately, I don't think Secretariat was worried about any competition anyway. Almost seems like he was running against himself, just seeing if he could top what he did the last time out.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No question. I just didn't like the competition statement. You race whoever is there.

Ultimately, I don't think Secretariat was worried about any competition anyway. Almost seems like he was running against himself, just seeing if he could top what he did the last time out.

I don't understand your issue with considering the competition..

In years past, American Pharoah would of had much stiffer competition, that could of beaten this horse in at least one of the three races..And you know what that means...No Triple Crown.