• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

trading down

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bend them over for their second (64th overall) if they have one. If the Browns and the Titans were able to get all of what they got for teams to move up for unproven talent why can't the Steelers.

Because the #1 and #2 choices, for specific players a team wants, have a ****-ton more value than the #25 pick.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Some of the guys, not most of the guys. Well, maybe half of the guys. I think Burns, Fuller, Butler, Johnson, Simmons, Thompson should make it into the 2nd, a few maybe into the third. But I get your point. I basically want seven of our picks to be first two rounds, lol.

At the end of the day if there's a guy at 25 sitting there the Steelers feel good about, just draft him and don't look back. That's what they tend to do anyway.

The thing we should be collectively holding our breath about is the Steelers grabbing someone that's been ranked much lower, and maybe hasn't even been in the conversation for their first pick. Nothing would surprise me.
I totally agree. In the end of the day wheeling and dealing for anything that doesn't net you a 2 or a high 3 just isn't worth it. Why risk losing the guy you really want to get a pick that you are far from hitting doubles much less home runs with. The Steelers have done pretty well overall with their ones and twos under Tomlin I must admit. The Cowher regime was brutal with 2's. I still don't know how you can pick a guy who should be at worst the 64th best available player out of all of those guys and get a real dud.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Because the #1 and #2 choices, for specific players a team wants, have a ****-ton more value than the #25 pick.
If the team needs a QB badly like the Broncos do, their desire for that player may be the same as the Rams desire for Wentz. So if they really want him are they going to worry about the value chart. You aren't going to get what the Rams gave, obviously that is stupid. But I don't want a third unless I'm virtually guaranteed to get my guy or I have three guys tha tI have the same grade and value on. Screw the chart. You want him. It will cost. Cause if one of the second tier QB's is a first round talent, you can damn sure bet that a second round team will be leapfrogging the Broncos at 1.32. Might as well be the Steelers that gets the benefit.

P

POP

I'm partial to trading down and some analyst say there isn't much difference between picks 20 - 100 in this years draft.

I would be OK with it unless it costed us missing out on WJ3, Billings or Joseph. If it doesn't make us miss one of those guys, then go for it.