• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trade Idea

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Obviously, we all heard the trade rumors about Aiyuk before the draft and there definitely must have been some interest. Didn't come to fruition. The 49ers are set to start a rookie, guy with a 54.9 pff rating and a 31 year old journey man inside. They also drafted Ricky Pearsall with their first round pick at wr. Maybe we see if we can throw them an interior lineman like James Daniels and a draft pick for Aiyuk. I know we would be weakening our line taking a good starter out of it but we now do have some depth and we likely don't resign Daniels with this draft and depth. Might be a win win for both teams.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’m not trading James Daniels who is a quality starting guard. I think as Niners’ GM John Lynch has said, we’re past this now.
Their best bet now is either Courtland Sutton who shouldn’t cost much in a trade, or signing FA’s Zay Jones or Tyler Boyd. They better hurry on Boyd though. He’s visiting the Titans and Chargers.
I don’t think there’s any chance for the Niners receivers or Metcalf from the Seahawks.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m not trading James Daniels who is a quality starting guard. I think as Niners’ GM John Lynch has said, we’re past this now.
Their best bet now is either Courtland Sutton who shouldn’t cost much in a trade, or signing FA’s Zay Jones or Tyler Boyd. They better hurry on Boyd though. He’s visiting the Titans and Chargers.
I don’t think there’s any chance for the Niners receivers or Metcalf from the Seahawks.
You don’t trade your solid O-line player that just isn’t smart football. It makes absolutely no sense.

Boyd I believe is on the verge of signing with the one team he visited. I think he is good as gone.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Depth vs depth. 49ers don’t have the money to sign Aiyuk and Purdy. But they might have the money to sign Daniels and Purdy. They have Ricky Pearsal who is a magnificent route runner. We have Herbig to go along with 3 draft picks at o-line. And we have Dylan Cook and Spencer Anderson who both looked promising. If we only keep 9 offensive linemen a guy like McCormick who’s really only an interior lineman could find himself on another team after getting cut since guys like Anderson and Cook can play multiple positions on the line. And with our depth I don’t think we sign Daniels long term anymore. So here were are with a guard who likely doesn’t get extended and there they are with a receiver they likely won’t extend. Now Aiyuk is definitely worth more than Daniels in a trade scenario but he also would soften the hit and maybe allow them to come down on their asking price. Now if they don’t want to trade anymore then that’s about it. I just would rather give them Daniels and a 3rd over us giving up a 1st for DK or Sutton.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Does it make sense for the 49ers to trade Aiyuk? I don't think the view their window as closed and moving their top receiver would be tough to replace.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Does it make sense for the 49ers to trade Aiyuk? I don't think the view their window as closed and moving their top receiver would be tough to replace.
Especially with Deebo always injured. We have to save our pennies. Dak will cost us 60 million next year. 🤪

FordFairLane

Reaction score
They must’ve had some interest in moving him before the draft. Maybe that door is slammed shut now that the draft is over. I’m just saying their demand for a 1st round pick was obviously too steep for Aiyuk coming into a contract year. So maybe they would listen to less in draft compensation if you throw in a very much needed starter on the offensive line. They still have Deebo, Little, McCaffrey and now Pearsal. But none of them are getting the ball if the QB is on his back.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Exactly... they wont move him because they are contenders right now and they have had a ton of success cycling in Olinemen into their system...

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Exactly... they wont move him because they are contenders right now and they have had a ton of success cycling in Olinemen into their system...
Then why were they trying to trade him before the draft?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
You don’t trade your solid O-line player that just isn’t smart football. It makes absolutely no sense.

Boyd I believe is on the verge of signing with the one team he visited. I think he is good as gone.
I'm not upset they didn't come to an agreement with Boyd. They often bend too far backwards to land a player from W. PA. Kind of like Shades' infatuation with landing brothers. This is the NFL, not sophomoric central.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
They must’ve had some interest in moving him before the draft. Maybe that door is slammed shut now that the draft is over. I’m just saying their demand for a 1st round pick was obviously too steep for Aiyuk coming into a contract year. So maybe they would listen to less in draft compensation if you throw in a very much needed starter on the offensive line. They still have Deebo, Little, McCaffrey and now Pearsal. But none of them are getting the ball if the QB is on his back.
Their ask was a high first plus... in a draft that was loaded at Wr... they arent going to want to push out the wr till next season
Then why were they trying to trade him before the draft?
because they were asking for a lot more than a first and they could immediately replace him with a high quality wr for this season and add more too..

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Their ask was a high first plus... in a draft that was loaded at Wr... they arent going to want to push out the wr till next season

because they were asking for a lot more than a first and they could immediately replace him with a high quality wr for this season and add more too..
Never heard anything about more than a first or a high first. Just a first.

And this is just an idea. We have depth at interior line they have depth at WR.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d sit pat and not make the move. We finally are getting the OL into a strength and not a weakness, I want to keep it that way.

Sutton is whom I’d look at heavily, due to cost and possible long term deal without giving up top draft picks and bank.

Salute the nation

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
49ers would probably want to trade Samuel rather than Aiyuk who is younger, experiences less injuries and is a better route runner and receiver. Then sign Aiyuk, Samuel is definitely more versatile but he has not been used in the running game nearly as much since McCaffrey came on board. There was concern in his camp of overuse in the running game a couple years ago and it appears to be showing. He has recently missed time with various injuries even with fewer reps running the ball.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Depth vs depth. 49ers don’t have the money to sign Aiyuk and Purdy. But they might have the money to sign Daniels and Purdy. They have Ricky Pearsal who is a magnificent route runner. We have Herbig to go along with 3 draft picks at o-line. And we have Dylan Cook and Spencer Anderson who both looked promising. If we only keep 9 offensive linemen a guy like McCormick who’s really only an interior lineman could find himself on another team after getting cut since guys like Anderson and Cook can play multiple positions on the line. And with our depth I don’t think we sign Daniels long term anymore. So here were are with a guard who likely doesn’t get extended and there they are with a receiver they likely won’t extend. Now Aiyuk is definitely worth more than Daniels in a trade scenario but he also would soften the hit and maybe allow them to come down on their asking price. Now if they don’t want to trade anymore then that’s about it. I just would rather give them Daniels and a 3rd over us giving up a 1st for DK or Sutton.
I’d be shocked if they traded James Daniels. Besides, Steelers still have a ways to go before competing with the big boys and they ain’t no Brandon Aiyuk away from doing that.
I think they go one more season with Daniels, sign a FA to replace him next season and have McCormick as his backup. Unless McCormick really wows them, who knows!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d be shocked if they traded James Daniels. Besides, Steelers still have a ways to go before competing with the big boys and they ain’t no Brandon Aiyuk away from doing that.
I think they go one more season with Daniels, sign a FA to replace him next season and have McCormick as his backup. Unless McCormick really wows them, who knows!

Might be surprised, a year behind everyone else and McCormick might just take that starting role by the horns. He’s in a good situation for his rookie year but make no mistake, he does have talent.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Trade Idea:

FordFairLane for TMC.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
49ers would probably want to trade Samuel rather than Aiyuk who is younger, experiences less injuries and is a better route runner and receiver. Then sign Aiyuk, Samuel is definitely more versatile but he has not been used in the running game nearly as much since McCaffrey came on board. There was concern in his camp of overuse in the running game a couple years ago and it appears to be showing. He has recently missed time with various injuries even with fewer reps running the ball.
I mean I wouldn't be against that. Deebo is set to make like 37 million over the next two years. That is an affordable contract and would line up when we need to re-sign George.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
may as well forget about any trade at this point.
pretty sure we'll be players on June 1 and camp cuts

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Anyone in particular you think might be on the bubble you would be interested in?

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm guessing you are correct. It will be interesting though to watch the Aiyuk situation play out on SF. He may be under contract for a year but I'm guessing he is considering his options which are simple, play and risk a serious injury (knee, shoulder etc) costing him millions or show up but refuse to practice.

I know their GM Lynch is thinking maybe we can all just get along, we'll pay you next year after we trade Deebo and we'll indoctrinate Piersall during the season and he'll replace Samuel next season. Good luck with that.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Trade Idea:

FordFairLane for TMC.

TMC was damn good at evaluations. He had a good clean way of communication.

Other than Ford, what else do we have to give up………. ?

I wonder if TMC is doing ok and what he’s been up to…

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
He seemed in good spirits the last time I talked to him. That guy really knew his football.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Salute the nation
The guy who wanted to draft Lee Suggs and Dave Ragone in the first round and told everyone that JJ Watt would be a bust. 😂👍