• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tony Stewart hits, kills driver Kevin Ward Jr. in sprint car race

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I think all rednecks should riot and loot over this seemingly abuse of justice.

Spike

Reaction score
I think all rednecks should riot and loot over this seemingly abuse of justice.

I'll bring my Swisher Sweets

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
there is a closer, slow motion version of the accident and it shows Ward Jr. almost like he's bending over after the #45 passes him, as if maybe he clipped him and he then stumbled going after Tony's car. He may have tried to grab the wing of the #14 and got sucked under the tire. It's still dark and grainy. Once Ward Jr. is on the side on Tony's car, that's where it's hard to see exactly what happens.
More I watched the video, I don't think Tony did anything wrong. He may have a hot temper, blah blah blah, but he's been "found guilty" by a lot of people that didn't like him to begin with and they are sending him to the gas chamber regardless.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
so dude is driving this weekend i guess??? Read a good bit that he was always borderline dirty and was mentioned with Ryan Newman and whoever Robby Gordon is. Said he make Kurt Busch look like a church boy? I don't know, i just know he has a big following.

I don't follow nor do i care, but personally at fault or not, YOU killed someone and that mental part is what i find unbelievable that you can drive again. Have a close friend who's father hit and killed a kid who ran right out in front of him. To this day he is freaked out driving and still has nightmares and it has been 20 years. I just don't see how he can do it again?? Just me i guess.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
racing is his life, MD. He said that part of the healing process is getting in the racecar again and being with his NASCAR family. He clearly is shaken up over this. He also mentioned it will affect the rest of life. I get what you are saying and about driving again. I hit a cat a few years in the street and it has stayed with me to this day. A person, I couldn't imagine.

All the things being said about Stewart's temper is justified, but not in this case. He had no reason to be mad at the kid. It was a racing incident and Stewart was still in the race. It was road rage that went terribly wrong.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
So the Grand Jury finds Stewart won't be charged, and that Ward had the munchies and thought Steward had Oreo's in his car. That is all.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Hopefully all of the Stewart haters will shut up now. That kid was driving a 900 hp sprint car STONED. His poor/impaired judgement cost him his life.

Spike

Reaction score
Good for Tony

Now Matt just needs to win

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
So the Grand Jury finds Stewart won't be charged, and that Ward had the munchies and thought Steward had Oreo's in his car. That is all.

Just heard that on the news this morning. Now the sprint car series will start drug testing too.

Steel G

Reaction score
Since when does pot cause road rage?

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Since when does pot cause road rage?

I wouldn't say it causes road rage, but it certainly causes poor judgement.The kid was driving a 900 HP race car STONED. Driving the car in the first place was poor judgement. Getting out of it and walking pretty much into on coming race traffic was another bad move,He's lucky no one else got killed.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it causes road rage, but it certainly causes poor judgement.The kid was driving a 900 HP race car STONED. Driving the car in the first place was poor judgement. Getting out of it and walking pretty much into on coming race traffic was another bad move,He's lucky no one else got killed.

I honestly think pot had very little to do with his judgement in those actions. I think he still would have been out of his car on the track, even if hadnt smoked any weed that day.