• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin presser

chipped ham

Reaction score
I can't even comprehend that a referee said that there may be a "10 second runoff" associated with James catch being spotted at the 1.

There's no rational football explanation for that other than the league was desperately trying to **** the Steelers. I can only assume the ref determined the ball should be down at the 1, 1st down Steelers and he was told by New York, "Give them a 10 second runoff" and he had to get back on the line and say, "We can't there's no flag and we can't do a runoff without an offensive penalty."

More talking with New York... "No Catch!"

At this point I absolutely believe that's what happened.

Thing of it is though that this exact scenario happened to the Lions when they played the Falcons earlier in the year. Golden Tate caught a pass that looked like he scored on; they reviewed it, determined he didn't score, then hit them with a 10 second run off but the ball would be spotted at the one. However, there were like 8 seconds on the clock, so when hit with the runoff, the game ended, and the Lions didn't get a play, and lost the game as a result.

mdk2

Reaction score
To blame Ben, and Ben only for this loss is just wrong. He was trying to make a play and the ball was tipped up and intercepted.
We would be nowhere without Ben, do I wish he threw the ball out of the endzone in hindsight? Sure but if Eli isn't interfered with and he catches the ball then were all praising Ben and the coaches for calling the fake spike.

Reactions: GMC

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Thing of it is though that this exact scenario happened to the Lions when they played the Falcons earlier in the year. Golden Tate caught a pass that looked like he scored on; they reviewed it, determined he didn't score, then hit them with a 10 second run off but the ball would be spotted at the one. However, there were like 8 seconds on the clock, so when hit with the runoff, the game ended, and the Lions didn't get a play, and lost the game as a result.
That was never ever in play after you saw the review, in full speed sure, but once the first replay was shown, he wasn't contacted by a defender until he was in the end zone, at that point it's a TD or incomplete pass.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin appeared on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh on Tuesday and confirmed that Brown will be out for Monday’s game against the Texans with what he deemed a “significant” contusion.

A muscle contusion is bruising is BLEEDING - a torn calf muscle with significant bleeding, that's what he has

He's done, 6 weeks at best, shut it down, I don't want to see a crippled/hobbled Antonio risk his career limping around at 60%.

From the replays, it looks like the only possible outcomes of that hit were a contusion or a break. I just don't see how a tear can happen with the leg off the ground like that. A contusion is the best possible scenario/ though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bone bruise as well.

chipped ham

Reaction score
That was never ever in play after you saw the review, in full speed sure, but once the first replay was shown, he wasn't contacted by a defender until he was in the end zone, at that point it's a TD or incomplete pass.

I don't disagree necessarily, but the NFL has already screwed a team over with that ten second runoff rule, late in the game in a similar situation, and another team was robbed as a result because the NFL has rules it makes on the fly.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't disagree necessarily, but the NFL has already screwed a team over with that ten second runoff rule, late in the game in a similar situation, and another team was robbed as a result because the NFL has rules it makes on the fly.
I agree that run off is trash, but there was literally no possible way that he could be down at the 1 after seeing the replay.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
From the replays, it looks like the only possible outcomes of that hit were a contusion or a break. I just don't see how a tear can happen with the leg off the ground like that. A contusion is the best possible scenario/ though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bone bruise as well.

Thought his leg got pinned between the two defenders and it broke. I will take a contusion for AB. That's a guy we absolutely have to have on the field for the postseason. Going from 1 seed to 2 seed puts us in a position where we likely see Jax in the Divisional round. That same Jax team that destroyed us with Fournette and 5 INTs. We will need AB out there even if he isn't 100%.