• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin not concerned by Bell's absence

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Click here ----> Tomlin not concerned with Bell's absence

By Justin McGonigle

The Steelers concluded their mandatory mini camp on Thursday and a key piece of their potent offense remained missing. Running back Le’veon Bell was a no show for the mini camp as he recovers from offseason surgery to repair a groin injury he suffered in the Steelers late season run to the AFC Championship game. Though an injury may be the main reason for Bell’s absence a rumbling of a potential holdout has headlined the Steelers early workouts. The Steelers placed the franchise tag on Bell to prevent him from becoming a free agent in March, and to give them more time to work out a long term contract with him.

Even though NFL mini camps are mandatory for all players to attend, Bell isn’t required to be there because he technically isn’t under contract because he hasn’t signed his franchise tag contract yet. Without him being under contract the Steelers aren’t allowed to discipline Bell for not attending. Bell has until July 15th to sign his franchise offer which he is expected to do if no long term deal is reached.

“I tend to focus on guys who are here and working,” Tomlin said. “I think that’s appropriate when you are in my positon. It’s a waste of my time to focus on the guys who are not available to me, whether its injury or otherwise.”

....continued in the link above.

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon... Somebody's got the Tomlin "deer in the headlights" gif. I know it.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
that justin guy is an awesome writer

Bell missing mini camp is not a big deal...hopefully a long term deal is reached and he is ready to go come training camp....

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see it as a major problem............... Now if he doesn't get signed soon.............. Then a problem for him or for the team

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
He'll get signed by training camp. Dude is more than likely preparing for the season ahead.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
C'mon... Somebody's got the Tomlin "deer in the headlights" gif. I know it.
Cu8AHB7WAAEjPQ1.jpg

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
As it stands I think the Bell contract might be one of thr most difficult decisions you are going to make as a franchise. He is a tremendous player that is without doubt. But he is a leased car with 80 000 to 100 000 miles on him. No way Id sign him to anything more than three years. If that language isnt coming up in negotations, play him this year and move on. I could make a premium commitment to him for three years and no more.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
giphy.gif

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Top 5 coach in the NFL.

Only because he has a top 2 QB.

Tomlin isn't concerned that maybe the best all around running back in the game isn't in the OTA practices? This points to Tomlin not being very smart if you will. Perhaps he should go back to the lab with those thoughts.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
oh ****, people.

He's not concerned because Bell isnt a ******* rookie. Bell isnt under contract. Bell doesnt have to report.
by being at OTA, Bell does run the risk of being injured.

this is a complete non-story and SF81 is a fake news source.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Only because he has a top 2 QB.

Tomlin isn't concerned that maybe the best all around running back in the game isn't in the OTA practices? This points to Tomlin not being very smart if you will. Perhaps he should go back to the lab with those thoughts.
Why would Bell need to be at practice for mini camp? He wouldn't be practicing. He isn't under contract. It's football in shorts. 7 on 7 drills.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
just a boo boo

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
As it stands I think the Bell contract might be one of thr most difficult decisions you are going to make as a franchise. He is a tremendous player that is without doubt. But he is a leased car with 80 000 to 100 000 miles on him. No way Id sign him to anything more than three years. If that language isnt coming up in negotations, play him this year and move on. I could make a premium commitment to him for three years and no more.

Sask has a point here. I think if it's a 4 year deal they will load it heavy on the first two years with a 25 mil bonus to spread out the hit. He's going to get 25 mil anyway if tagged both years. Problem is in the language. The CBA may prohibit it.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
How about Bell shows up on time and Tomlin is forced to listen to his music during their meetings? A fair deal.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How about Bell shows up on time and Tomlin is forced to listen to his music during their meetings? A fair deal.

Are you talking about the music he listens to or the music he creates........................

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score