• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin and LeBeau - and the future.

6Rings

Reaction score
I hope Tomlin never rises to the level of losing 4 AFCC games at home....

Vader

Reaction score

From the past 3 seasons it doesn't look like they are going to lose any AFCC games any time soon... or any playoff games for that matter.

Spike

Reaction score
Valar Morghulis!

Valar morghulis translates to "all men must die" in High Valyrian

I never knew we had all these Aryans around

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Valar morghulis translates to "all men must die" in High Valyrian

I never knew we had all these Aryans around

I know what it translates, a nerd as I am should always know

Spike

Reaction score
I know what it translates, a nerd as I am should always know

I was including that for the ignorant masses

the world does need cabbage pickers though

lefty

Reaction score
Did you say cabbage pickers...?
113710648.r6XvEdBb.TheCabbagePicker.jpg

Wingman

Reaction score

You have to get to them before you can loose them, last three years we lost before we got there. We don't have to play the cheatriots on the way either with their video taping operation intact. And our present qb is a bit better than Kordell who just couldn't get all the way to greatness, and he is a lot better than O'Dummel.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Not even close.

Since the flag football league began in 2010 - we began to lose our advantage of being physical defense. It was only way to combat teams spreading us out. Think how much impact Jordy Nelson had in SB 45 if Ryan Clark lays him out like Wes Welker - or many of other hits the 2008 team made. I just wonder if this flag football league can be defended without top DBs

.Dead on! They KILLED the Steeler brand of smash mouth football. It's an absolute joke watching people tackle now,, a joke. Group hugs and arm tackles. To me the game is cheap garbage now. They took the Steelers identity away. Now we're just a team who used to beat your *** that nobody wanted to play. I find no appeal in what they've turned football into.

Hallmarky

Reaction score
They didn't kill the Steeler's brand of smash mouth football. Seattle won a ring with it last year. They exploited LeBeau's strategy of CB's support the run game mentality. Our corners got so use to playing the run, they forgot how to cover receivers.

I don't think Tomlin/LeBeau prepared the back ups behind the aging starters to be effective starters once their number was called. Cam Heyward is effective, Keenan Lewis was but we let him get away. Tomlin and Colbert are playing catch up to replace DL's and LB's that been gone for 2 or 3 seasons. The same thing can happen at corner if we don't get someone in place to take over for Ike and Gay.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They didn't kill the Steeler's brand of smash mouth football. Seattle won a ring with it last year. They exploited LeBeau's strategy of CB's support the run game mentality. Our corners got so use to playing the run, they forgot how to cover receivers.

I don't think Tomlin/LeBeau prepared the back ups behind the aging starters to be effective starters once their number was called. Cam Heyward is effective, Keenan Lewis was but we let him get away. Tomlin and Colbert are playing catch up to replace DL's and LB's that been gone for 2 or 3 seasons. The same thing can happen at corner if we don't get someone in place to take over for Ike and Gay.

OH YES THE HELL THEY DID. It's cupcake horseshit now. I know what my eyes see. I see the billions of cheap *** passing yards a game all around the league. I see guys running over the middle all day free. The Seattle game was a scam in my opinion. I watched about half of that dumb game before i said this is bullshit. It's complete trash.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
This team is still in transition....rebuilding, reloading....it just happens to have its franchise quarterback in the fold thats finally adapting to the philosophies of a coordinator in his third year.....Why is it so goddamn hard for some to understand this. Now, if we had things easy like Belicheat and Brady, goin up against the likes of Tanneyhill, the circus in NY at QB and Buffalo's carousel of QBs, then we would come out lookin/smellin better than we are.

NE could be talent starved (like it is at WR now) and still win the division because its divisional opponents are wrecks themselves....yet folks wanna point to NE as a beacon that can transcend "rebuilding". Its got favorable situations right now.

If we can just avoid the massive injuries we incurred the past couple seasons, theres no reason why we cant win the division this season.

Vader

Reaction score
This team is still in transition....rebuilding, reloading....it just happens to have its franchise quarterback in the fold thats finally adapting to the philosophies of a coordinator in his third year.....Why is it so goddamn hard for some to understand this. Now, if we had things easy like Belicheat and Brady, goin up against the likes of Tanneyhill, the circus in NY at QB and Buffalo's carousel of QBs, then we would come out lookin/smellin better than we are.

NE could be talent starved (like it is at WR now) and still win the division because its divisional opponents are wrecks themselves....yet folks wanna point to NE as a beacon that can transcend "rebuilding". Its got favorable situations right now.

If we can just avoid the massive injuries we incurred the past couple seasons, theres no reason why we cant win the division this season.

Seriously? You realize the Steelers are notorious for losing to bad teams right? The pats* have to play the top division leaders. Last year they played the Saints, Panthers, Broncos, then played division leaders that just sucked like Atlanta and Houston. They also lost 2 of their division games (Jets and Miami once each). They also beat the Steelers by 24 points.

The Jets were in the AFCC game two years in a row a couple of years ago. The Steelers division has the clowns (laughing stock of the NFL), Bungles (haven't won a playoff game since reconstruction), and the rats who are not SB contenders often. Look at the AFC west... before Manning WTF was in that division? How about the NFC east? How many SB have they won? Dallas is a joke, Washington has been a joke. Hell the NFC west was ******* horrible a few years ago. AZ had a couple of good years but they have sucked for decades. SF hadn't done anything since Young was the QB. Seattle was a joke.

T

TAS

Cowhers team is just about gone so I don't think we have to worry about Tomlins team getting us there and when Ben is done I guarantee he wont sniff the playoffs.

F

Franco

Cowhers team is just about gone so I don't think we have to worry about Tomlins team getting us there and when Ben is done I guarantee he wont sniff the playoffs.

Tomlin has already missed the playoffs 3 times in 7 years WITH Ben in his prime, it isn't going to be pretty with Captain Cliche after Ben retires.

Wingman

Reaction score
Tomlin has already missed the playoffs 3 times in 7 years WITH Ben in his prime, it isn't going to be pretty with Captain Cliche after Ben retires.

Roll the Tomlin is just as good crap, or is better crap, even though the jaw got us to championship games and made the play offs with Kordell and O'dummell. With the cheatriots in full video mode. And in a couple of those games, if my memory is accurate we were a dropped pass from winning two of those games if I remember correctly. One was a dropped or deflected pass because the receiver did not come back for it. Another was a near interception dropped by Joey Porter that was easily a touch down if he catches it. I still think the jaw did a really good job in the Dallas super bowl and the zebras slipped it to us on a couple of plays as well. The offensive pass interference on Johnsons touchdown, or was it Novachec? And one of emmitts crawling touch downs.

When I see stuff like that I understand how the Pottsville Maroons must have felt. If you don't know what they are google them and the cardnals, I think they were the chicago cardnals then.

DeaconKnowledge

Reaction score
Seriously? You realize the Steelers are notorious for losing to bad teams right? The pats* have to play the top division leaders. Last year they played the Saints, Panthers, Broncos, then played division leaders that just sucked like Atlanta and Houston. They also lost 2 of their division games (Jets and Miami once each). They also beat the Steelers by 24 points.

The Jets were in the AFCC game two years in a row a couple of years ago. The Steelers division has the clowns (laughing stock of the NFL), Bungles (haven't won a playoff game since reconstruction), and the rats who are not SB contenders often. Look at the AFC west... before Manning WTF was in that division? How about the NFC east? How many SB have they won? Dallas is a joke, Washington has been a joke. Hell the NFC west was ******* horrible a few years ago. AZ had a couple of good years but they have sucked for decades. SF hadn't done anything since Young was the QB. Seattle was a joke.

Your overselling the AFC East.

Though the Jets made two AFC Championships, one was off the back of a 9-7 season where they backed into the playoffs. Other than that, and 2008 (when Brady was out for the year with an ACL injury) the AFC East outside of the Patriots has been mediocre at best and awful at worst.

During Tomlin's entire tenure with Pittsburgh outside of his rookie season, the Rats have been neck and neck with the Steelers. No team in the AFC East could claim that with the Pats, except for MAYBE the Jets second AFC Championship year.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Though the Jets made two AFC Championships, one was off the back of a 9-7 season where they backed into the playoffs. Other than that, and 2008 (when Brady was out for the year with an ACL injury) the AFC East outside of the Patriots has been mediocre at best and awful at worst.

During Tomlin's entire tenure with Pittsburgh outside of his rookie season, the Rats have been neck and neck with the Steelers. No team in the AFC East could claim that with the Pats, except for MAYBE the Jets second AFC Championship year.

IMHO---I believe both the Jets and Steelers get back into the playoffs this year.

The Jets now with Vick in the mix, the strong running game, and solid defense that they already have, add up to playoff football....although, Vick will not lead them to the promise land, he is good enough to lead a team to the playoffs.

And our very own Pittsburgh Steelers were a scarey team the second half of the year, lead by a rookie running back that started to bring that grind it out, hard nose Steeler football back. This year with speed on defense being the focus in the draft, makes the good guys a double digit winning team this upcoming season.

Vader

Reaction score

So the Cardinals make the SB at 9-7 and they are a great team because the Steelers beat them but the 9-7 Jets suck because they "backed" into the playoffs? Ok. Everyone knows that divisional battles are always tough. No team in the AFC East has been close to as bad as the clowns in the AFC Central. And again the pats* play a much tougher schedule because they win the division. The Steelers have one of the easiest schedules again this year. So the easy division excuse is just that... an excuse. All teams play each other. This isn't the NBA. IF NE really weren't that good then they should be losing all those non-division games... like the Steelers game. But they put up 55 easy points.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
So the Cardinals make the SB at 9-7 and they are a great team because the Steelers beat them but the 9-7 Jets suck because they "backed" into the playoffs? Ok. Everyone knows that divisional battles are always tough. No team in the AFC East has been close to as bad as the clowns in the AFC Central. And again the pats* play a much tougher schedule because they win the division. The Steelers have one of the easiest schedules again this year. So the easy division excuse is just that... an excuse. All teams play each other. This isn't the NBA. IF NE really weren't that good then they should be losing all those non-division games... like the Steelers game. But they put up 55 easy points.

Name the year and player that any other team in the AFC East had a franchise QB. It may take a while...

Vader

Reaction score
Name the year and player that any other team in the AFC East had a franchise QB. It may take a while...

Why change the subject? Before Ben name a franchise QB the STeelers had? Name the franchise QB the clowns have had? Name the bungles franchise QB the past 20 years. Palmer? Really? A guy who couldn't win ONE playoff game? Name the rats franchise QB... Dilfer? I guess Flacco is kind of a franchise QB. You really want to go here?

The fact remains that NE plays a harder schedule than the Steelers most years. Especially when the Steelers go 8-8 and playing against the 2nd tier teams in the divisions. Have you seen the Steelers schedule this year? They leave the Eastern Time zone ONCE. They have 2 gimmie games against the clowns, a horrible Jax teams, another horrible TB team, a Texan team that won 2 games last year and still don't have a QB, the Jets and a bad Falcons team at home in Dec. Then the "hard" games like the Saints are at home in Nov. They even get KC at home this year in Dec.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
great page or two of discussion, thanks to all who have contributed!!! In another thread, someone said, Marvin Lewis, was one of the great defensive minds in the NFL. I think we have the greatest, all time, on our coaching staff. Talent, definitely affects how a coach looks. DL always didn't have the top notch talent, in the nfl, but yet stayed consistent, with the top ranked defenses in the nfl.

Salute the nation

Wingman

Reaction score
Greese, Marino, O'Donnel, Vick, Nameth the jets and Miami had several they just did not stay long and were not great compared to the ones that were hall of fame or super bowl winners, and I generally don't remember the names of other teams players.