• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

To idiot liberals who want to ban AR-15: more killed by fists than ALL rifles in 2019

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a moment of clarity for the idiot moron imbecile lefties who want to violate the 2nd amendment and "ban" something they call "assault rifles," a term the idiots cannot define:

FBI: More People Killed with Hands, Fists, than Rifles in 2019

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report (UCR) for 2019 shows nearly twice as many people were killed with “personal weapons” like hands and fists than were killed with rifles of any kind.

The UCR shows 364 were killed with rifles in 2019, while another 600 were beaten to death with hands, fists, feet, etc.

Moreover, the UCR shows more people were killed with hammers and clubs than were killed with rifles of any kind.

On October 8, 2020, Breitbart News reported UCR figures showed over four times as many people were stabbed to death in 2019 than were killed with rifles of any kind.

It is crucial to understand the category of “rifles” includes bolt action rifles and lever action rifles, as well as rifles with breech action, pump action, and semiautomatics designed specifically for big game hunting.

Then there are the AR-15 platform rifles, which are now common in hunting as well as sport shooting, and there are rifles on AK-47 platforms, as well as the always popular Ruger Mini-14 and numerous other semiautomatics which the left wants to ban.

But even when all those various rifle types are combined under the simply heading of “rifles,” the UCR shows nearly twice as many people were beaten to death than were killed with rifles and over four times as many people were stabbed to death in 2019 than were killed with rifles of any kind.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/09/fbi-hands-fists-rifles/

So does the fact that every death attributable to an AR-15 is a tiny, miniscule fraction of the deaths due to fists, clubs, hammers, screwdrivers, knives, or cars matter to idiot liberals? Of course not, because politics is about putting on a show, not doing something that matters.

Why is an AR-15 so scary to the ignorant left? "It's a weapon of war that should not be on the streets." Uhh, no.

The army does NOT supply a rifle that is semi-automatic at best. Instead, they provide rifles that can fire a single round each time the trigger is pulled (semi-automatic), three-shot bursts (burst fire) where the rifle discharges three rounds with one pull of the trigger, and automatic fire (automatic) where the rifle discharges bullets as long as the trigger is depressed and ammunition (typically 5.56 in the M14, M16A1, M16A2, M16A3 or M16A4) is available.

PstJs0xh.jpg

The AR-15, a semi-automatic, with the "safe" and "semi" fire selections only.

iu

The AR-15 (and the AR-10 and AK-47) are therefore by definition NOT "weapons of war."

"The AR-15, AR-10 [shoots 7.62 ammunition] and AK-47 [also shoots 7.62] can be converted to automatic weapons."

Okay. And a car can be converted into a bomb big enough to kill hundreds. And a kitchen knife can be converted to a bayonet. And according to the left, a male Olympic gold-medalist in the decathalon can be converted into a girl. So what?? Such conversion to automatic is already illegal.

Liberals ... they know so much already, they don't have the time or brain cells to learn about what they want to legislate while putting on a show solely for public entertainment purposes.

Vader

Reaction score
The AR-15 (and the AR-10 and AK-47) are therefore by definition NOT "weapons of war."

"The AR-15, AR-10 [shoots 7.62 ammunition] and AK-47 [also shoots 7.62] can be converted to automatic weapons."

Okay. And a car can be converted into a bomb big enough to kill hundreds. And a kitchen knife can be converted to a bayonet. And according to the left, a male Olympic gold-medalist in the decathalon can be converted into a girl. So what?? Such conversion to automatic is already illegal.

Just one quick addition... the 308 is a 7.62 X 51 and isn't the same round as the AK's 7.62 X 39. The .308 is a more powerful round.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just one quick addition... the 308 is a 7.62 X 51 and isn't the same round as the AK's 7.62 X 39. The .308 is a more powerful round.

Truth. I assiduously avoided referring to the AK ammo as .308 for that reason but your clarification is welcome and accurate.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I posted this information, along with data about the AR-15, AR-10, AK-47 and actual "weapons of war," to encourage somebody with an opposing view to explain the reasoning behind banning the AR and AK series rifles.

I genuinely want to know. All I've heard from the Smirking Queen is, "They're weapons of war [they're not as I explained], which don't belong on the street [why?] and have been used for mass murder [not as often as knives according to the actual data]."

So why the ban? I'll tell you my thinking: The fact-devoid PR campaign against the AR ("Ohhhhh, weapon of war, mass killing, ahhhhh, murder most foul!!!") is the crowbar to leverage other politicians - hacks worried about their next election and the vast amount of money they steal, ehh, earn - to go along with the idiocy.

Once you get the morons to go along with banning a protected firearm for no reason, at all, none, then it is an absolute truth that the lying lefties will go after every ******* weapon and bit of ammunition ever made, in a move to disarm the population at the same time they are neutering the police.

Lefties say, "Come on, man!" I respond, "California." ******* ******* state has effectively banned factory-built semi-automatic weapons (which come with 15-round magazines because that is the entire ******* point behind semi-automatics), basically every worthwhile AR style rifle (the requirements for a semi-automatic rifle in California is a living, breathing example of the absolute ignorance and blinding stupidity of politicians), and has made buying ammunition a gargantuan pain in the *** - complete with limits on the amount you can purchase and a wait for the 30-minute background check FOR ******* AMMUNITION.

The (D)ims are lubed up about controlling guns, controlling law enforcement, so they can control you.

Vader

Reaction score
I've dealt with anti gunners many times. They know absolutely nothing about rifles, shotguns, or pistols. Their ignorance is absolutely mind boggling. Listening to them speak is like listening to a kindergartner trying to explain quantum mechanics.

Fact is AR doesn't stand for "assault rifle", there are NO automatic rifles being used to kill people, fully automatic rifles are illegal unless you have a special permit and a boat load of money and finally the 2nd amendment wasn't put in there for hunting or for the military.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've dealt with anti gunners many times. They know absolutely nothing about rifles, shotguns, or pistols. Their ignorance is absolutely mind boggling. Listening to them speak is like listening to a kindergartner trying to explain quantum mechanics.

Some anonymous anti-gunner can be stupid on the topic, that's his or her right, but for the love of God can the morons passing these laws have a tiny semblance of knowledge about what the hell they are doings? Some examples:

Carolyn McCarthy could not describe what her OWN legislation covered when Tucker asked her what a barrel shroud is:

"...it's a shoulder thing that goes up." - Carolyn McCarthy

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpu...t-understand-her-own-gun-control-legislation/

Uhh, no, Carolyn it is a metal or composite sleeve over the barrel - which gets hot my neighbor says - to protect against burning yourself on the barrel.

"Some of these bullets, as you saw, have an incendiary device on the tip of it, which is a heat seeking device. So, you don't shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do you could cook it at the same time." - Patricia Eddington

"This is a ghost gun. This right here has the ability with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Thirty magazine clip in half a second." - Kevin de Leon

.30 caliber. I like it. Juuuust smaller than the .308, that's why it can fire 30 rounds in half a second, or 3,600 rounds per minute. Holee-****, with ammo prices nowadays (according to my neighbor), that would be an expensive trip to the range.

"The Second Amendment only protects the people who want all the guns they can have. The rest of us, we've got no Second Amendment. What are we supposed to do?" - Louise Slaughter

God, I wish the 2nd amendment applied to ALL Americans.

"What's the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you... these are ammunition, they're bullets. So the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available." - Diana DeGette

That used to be a comment showing how stupid anti-gunners are. Now, however, it turns out that the moron who made the statement was ahead of her time as (D)ims are going after ammo.

"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." - Dianne Feinstein

Huh, human hunting. Seems to apply to Chicago, the land of liberty and guns, I guess.

"It is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book." - Barack Obama

Even worse, 7 and 8 year olds can just go to the gun library and borrow a gun for two weeks. Overdue fines apply if kept longer than that.

"Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." - Sloppy Joe Biden

Yes, brilliant, just blast a shotgun through the door. Pizza delivery guy? I think Domino's has the "replace damaged pizza" thing. Maybe that applies to the delivery guy?

"The second amendment is for muskets so we could have muskets when the British came over in 1800." - Rosie O'Donnell

Huh, I completely ****** up the date for that bicentennial thing. And the constitution thing. And the revolutionary war, George Washington, Bunker Hill, the Boston Massacre, the Battle of Yorktown.

Wow, the absolute genius at work among the anti-gun crowd. I am intimidated with this level of analysis. For example, this compelling article from the garbage that was once readable, Rolling Stone:

The 5 Most Dangerous Guns in America
These are the firearms causing the most harm

1. Pistols
2. Revolvers
3. Rifles
4. Shotguns
5. Derringers

No, I am NOT making this up. The article provides additional genius in describing generally what is meant by five categories of firearms, but I have summed it up pretty well.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...erous-guns-in-america-22699/revolvers-253845/

I am in line to write an article for Rolling Stone entitled "The Five Most Dangerous Dogs in America." My first draft:

1. Big dogs
2. Medium dogs
3. Small dogs
4. Boy dogs
5. Girl dogs

What do you think?!?

Fact is AR doesn't stand for "assault rifle", there are NO automatic rifles being used to kill people, fully automatic rifles are illegal unless you have a special permit and a boat load of money and finally the 2nd amendment wasn't put in there for hunting or for the military.

Facts don't matter to the geniuses responsible for the anti-gun screeching. Barrel shrouds!! 60 .30 rounds per second!! Incendiary, heat-seeking bullets that kill, lie in wait for a day, and then pop out to KILL AGAIN!!

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
would you rather have your kid punched in the face or shot in the face? I'm sure fists kill more people, but i bet way more people survive being punched than shot. I'm not saying i an for banning AR 15s, but these types of arguments are dumb

deljzc

Reaction score
All I ask, as a layman, is "What are the 10 best qualities of an AR-15?", especially as compared to other firearms.

I am concerned, that those 10 qualities you list are mostly geared toward it's ability to kill other people (particularly multiple people), in a very efficient way. It is not the best hunting rifle (although it will suffice). It is not the best at home protection (every article I've read says shotguns and revolvers are best).

What is the AR-15 "Best at"? And is there any argument to be made that guns that are "best at" and designed for multiple, human target interactions not be restricted in some way?

And I am a full 2nd amendment supporter and I fully understand gun rights are not about hunting and self defense only. I am partly being devil's advocate here for discussion purposes only.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I shot an ak47 when I was a kid. I didn't kill anyone. It was one of the coolest things I've ever done. The dims are on a multi-century march to take our guns. Hillary favors an Autralia-type confiscation model, the evil *****.

deljzc

Reaction score

That doesn't seem very sporting or very humane to me. But I guess that is just me.

I will grant you that using an AR-15 to shoot out of a helicopter does appear to have some advantages vs. the average hunting rifle.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
That doesn't seem very sporting or very humane to me. But I guess that is just me.

I will grant you that using an AR-15 to shoot out of a helicopter does appear to have some advantages vs. the average hunting rifle.

It is American ingenuity at it's best. You have a terrible agricultural problem with wild pigs. They replicate as fast as you kill them and can destroy crop fields in one night..
As a result, you have people who have developed a method to thin the herds. You have a customer base that is more than happy to pay money to hunt from a helicopter.

The only downside is for the pigs. If they weren't such a destructive nuisance, they would be living in peace.

deljzc

Reaction score
It is American ingenuity at it's best. You have a terrible agricultural problem with wild pigs. They replicate as fast as you kill them and can destroy crop fields in one night..
As a result, you have people who have developed a method to thin the herds. You have a customer base that is more than happy to pay money to hunt from a helicopter.

The only downside is for the pigs. If they weren't such a destructive nuisance, they would be living in peace.

If that is the reason, I'm okay with it then.

I'm not a big fan of "hunting ranches", where animals are bred and kept only to be released in designated areas (often restricted by fences) to be shot for so-called "sport". I was maybe under the wrong impression these pigs were either captured or raised only to be released in a wide open field where helicopter hunters had easy pickings (often with non-leathal shots, which make the animals suffer needlessly).

I still haven't had anyone volunteer what the "Top 10 qualities of an AR-15" exactly are vs. other rifles. How about just a top-5? Would that make the question easier?

SCSteeler4life

Contributor
Reaction score
If that is the reason, I'm okay with it then.

I'm not a big fan of "hunting ranches", where animals are bred and kept only to be released in designated areas (often restricted by fences) to be shot for so-called "sport". I was maybe under the wrong impression these pigs were either captured or raised only to be released in a wide open field where helicopter hunters had easy pickings (often with non-leathal shots, which make the animals suffer needlessly).

I still haven't had anyone volunteer what the "Top 10 qualities of an AR-15" exactly are vs. other rifles. How about just a top-5? Would that make the question easier?

What's your top 5 use for any gun? That is 100% up to the individual. My main reason for owning any gun- it's my right to protect me and my family period.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score

1. Stopping power
2. It is as customizable a weapon as any available.
3. Ammunition readily available and affordable(at most times)
4. The AR platform has proven it's dependability over time. Even low end ones.
5, Because of small kick, even a woman will feel comfortable shooting it.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Those pigs are not raised then released. They are wild, breeding machines, that destroy crops, property, and livelihood. They are invasive, and need to go.

Vader

Reaction score
The AR-15 is a political issue not a rifle issue. The action is replicated in dozens of other weapons. The AR just looks military. But there are weapons like the Ruger ranch rifle, Bullpups, Springfield M1A 6.5 Creedmoor and tons of others.