• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tim Wakefield

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Curt Schilling deserves to be punched in his egotistical horse lips for releasing that info about both Tim and his wife.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Really sorry to hear that. Those were some fun games to watch. I think Leyland probably smoked an extra pack when Wakefield was on the mound. I was at that game he pitched in Pittsburgh. The Bucs were in a must win game after getting shellacked in Atlanta the first two games. He pulled it out. He also was the winning pitcher for the last game the Bucs would win that year in game 6 which was a cakewalk.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
iu
RIP #49

str8liner

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that. Those were some fun games to watch. I think Leyland probably smoked an extra pack when Wakefield was on the mound. I was at that game he pitched in Pittsburgh. The Bucs were in a must win game after getting shellacked in Atlanta the first two games. He pulled it out. He also was the winning pitcher for the last game the Bucs would win that year in game 6 which was a cakewalk.

I remember the Braves freaking out about his knuckleball and had someone come in and throw knuckleballs at practice.

RIP

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember the Braves freaking out about his knuckleball and had someone come in and throw knuckleballs at practice.

RIP
Tim was either on and pretty much unhittable or off and he got shellacked. There was not much middle ground. More often than not he stymied his opponents and it was fun to watch them look stupid trying to catch up with his knuckleball.