• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This sucks --- if you enter the Lottery for tickets to the big game ........

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
So if the Steelers don't make the game, you are locked into 1000 dollar tickets you don't really want and you cannot ditch them, even though everyone else ditches theirs on NFL ticket exchange all the time. Sounds fair.

No won't charge your account unless the Steelers win in Sunday. In the past you used to have to send the money in though and wait until March for them to refund you.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Will GLADLY take those 2 tickets off your hand. If that means I gotta fly you down there to pick them up and fly you home, I'm down.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so am I and you wouldn't even have to pay my way to Houston since I am already here

Coolie, it's not the cost of transporting you that would worry them..........................................

Salute the nation

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
So the NFL is doing this to keep the tickets out of the Season ticket holders hands,,, (who can do with them whatever they like)

in order to ensure that the Season ticket holder either goes to the game,, or the NFL keeps the tickets

So they can charge whatever they like and keep the profits. As they sell these tickets to WHO? And WHERE?

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
No won't charge your account unless the Steelers win in Sunday. In the past you used to have to send the money in though and wait until March for them to refund you.

Had this happen with my Dodgers tix a few seasons back. Took forever to get a refund. They wanted to apply the credit to the next season's ticket package too. They definitely know how to play with your money

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Had this happen with my Dodgers tix a few seasons back. Took forever to get a refund. They wanted to apply the credit to the next season's ticket package too. They definitely know how to play with your money

I wish the Steelers still gave us this option. It helped ease the ticket payment.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Two. I loved to apply my unused playoff payment to the next season and then have a manageable bill when the next season's invoice came in.
You have club seats? The SB tickets are like 600(back in 2005) to 900 now. **** my season tickets are under 1800.

You putting in for them this year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
You have club seats? The SB tickets are like 600(back in 2005) to 900 now. **** my season tickets are under 1800.

You putting in for them this year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

I was mainly talking about playoff tickets, and no, just regular seats.

I did enter the lottery and am not a huge fan of the NFL ticket procedure. Not that it was in the plans, but they helped create the secondary market and if anyone has the right to sell them there, it should be the season ticket holders.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I was mainly talking about playoff tickets, and no, just regular seats.

I did enter the lottery and am not a huge fan of the NFL ticket procedure. Not that it was in the plans, but they helped create the secondary market and if anyone has the right to sell them there, it should be the season ticket holders.

Oh okay, I got ya. I understand now. But yeah, I agree. It's ludicrous that they're telling you you HAVE to go.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Well that is pretty fair then. The rest of the world is looking at 4 or 5 G for tickets. no?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I will never forgive myself for not going to Steelers/Cardinals. My sister had bought a place near Tampa at that time and after the economic collapse it was probably the cheapest Super Bowl ever to go to. That would be quite a memory.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I used to want season tickets. Then I thought about maybe splitting season tickets with a couple other people. Then I decided a game, maybe two, a year is good. Now I'd rather spend the money on something else.

Every once in a while I get the urge to attend a game and then I read a story like this and remember why I quit going.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to want season tickets. Then I thought about maybe splitting season tickets with a couple other people. Then I decided a game, maybe two, a year is good. Now I'd rather spend the money on something else.

Every once in a while I get the urge to attend a game and then I read a story like this and remember why I quit going.

Yeah it's a shame how the fans are treated.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
well to add insult how the fans are treated .. My friend applied for tickets and did not get them but did get an email that said as a SEASON ticket holder that had the opportunity to purchase superbowl packages from this site ..

https://superbowl.nflonlocation.com/package-selection/steelers?camefrom=EMCL_1448883_55702719#/

So if I win I cannot sell my tickets but the NFL can SELL packages for outrageous amounts ..

I got the same email. I wonder how many season ticket holders actually won the lottery this year. Given the new ticket policy and prices, plus the fact that a lot just like to stay home, I doubt many entered. I'm guessing a very small number won the lottery and the rest got stuck with the unrealistic deal the NFL is offering for a package to the game.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh that is a TICKET only -- does not include airfare or a place to stay -- and if I am reading that correctly it does NOT include the number of tickets ... so I assume it is only 1

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Oh that is a TICKET only -- does not include airfare or a place to stay -- and if I am reading that correctly it does NOT include the number of tickets ... so I assume it is only 1

Correct, but it does give you the OPPORTUNITY to add on a hotel and other options (not air). Again, over $5,000 for ONE.