• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This sucks --- if you enter the Lottery for tickets to the big game ........

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Should your account be selected through the lottery, the credit card provided will automatically be charged for two (2) Super Bowl LI game tickets, which will range in price between $900-$1100 per ticket (face value as set by the NFL). Your card will automatically be registered for the higher price though you may be charged for the lower price based on the actual seat assignment. Seats will be assigned in pairs, randomly (seating information listed through your online account is only processing information, actual locations are not assigned unless selected as a winner). You must pick up your Super Bowl LI game tickets at NFL Will Call at NFL Super Bowl Headquarters, Embassy Suites Houston-Downtown prior to Super Bowl Sunday with a government ID (dates and location to be provided). Name changes are not permitted, no exceptions. Tickets must be picked up by the Season Ticket Holder of record.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Cheryl.......you gotsta pay if'n you wantsta play. In this case it's range in price is between $900-$1100 per ticket. Makes no nevermind to them.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, literally you could be paying $900.00 for an "obstructed" seat(s). Oh and quite possibly right next to an obnoxious trash can. All that aside, cpollock I truely wish you best tickets and experience possible. Blessings your way.

PS please send us some accounting of your trip if possible. Thank you

Salute the nation

ark steel

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is that it seems, regardless of where you live, you have to go to Houston to get the tickets. I suppose you would go down early, anyway, but what if you couldn't?

Think this is to hamper reselling?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Think this is to hamper reselling?

Absolutely. In theory, this is a good move by the NFL to put the tickets in the hands of actual season-ticket holders at face value. However, there's something special about getting that delivery at your door with tickets and it makes it a bit inconvenient to have to go to their will call.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I don't think I am even think I am going to enter into the lottery .. Hell the last time I won tickets from the Steelers .. The seats were not built correctly and were closed down... We are still in litigation over that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spike

Reaction score
If anyone would like to take me, I am available

Buster

Reaction score
Is the lottery competed before this weekend? If so, you win tickets and your team doesn't make it, you can't sell the tickets?

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You only get the tickets if your team wins this weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I'm furious about this. My tickets are in my dad's name. So I can't go to the ******* game because he doesn't want to go? What the ****.
What if you took his ID? Doubtful anyone would want to be without their ID for a couple days just wondering in theory.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
so am I and you wouldn't even have to pay my way to Houston since I am already here

Yeah but the problem lies in the fact my season tickets are in my dad's name. Therefore Dan has to pick them up and show his ID not Justin

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm furious about this. My tickets are in my dad's name. So I can't go to the ******* game because he doesn't want to go? What the ****.
Name change or fake ID. I'm pretty sure the out of state license recognition will be pretty lax in Texas

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Name change or fake ID. I'm pretty sure the out of state license recognition will be pretty lax in Texas

you cannot count on that especially when you shell out $2200 for tickets ..

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Coolies deal seems ok.. lol but you would have to sit by coolie,, :hitit:

Best solution is have your dad hand over his I.D. Make yourself look like him and go get tickets.

But yes this is bullshit. I'd be pissed too Cheryl and Twinkie.

Scott109

Reaction score
The other thing they changed is that you are only allowed 2 lowB repuS tickets per account. If you have 2 season tickets you get a chance for 2 tickets in the lowB repuS lottery. If you have 6- 8 season tickets you only get 2, in the past if you had 6-8 season tickets you would get you a chance for 4 SB tickets. This really screws over families.

I also have a hard time believing that all of these corporations with tons of season tickets are only going to be entitled to two tickets.

Last edited:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
So if the Steelers don't make the game, you are locked into 1000 dollar tickets you don't really want and you cannot ditch them, even though everyone else ditches theirs on NFL ticket exchange all the time. Sounds fair.