• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

**** this Govt.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
‘Cash in Envelopes’: How the US and UN Are Funding the Border Crisis https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_...the-border-crisis-5581125?utm_source=andshare

The United States is bankrolling its own “invasion” by funding the United Nations and its partners, which, in turn, give hundreds of millions of dollars in cash and aid to migrants who eventually cross the U.S. southern border illegally.

That expansion has been fueled by more than $1B in funding from the US government to the UN and other agencies assisting migrants, according to a government funding database.

But that funding has skyrocketed under the Biden administration to nearly $1.3 billion in 2023—more than double what it had been under the Trump administration, according to USASpending.gov.

“We’re actually funding our own border crisis,” Todd Bensman, senior national security fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, a “pro-immigrant, low-immigration” think tank, told The Epoch Times.

While the U.N. has aided migrants for decades, the scope of its operation has dramatically expanded as the number of illegal immigrants—from at least 160 countries—into the United States has surged.

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
and here's today's feel good story from our goobermint overwhores.

Denver cuts services in response to the migrant crisis that’s costing the city $180 million​

Denver Mayor Mike Johnston announced cuts to the DMV and Parks & Recreation in response to the migrant crisis.
Jen-120-150x150.jpg
Jennifer Brown10:52 AM MST on Feb 9, 2024

The Trust Project

The Denver skyline.
Downtown Denver as seen from Highland Park in July 2021. (Olivia Sun, The Colorado Sun via Report for America)

Denver will cut hours at recreation centers, end in-person vehicle registration renewals and eliminate spring flower beds to save $5 million this year, a response to the migrant crisis that is expected to cost the city $180 million.

Mayor Mike Johnston on Friday blasted Congress for failing this week to pass a $118.3 billion bill aimed at stopping the flow of illegal entry at the southern border and making it easier for migrants who enter legally to get work permits.

About 40,000 migrants, mostly from Venezuela, have arrived in Denver over the past year, and more than 3,500 are living in city-funded hotel rooms. Thousands took bus rides to other American cities after arriving in Denver, and an unknown number are trying to stay in the city, find jobs and send their kids to school.
Denver has received more migrants per capita than any other city in the nation, the mayor has said.

Denver set up emergency operations to welcome the new arrivals, opened city buildings as shelters and is organizing clinics to help those who are eligible apply for work authorization. Volunteers, meanwhile, mobilized to bring food, and in some cases, tents and propane heaters for those who are living outside.

“I want to thank every resident in the city who has showed up to cook a meal for someone who has arrived, who has welcomed somebody to their home, who has offered them a job, who said, ‘We will help you find your way,’” the mayor said during an emotional news conference in which he got choked up more than once. “You’ve done your part. The city will do our part. The federal government did not do their part.”

The budget cuts announced Friday amount to just one-fortieth of what the influx of newcomers will cost the city, Johnston said. They are also just the beginning, he said, as he plans to talk to the City Council about more cuts in the weeks to come.

Recreation centers will close one day each week. Division of Motor Vehicle satellite offices in the city will alternate closing one week at a time beginning March 4, and residents can no longer renew vehicle registrations in person. Denver Parks & Recreation will not plant flower beds this spring and will cut spring programs by 25%.

No full-time employees will lose their jobs, the mayor said, but some hourly and seasonal workers may have hours cut or positions will be left open. “I want it to be clear to Denverites who is not responsible for this crisis that we’re in: The folks who have walked 3,000 miles to get to this city,” Johnston said, describing families he met who were fleeing violence and poverty in Venezuela.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No full-time employees will lose their jobs, the mayor said, but some hourly and seasonal workers may have hours cut or positions will be left open. “I want it to be clear to Denverites who is not responsible for this crisis that we’re in: The folks who have walked 3,000 miles to get to this city,” Johnston said, describing families he met who were fleeing violence and poverty in Venezuela.

Uhhh, yeah, they are in very large part responsible, as are the worthless scum grifter politicians behind this insanity.

And who said 10 years ago that illegal immigration is a blight on this nation, a scourge devouring our tax dollars and impoverishing Americans for no legitimate reason? Why those crazy right-wing conspiracy theorists, that's who.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
and here's today's feel good story from our goobermint overwhores.

Denver cuts services in response to the migrant crisis that’s costing the city $180 million​

Denver Mayor Mike Johnston announced cuts to the DMV and Parks & Recreation in response to the migrant crisis.
Jen-120-150x150.jpg
Jennifer Brown10:52 AM MST on Feb 9, 2024

The Trust Project

The Denver skyline.
Downtown Denver as seen from Highland Park in July 2021. (Olivia Sun, The Colorado Sun via Report for America)

Denver will cut hours at recreation centers, end in-person vehicle registration renewals and eliminate spring flower beds to save $5 million this year, a response to the migrant crisis that is expected to cost the city $180 million.

Mayor Mike Johnston on Friday blasted Congress for failing this week to pass a $118.3 billion bill aimed at stopping the flow of illegal entry at the southern border and making it easier for migrants who enter legally to get work permits.

About 40,000 migrants, mostly from Venezuela, have arrived in Denver over the past year, and more than 3,500 are living in city-funded hotel rooms. Thousands took bus rides to other American cities after arriving in Denver, and an unknown number are trying to stay in the city, find jobs and send their kids to school.
Denver has received more migrants per capita than any other city in the nation, the mayor has said.

Denver set up emergency operations to welcome the new arrivals, opened city buildings as shelters and is organizing clinics to help those who are eligible apply for work authorization. Volunteers, meanwhile, mobilized to bring food, and in some cases, tents and propane heaters for those who are living outside.

“I want to thank every resident in the city who has showed up to cook a meal for someone who has arrived, who has welcomed somebody to their home, who has offered them a job, who said, ‘We will help you find your way,’” the mayor said during an emotional news conference in which he got choked up more than once. “You’ve done your part. The city will do our part. The federal government did not do their part.”

The budget cuts announced Friday amount to just one-fortieth of what the influx of newcomers will cost the city, Johnston said. They are also just the beginning, he said, as he plans to talk to the City Council about more cuts in the weeks to come.

Recreation centers will close one day each week. Division of Motor Vehicle satellite offices in the city will alternate closing one week at a time beginning March 4, and residents can no longer renew vehicle registrations in person. Denver Parks & Recreation will not plant flower beds this spring and will cut spring programs by 25%.

So, they're addressing the issue in Denver on the backs of the actual citizens of Denver, all the while not asking the question as to why this is happening. Brilliant!!!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1708534852438.png

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

He should have completely retired years ago.

In other news. Pedo Pete's doctor gave him a clean bill of health, saying he's fit as a fiddle for the job. Lie, lie, liar...

There's no way a doctor could clear that guy for ****. His cognitive ability is absolutely ****,and he's extremely frail. The guy can barely walk. He does the frail old man shuffle wondering which way to go.

The entire world can see it.

xjx

Reaction score
Joe said many times " watch me". KJP says no need for a test, he looks so young.

And Americans are buying it?

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Joe said many times " watch me". KJP says no need for a test, he looks so young.

They are cheering for their team, which he "leads"

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score

The alphabet networks will always portray Biden in the most flattering way, smiling with a gleam in his eyes.
Trump on the other hand will resemble Beelzabub, and those that faithfully tune into Lester Holt will believe it.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
428605990_869561561846436_9018627051414131380_n.jpg
Just an odd coincidence that my neighbors both in N. Phoenix and northern AZ are armed to the teeth.

The ranges I go to here in Northeast Florida are always super busy. They're really busy on the weekend.

The outdoor range I go to has everything from short pistol ranges up to a 700 m rifle range. Just hundreds of people. The sound and smell of freedom nonstop.

I find it relaxing and it gives me hope.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The ranges I go to here in Northeast Florida are always super busy. They're really busy on the weekend.

The outdoor range I go to has everything from short pistol ranges up to a 700 m rifle range. Just hundreds of people. The sound and smell of freedom nonstop.

I find it relaxing and it gives me hope.
I patterned six shotguns this morning, and practiced my archer this afternoon. Finished with a fire pit that I cooked steak and eggs over for dinner.

Wyoming rocks.1000010168.jpg

Last edited:

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I patterned six shotguns this morning, and practiced my archer this afternoon. Finished with a fire pit that I cooked steak and eggs over for dinner.

Wyoming rocks.View attachment 12270
Nice shootin Tex!

A few weeks back. My first time to this place didn't even bring anything to set up my targets.

I got scolded for shooting steel jacketed 7.62x39 on the rifle range at the steel targets 100 yards out. :eek:ops..lol