• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The turd franchises that won't flush

GRBman

Reaction score
Not even close. The Jags had a pro bowl level QB in Burnell. Who did we have? Kordell "can't hit the side of a barn" Stewart. Brunell was super accurate, especially downfield. Kordell was just terrible when he tried to lead receivers. He simply couldn't do it.

And although I think Hines Ward was fantastic as a player, no one is going to confuse he and Courtney Hawkins with Jimmy Smith and McCardell.

The Jags had an explosive offense. The Steelers did not. They were nowhere near "mirror images" at all. And Coughlin didn't "burn them out" they simply aged and ran out of players in their prime, which happens to all good teams.

If Coughlin was apt top "burn teams out" how did he end up winning TWO Super Bowl trophies in NY (twice as many as Tomlin won)?

um...because Coughlin EVOLVED...

...and as I recall... Kordell was a Pro-Bowl player in 2001 and AFC Offensive Player of the Year.

What I mean by mirror-images of one another is that both teams ran the ball and played great defense. Those Steeler/Jag games were all-out brawls...

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Gold medal for worst by a landslide the Cheaters

Silver medal goes to the Lions

Bronze medal to the Stains (hey they finally won something!)

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
When it comes to the Pats, you guys act just like Browns fans about the Steelers. It is quite unbecoming. Knock off the Pat envy, we got a good team ourselves. No reason to resemble Browns fan.

Speaking of **** that won't flush . . .I give you POP! The shitiest turd that just keeps resurfacing!

Chicoman

Reaction score
As pathetic as the Browns have been in the modern era of football I gotta say the worst NFL Franchise in the modern era is the Detroit Lions. One playoff victory during the 1991 season and they beat the Cowboys that season in the divisional round.

So hands down the Lions are the worst modern day NFL Franchise!

Stewey

Reaction score
Teams that have never been to a Super Bowl:

Lions
Jags
Texans (who are still kinda new so I give them a pass)

Browns

And out of those what makes the browns the lowest of the low?....the other cities have at least hosted a Super Bowl. LOL

bmoritz

Reaction score
When it comes to the Pats, you guys act just like Browns fans about the Steelers. It is quite unbecoming. Knock off the Pat envy, we got a good team ourselves. No reason to resemble Browns fan.

What's this "we" ****? Are you pretending to be a Steelers fan now?