• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The sporting news predicts us to win the super bowl over

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I hate this ****. We always fail in the limelight. That being said, Im already in the background check process to be a volunteer for the super bowl here in Houston. Cause I know Jerome will be here somewhere and he needs to know how much I love him hahah (only real SNers will get that). But to be honest, for the Steelers to win in Houston would be so fabulous. We ****** up in Dallas. This whole town was BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW during the Dallas superbowl. Texas is Steeler Country. For real.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate this ****. We always fail in the limelight. That being said, Im already in the background check process to be a volunteer for the super bowl here in Houston. Cause I know Jerome will be here somewhere and he needs to know how much I love him hahah (only real SNers will get that). But to be honest, for the Steelers to win in Houston would be so fabulous. We ****** up in Dallas. This whole town was BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW during the Dallas superbowl. Texas is Steeler Country. For real.

Black - N - GOLD U go Girl black n gold !!!!! I love it when an away game turns to a home game for our beloved steelers.

Salute the nation

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a nice dream.

I don't put much stock in predictions made before the first snap and down of the season is played.

Reaction score
Good story Iron City. When I was in college pre internet days I decided that I HAD TO HAVE a VW Corrado. Used to go to Barnes and Noble and scour the classifieds nationwide for one. Finally after a few months I found one in Alabama that I could afford. My gf and I flew down there and the car was acceptable and I bought it. The guy says to me that the title is in his office. Go on and come into this room over here. I walk into the office and the guy has a shrine similar to the one in your story. I'll never forget it. To the left of the door it started with the letter that the guy got from Bear Bryant offering him a scholarship. It then followed all news clippings etc on all 4 walls. the very last item was a giant framed sports illustrated cover. Truly a kick in the balls for any PSU fan. Seems that the guy that I was buying the car from was in on the stop to prevent the winning touchdown. Guy's name was Mike Clements. This is the guy and this was the goddamn picture! I found this article when I googled the si cover Mike Clements.http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/the_other_tackler_barry_krauss.html

Suhey was over the goal line on 3rd down. If they had replay then it would have been overruled. Damn SEC referees...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a nice dream.

I don't put much stock in predictions made before the first snap and down of the season is played.
yep

this

as the wrong injuries could slow the team during the run

just hope for the best and take one game at a time

enjoy the moment

take a deep breath fffffffffffff

smell that?

it's Steelers football on the doorstep baby !

Last edited:

skialta

Reaction score
I hate this ****. We always fail in the limelight. That being said, Im already in the background check process to be a volunteer for the super bowl here in Houston. Cause I know Jerome will be here somewhere and he needs to know how much I love him hahah (only real SNers will get that). But to be honest, for the Steelers to win in Houston would be so fabulous. We ****** up in Dallas. This whole town was BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW during the Dallas superbowl. Texas is Steeler Country. For real.[/QUOTE
Got tired of Sweet ****?

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
AWESOME story "Ghost". No disrespect to the gentleman or his house, but did you buy anything? Just curious.

Salute the nation

Yes I did. But nothing sports-related.

As I was leaving - and was out of the Raider shrine - I spotted a Zenith table radio, in perfect condition, probably from the mid-sixties. I'm a sucker for old radios. Didn't have a price tag on it. I got it for $5.

Such a deal.

Last edited: